Horrific experience with Celine - this is blowing my mind.

Terrible. I agree that with natural leather (I have a classic in this leather) those marks are pretty much unavoidable. I also got mine new from the back of the shop but I would have also got the display model with some markings because this is how this leather behaves. But how can they blame you and refuse to exchange?!
I concur this is possibly a leather that’s better not to order online.

What I also find incredible is that your local Celine shop didn’t have any classics and said they could not procure you one? What do they sell instead, lollipops?!

oh no! I just started a thread about how I want to buy a luggage. As a new customer, now I'm not so sure. I've had bad experiences at Chanel too. Jeesh. Thanks for the story but sorry you had to deal with this.

I remember going to the Celine store bringing my knot bracelet, because there was some discoloration and tarnishing
When i showed to them, They just dismissed me without even looking at the bracelet
They simply say, "we don't provide polishing service"
So disappointing

• Angry
Reactions: LVCoffeeAddict
My Celine Knot bangle broke when I went to wear it for the third time. I took it back to them expecting them to apologize and offer a replacement (I had it little over a month). Instead I was told that they can’t fix it and that’s all. No replacement, refund or credit note. I had so much respect for the brand and was planning a classic box bag purchase but that’s now out of the question. I’m grateful it was comparatively inexpensive to any handbag in the store but the service (and let’s be honest - deplorable quality) has soured me for life.

I remember going to the Celine store bringing my knot bracelet, because there was some discoloration and tarnishing
When i showed to them, They just dismissed me without even looking at the bracelet
They simply say, "we don't provide polishing service"
So disappointing

When ‘jewelry’ from Mango or Zara outlasts luxury brands like Celine, you realize what it is you’re really paying for. The wasted money is infuriating but the treatment was what really upset me. They were completely blasé and nonplussed. No apology. Just a shrug like ‘take back your broken bracelet’. Awful. And I loved their brand legacy and esthetic so much. A tough lesson to learn.

I had two Celine knot bangles that broke. To be more so expected with the jewelry though. It's not fine. Other products though, I find to be so disappointing to hear.

[
[/QUOTE]

• Wow
Reactions: earthygirl
When ‘jewelry’ from Mango or Zara outlasts luxury brands like Celine, you realize what it is you’re really paying for. The wasted money is infuriating but the treatment was what really upset me. They were completely blasé and nonplussed. No apology. Just a shrug like ‘take back your broken bracelet’. Awful. And I loved their brand legacy and esthetic so much. A tough lesson to learn.

[
[/QUOTE]
It’s sad, because nowadays when I buy luxury I assume the service will be neutral at best and the product itself must be inspected and evaluated carefully by me before I decide to purchase. I actually don’t expect any service afterwards. It’s not the way it ought to be, but I think it’s what luxury shopping has become. The culture has become one of “your lucky you got your hands on one“ rather than “Our quality and service set us apart from the rest.”

With such low expectations, I am usually not disappointed, but I think I’m also gradually losing interest in luxury overall.

this thread has 25,000 views. from a business perspective, wouldn't that be more damaging than refunding you 5 grand? which I'm sure they knew was a chance you'd get back through your credit card anyway? i know I'll never buy any more celine (i only have one of their bags, i'd rather just put my money towards a piece of jewelry at this point). just baffles me though....

this thread has 25,000 views. from a business perspective, wouldn't that be more damaging than refunding you 5 grand? which I'm sure they knew was a chance you'd get back through your credit card anyway? i know I'll never buy any more celine (i only have one of their bags, i'd rather just put my money towards a piece of jewelry at this point). just baffles me though....
22 months later....

I'm sorry to hear about your absolutely awful Celine experience. I experienced similar kind of pain when I have my Nano Luggage for repair - long story short, it was an utterly sh** show! I'm honestly done with Celine. What I don't understand is why their customer service on a nosedive?! Maybe they should keep up with the other luxury brand and have a bi yearly price increase and maintain a consistent standard, rather than having minimal to none price increase and then cheap out on spending any money on training staff and resorting ripping off clients for their shortcomings.