How are you able to afford Hermes bags?

How are you able to afford Hermes bags?

• I married into money.

• I was born into money.

• I work in the medical field.

• I work as an artist (fashion designer, painter, photographer, etc.)

• I'm a business woman/man.

Results are only viewable after voting.

littlepea

Nov 9, 2008
I've always wondered how in the world do so many of you lovely ladies/men have so many expensive bags, accessories, cars, you name it.., and since there's no job section on tPF I thought I'd ask here in the bag of all bags section. I'm 18 and a freshman in college. I'm currently going to a community college and I'm focusing on General Ed., and trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do and all of that kind of stuff. I'm all over the place with what I want to be, previously I wanted to be a photographer, stylist, fashion designer (because I'm really more of an artsy person), and now I'm thinking maybe I need to be a doctor or something because I don't want to have to worry about money in my life. Either that or I need to marry a rich man or something haha idk, but I'm not a gold digger. My parents worry about money and it's very stressful for them and I don't want to be that way, and I also want to be able to take of myself and care of them when their old because they've sacrificed so much for me. So back to my question....How can do you afford a Hermes bag? I'll put up a poll to answer it.

Sorry ^that was so long, T.I.A. for helping me/giving advice. :cutesy:

Last edited:
If you are serious about trying to figure out your life path, a poll about how others afford luxury goods is not the place to start. At age 18 and in community college, there are far more relevant, immediate, and appropriate things about which to gather information. Ask yourself what you want out of life in a big sense, follow your interests, assess your abilities, see what skills you want to develop, look around to find a mentor or role model who is actually in your world, see what is possible right now and tomorrow, as well as longer term.

Also, asking about others' personal finances is rather intrusive on a public forum.

Good luck. If you have more specific questions about career and school, try posting in the General Discussion forum.

^^^^^ Couldn't you have just read through that thread and found your answers,instead of starting another thread on the same topic?

Sorry,meant for the op.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I just didn't really know how to go about searching something like this. I'm still kind of new here and still learning. I just thought it would be fun and interesting to myself and others to post a poll. Anwyays sorry again you can close this thread mods.

Little pea

Your young and gorgeous, and your sign in name is that of my favourite flower
follow your heart as to what you really enjoy doing in life do not follow the road that says this way for money, it will not bring you happiness.

I myself worked hard doing what I loved, saved for years,did not marry for money although I could have done,but without love what would be the point.

I myself am middle aged now and thats how I was able to afford my bags, at the end of the day they are just handbags, not that important compared to friends family ,

All backgrounds are here don,t think we were all born into money or married it, I know so many women who are very unhappy married to very rich men, yes they have their designer bags and clothes but trust me when I tell you some of them are just so lonely and very unhappy

And your family is so much more important,good things come to those who wait, and they will come to you

littlepea, Ardneish has pretty much said what I wanted to say, so I'll just add this: My DH and I made our money the old fashioned way--working ourselves to the bone day in and day out to make our respective businesses successful. For most people hard work is the only way to make money; the government stimulus checks won't make you rich, being a doctor won't guarantee you'll be rich and worry free, and marrying a rich man usually involves a prenup and very little love. My career advice is this: put the expensive wishlist on hold (just thinking about it makes you more likely to spend your free cash sooner than you should) and figure out what you want to do for a career regardless of how much it pays. Trying to change careers because you hate what you do is very very costly. Good luck with school!

Reactions: BagsbunnyNYC
Also, asking about others' personal finances is rather intrusive on a public forum.

While I very much agree with what you wrote about figuring out what you want to do in life, I hardly think she was inquiring how much people made or personal finances in general. I think the OP was simply trying to see what people do for a living. If your career title is that personal, don't enter the thread or do what many of my friends do and leave it as the industry title (i.e. "finance", "business", "medical" etc). I would only find her question "intrusive" if it were asked directly to you. A public forum is exactly that and should be treated as such. If you don't want to answer, you don't have to and no one has to know.

I'll never understand why so many people on this forum find the need to stir the pot. It really makes others, particularly our newer members, not want to post anything at all. :sad:

To turbo,

I'm sorry that you interpreted my comment as a pot stir, when I have no stir in me. I stated my opinion, only; your mileage may vary. I wish this young person happiness and success. :smile: