How are LV Shoes?

I wear my LV ballerina flats (brown Monogram Idylle) to work - they are very hard wearing.
I normally change work shoes yearly but these have lasted for 2 years now and still look fantastic. Great value for money and so cute! :smile:

I own lots of men's shoes by Vuitton, you may look up my collection in the clubhouse.

Anyway, the quality is good, but not outstanding considering the price. So far I had to get 1 pair replaced, 3 pairs repaired and another 2 pairs I need to get repaired this month.

I agree with you.

I saw! They're just lovely! Sorry to hear about your experiences though.

So far, there isn't an overwhelming support for their shoes.

Just when i thought i could count on you enablers!

I kid, i kid.

I would not purchase suede from LV. The suede shoes that we purchase are from stores that pre-treat and clean them regularly which LV doesn't do.

Unfortunately I have bad news for all Louis Vuitton shoe lovers.

Louis Vuitton has drastically changed their after sales service policy. Should your shoes have any issues, they will offer you a credit note or a replacement. The intent is to keep repairs to a minimum. Additionally, they tightened their definition of manufacturing defect and material defect which means most issues are now no longer covered by their new policy. Last but not least, their policy only covers shoes that are less than 1.5 years old.

I am rather disappointed by this policy change. If I buy a pair of shoes that costs more than 600 USD, I expect the company to stand behind their product for more than just 1.5 years and to offer a 360° after sales service.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I wanted to share my thought on their shoes.

About 5 months ago I purchased a pair of Gucci drivers and absolutely loved them. Wear them almost daily. Well this weekend I went into Louis Vuitton and chose out my new drivers. I wanted to have another high end driver to switch with. After speaking with the SA at LV I decided on a pair of shoes. Multiple times I expressed my concern in the quality of shoes and durability. I asked multiple times how the leather will hold up to wear. I told them I liked to wear and enjoy my shoes and this wont be something that sits on the shelf. I was assured of the high craftsmanship and quality of LV. I purchased the Hockenheim loafer for 660 plus tax.

I have worn them for 2 hours. I wore them to go get a car wash and to meet a friend at starbucks. Now both shoes are having tears in the heel of the shoe. I took them back to the store and told them this was unacceptable. All they said it was normal wear and tear. I told them this was not normal wear and tear for something that has hardly been used. She told me that the leather is very soft and its very easy to scratch. That is when I got very upset. So many times I voiced concern over the durability of the shoe and was assured of the high quality and craftsmanship. Finally after being in the store for 30 minutes the manager took the shoes and told me she would send them in to have them inspected. She told me they would only do something if the shoe is found defective. I was in shock at how poorly the shoes were holding up to a few hours of wear. My Gucci shoes have been worn almost daily and show very little sign of wear. I wish I had the shoes to post a picture but LV has them for now. Im scared of what will happen next.