How Are Your Parallel Parking Skills ?

:supacool: Not embarrased to brag that I am excellent at it...usually never takes more than two points...back in and turn straight, two inches from the curb front and back. I impress my PHH even. It's all in the line-up...really just a matter of practice (and I'm a weirdly precise driver :lol: )

Sick4Marc said:
:supacool: Not embarrased to brag that I am excellent at it...usually never takes more than two points...back in and turn straight, two inches from the curb front and back. I impress my PHH even. It's all in the line-up...really just a matter of practice (and I'm a weirdly precise driver :lol: )

Wow! I am in awe!!! I don't even know what that two point stuff means!!!

I think the only time I ever did it was for my driver test (21 years ago) and that was on an empty street!!

Funny you should bring it up as I practised my first parallel park yesterday - I'm ashamed to admit I am only just learning to drive at 36 years of age. Is it easier with an automatics are the norm for you guys in the states. I did okay but I don't know if it will ever be one of my strengths!

katy 1368 said:
Funny you should bring it up as I practised my first parallel park yesterday - I'm ashamed to admit I am only just learning to drive at 36 years of age. Is it easier with an automatics are the norm for you guys in the states. I did okay but I don't know if it will ever be one of my strengths!

Congratulations. :flowers:

Like with most things practice makes perfect, I'm sure you will do just fine.

My parallel parking skills are pretty good, as long as i'm doing it in either Australia or the UK, i avoid parallel parking anywhere else where the driver's seat is on the left hand side, i can still do it, but it usually takes me a bit longer :shame:

Yikes...I suck!
When I took my test in Canada there were 2 parts...driving and parallel parking. I failed the parallel parking part and had to redo it.
Luckily in California they don't require that as part of driving test (you only have to do a 3 point turn).
I did get pretty good at it when I had a Beetle...could fit that thing anywhere!
Now my hubby bought a big monster of a pickup truck, and I can barely park in a normal parking spot.
I am meant to be a small car driver (guess ti doesn't help that I am pretty much blind in one eye since birth..and have not so good depth perception).

When I was learning how to drive (and dinosaurs roamed the Earth) I knew that part of the test was parallel parking and three point turns. I was terrified of both and practiced a lot before I took the road test. Turned out the DMV cop only made me do the three point turn (on a very narrow street in a neighborhood and in my father's 1971 Pontiac tank. YIKES! ) I did just fine and got my license, but was sorely ticked I wasn't tested on parallel parking.

I'm a righteous parallel parker no matter what I've driven over the years. I look at it as a challenge to be overcome and the less space I have to work with the better. :nuts:

I haven't actually passed my test yet, but I mastered Parallel Parking on the first go! No problems whatsoever :smile: SPEEDING on the other hand gets me into real trouble. I would have been entered for my test months ago if my foot wasnt as heavy on the gas :Push: