Horror Stories like "My Coach was stolen"

Awful, very Awful when someone steals from you.
Was 8 months pregnant, MIL had a shower in her state for me, so my husband and I went over for the weekend. Took of my tight wedding ring the first evening, next day it was gone. $6000! OMG! I thought I was going to go blind with tears, my DH was more worried il. Go into preterm labor, MIL was so embarrassed, everyone who had visited while we were there were close friends or relatives, and when they sneaked into our room no one could tell. It was surreal. My husband replaced my rings but till date I look at it differently. Maybe when we do vows renewals it would mean as much to me as the first.

A couple months ago we were posted overseas (Foreign Service DOS). I ordered the MK MacBook travel tote in red, it was bigger than the jet set medium I had so I was going to return, but returns through pouch takes forever, so a friend said she ll drop by at home to see if she likes it and take it. She showed up with 2 girlfriends of hers. We got into show and tells and was showing them other things. Brought out my MK watches I don't have a display case so I put them in their original cases when not in use. Brought out all 4, they ohed and ah and wowed over them and left. She didn't buy the MK bag.
4 days later wanted to use the Bradshaw gold watch and the case was empty. Calling her to ask if she had left with it somehow was the most difficult thing I had done, she said no, then she said she would call her friends, they said no.
So the watch grew wings flew out the gate without the security seeing it fly by. Talk about being violated even in my own house. Perhaps if I had noticed it same day... I'd have seen it.
When I loose something I love so much, it hurts real bad. I ordered a replacement from Nordstrom hopefully it ll help me get over it once it gets here. My husband said, it served me right. Miss show off. He said next time, il be sure to only bring out what was asked for.
Plus I ordered a watch display case from Amazon and the darn thing cost only $60.
It's disgusting when women steal. In my mind its a male thing not female. If there was a guy in d mix I would have said oh he took it. I will NEVER think that way again. Ever!

OMG, I'm so sorry about what happened to you. It's awful that some people think they can just take something that someone else worked so hard to get. Especially "friends". It is a terrible lesson in human nature.