Hotel recommendation NYC?

The Library Hotel! It is beyond wonderful. I always stay there when I am in the city. Great service, wonderful and witty themed rooms, brilliant location, fantastic roof top garden, complimentary bits and pieces galore included a great wine and cheese session every day. I would take a lot of persuading to stay anywhere else. Check it out.

If you stay at a 5 star hotel, I'd definitely go through Five Star Alliance to get your reservations. They don't cost any more than the others, and they are wonderful to work with if you have specific needs. Also, they buy up the best rooms in the hotel. They will answer every question you have, and they are a first class group to deal with. (with which to deal :smile:)<<<< another thread on here. :~)

I am having the same problem. I am going to NY the week after Labor day. I am also trying to find a nice place to stay that won't cost me a ton.

After spending many hours on Tripadvisor

I picked the Courtyard by Marriott for our trip. It got great reviews. Most people rated it 4.5 or 5 out of 5. And it is fully refundable if you find something better.:tup:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...th=09/2007&outDay=10&adults=2&hs=bak06w:10023

And they have rooms with 2 double beds. And you get free internet (can stay updated on TPF)

Also check out Travelzoo.com they post specials for hotels.

I just returned from NY today and we split our time between the hotel giraffe and the library hotel, two sister hotels. They were both fab! The library hotel has smaller rooms, but they were beautiful. They both serve champagne, cheese and crackers etc every evening between 5 and 8 and breakfast is included also every morning. If I had to stay in one again I would probably pick the library hotel as I loved the location but I would not be disappointed in a stay in either of them

Lombardi's in the Village....if you like clams order their famous white clam pie. If you want a quick fix then any of the Famous Rays, Ray Barberi's or any pizza place with the name Ray in it is fine!! John's pizza is also good.

does it have to be modern decor? the most beautiful hotel i have stayed in is the st. regis, and the location is second to none - 55th and 5th, or the peninula hotel which is across the street is also beautiful. W's are fun but IMO not as nice, and also try chambershotel.com -- GREAT hotel at 56th between 5th and 6th. modern and cute. ask for a corner room overlooking 56th if you book with them ;)

REALLY?? Whoops... i didn't realize the room rates were so high!!

ok the hudson hotel is an ian schrager hotel check it out here
http://www.hudsonhotel.com/

it's got a really cool bar that's a pain to get in but it's a pain to get in unless you stay there...

the cafe there is YUMMY> i love their beef ravioli and their club sandwich!!

the bar at the hudson is awesome. i spent three hours in there 2 weekends ago. i managed to get in but i wasn't saying there ;)

I have only been to NY a few times but I LOVE Patsy's. Last time I was in NY I took 4 full pizza's back home with me. I was staying at a friends place so I would seperate and wrap each slice and then freeze them. Once it is seperated it does not take that much room. Then I would just pack it right before I left and when I got back to Los Angeles it was still cold just not frozen.

YUMMMMMMMMMMM

You know, I really like The Roosevelt Hotel. It's not really fancy but it's a good value and you can't beat the location. Walking distance to my fave stores on Fifth Ave. and right down the street from Grand Central Station.

We stayed in the Sheraton Four Points hotel last time, and it was great. The location was good, and the price was better than a lot of other places. The rooms were a little small, but well decorated and clean. There was also free internet, which is a bonus. I don't think it's necessary to pay too much for a room anyway cause you'll be out of it for most of the day anyway. Have fun in NY!