How about a little VL........

I have 32 VL gold kelly in PHW. I love it. It's a medium light color. The other day I looked at it, and I was thinking this color was really between the orange and yellow. Well, I love the color, I don't like the feel of VL (stiff and hard) though it looks very good. Here are the two pictures I posted in another shoes and bag forum.

Attachments

• goldkelly.jpg
    goldkelly.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 94
  • kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 105
I have seen thus far, the Voyage size Birkin and two Paris-Bombay bags in Vache Liegee. I must admit that although I love it for the stiffness and durability, the leather appears like it is trying too hard. The graining and everything else about it is a bit too perfect. A bit like Porc. I may not be all that keen on the leather but I must say that if I have a go at another Birkin in the near future, I might just get it in VL for its hardwearing attributes - very important for someone who doesn't take care of his things too well.

Here is my rouge h vl. I have had no regrets with this leather or any problems.I love it.I do think one of the best colors in this leather is rouge h.:yes:

Attachments

• P1010488_edited-1.jpg
    P1010488_edited-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 120
Another consideration is the retourne VL bag vs. a sellier VL issue. The retourne VL is soft and supple, not like swift, certainly, but not hard like a board either. Just like sellier box is a lot stiffer to the touch than retourne box Kellys. I understand a VL Bolide to be quite stiff, where my Birkin is not. I can squeeze its gussets, bend it, and it responds. It's much more delightful in a Birkin than I ever dreamed!

I also feel that pictures do not do this leather justice. They don't capture the color, depth, shine, slight texture and movement in a retourne style H bag.

Here's a pic of my ebene VL 35, and it's the closest I've come to capturing the magical quality of VL (even with the reflection and poor quality of the pic). Other pics of VL just seem flat in comparison. (pardon the gris, didn't bother to edit it out.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 201
I think it would be LOVELY, S'Mom. :graucho: Although my Kelly is epsom not VL; the size, shape, and colour are similiar and I absolutely adore her in a light colour. I've paired it with everything from black on up, and she's dressy enough to get away with anything...

Except with my gear for the gym, that gal goes everywhere!

.....for me?

I'm still thinking about a light colored Kelly for everyday, rain or shine and chanced across a pic of a Gold Vache Liegee Kelly in the Information thread that stopped me dead in my tracks!

And I thought......how about a 28cm Gold VL Kelly?

Pros and cons anyone? I know next to nothing about this leather except that Gold seems lighter looking in it and I don't think it would compete with my Gold Togo Birkin for wear-time.

Would love your opinions......trying to put a list together for Muffin of acceptible bags for S'Mom.....:P

Shopmom, I think VL is a great choice. My HAC is gold VL, and goes with everything. I LOVE it!

The little I've used my VL Birkin it has softened considerably. It is quite amazing leather, imo. And I'm not terribly fond of epsom or courcheval (have a trim in each), so in comparing VL to those two leathers, there is, to me, no comparison.

It shines, it's very tough, but lively to the touch, rain-resistant, gorgeous two-tone and very light texture....you may be on to something, here....VL may be perfect for your needs in your new bag!

I'm with Katel 100%. I have a Birkin, Supple Kelly and Trim in VL. It is the most durable leather, acquires the most beautiful sheen. I think my Gold Birkin is one of the most beautiful bags I have ever seen. My other two VL's are Noisette. Someone in this forum posted a pic of a Rouge H VL Rigid Kelly and I have been lusting after that bag ever since.

Toonie...can you give us a clearer picture of your ruge H bag? Close up and good lighting? I would love to see it!

Also, can you all add the color you have seen VL come in as of recent here?

There's a gorgeous sheen on VL that Epsom doesn't have. And I personally think it is this attribute that makes VL so elegant.

Until you own a VL bag yourself, you won't be able to fully appreciate its beauty.