How are LV Shoes?

HPoirot

Jan 26, 2012
Recently went to LV at MBS Singapore and saw the loveliest pair of LV loafers!

The blue Navajo moccasin in suede calf.

How are LV shoes? Are they worth the premium, or are they more of a slap LV over anything and mark it up 300%?

Is suede difficult to maintain/take care of? Will i have to avoid the rain?

I only have one pair of LV shoes and I love them....(ballerina flats) they were purchased bc I just happened to get a little extra cash. I don't think I would have purchased them otherwise. They are comfortable but since I spent about $600 I don't dare wear them if there is even the slightest chance of anything but sunshine. I wouldn't wear anything suede in the rain....surely to get ruined!!

Well, as a dude, ballerina flats look weird on me.

Lol! No experience with the men's shoes though DH has pursued. I think they are very good, both men's and women's but they are not excellent. So it comes down to looks, of course. As a man, based on quality, DH prefers Ferragamo first, then Prada. From a women's perspective, LV in my opinion, is below Gucci and YSL but better than Louboutins.

I would not purchase suede from LV. The suede shoes that we purchase are from stores that pre-treat and clean them regularly which LV doesn't do.

Well, as a dude, ballerina flats look weird on me.

No experience on men shoes. I had the brea sneaker- jersey/leather outside. I wore them during a heavy downpour, they are wet but my feet were kept dry. I have too many incidents of rain water seeping thru into my toes, so I was surprised brea didn't.

Having said all that, I would say i am paying a premium for the label.

I have a lot of LV shoes. They are my favorite shoe brand actually. Comfortable and they fit me almost perfectly. I have a suede tan moccasin, I wonder if its the same style you mentioned? If so they are very comfortable. My SA treated them with a waterproofer for suede, and they look great.

I've tried some of the ballerina flats at LV and they're quite comfy. But I wouldn't spend that much on shoes because I'd be mortified if it got really dirty or scratched-- which is pretty unavoidable cuz they're shoes!

As for suede, not sure about the LV ones but in general, water is a no-no.

Thanks for all the feedback people!

I'm looking at getting a good pair of loafers. And i've narrowed down this, something from Bottega Venetta, or Car Shoe, in order of preference.

Any suggestions?

Recently went to LV at MBS Singapore and saw the loveliest pair of LV loafers!

The blue Navajo moccasin in suede calf.

How are LV shoes? Are they worth the premium, or are they more of a slap LV over anything and mark it up 300%?

Is suede difficult to maintain/take care of? Will i have to avoid the rain?

I own lots of men's shoes by Vuitton, you may look up my collection in the clubhouse.

Anyway, the quality is good, but not outstanding considering the price. So far I had to get 1 pair replaced, 3 pairs repaired and another 2 pairs I need to get repaired this month.

Lol! No experience with the men's shoes though DH has pursued. I think they are very good, both men's and women's but they are not excellent.
I would not purchase suede from LV. The suede shoes that we purchase are from stores that pre-treat and clean them regularly which LV doesn't do.

I agree with you.