Hooray for the Halzan...

Thank you. Bleu nuit looks almost black in photos but IRL it's blue, unmistakably. It's like navy but prettier. Is it crazy I am nervous to remove the tags?? It's the most expensive bag I have bought and possibly ever will.

Reactions: renet
Is the natural barenia more prone to scratches?

I am interested in that too.

Barenia is a gorgeous leather. In my experience either you love it or pass it to barenia lovers like me. Yes, it scratches, but in a different way than for example epsom leather. Barenia scratches very easy but on the surface. Eventually the leather develops a shiny patina, the colour changes slightly when cleaned with glycerine soap or treated with specific balms/oils by craftsmen (spa) and the scratches blend in. Also rubbing a scratch helps, something one can do oneself.

If you are looking for a durable carefree bag that you want to keep pristine and use without babying it, then a new barenia bag is not for you. After a while when the patina develops the barenia bag becomes IMO a carefree bag that can take rain and be a good companion wherever you go. I'm looking forward aging with my barenia bags [emoji3]

Barenia is a gorgeous leather. In my experience either you love it or pass it to barenia lovers like me. Yes, it scratches, but in a different way than for example epsom leather. Barenia scratches very easy but on the surface. Eventually the leather develops a shiny patina, the colour changes slightly when cleaned with glycerine soap or treated with specific balms/oils by craftsmen (spa) and the scratches blend in. Also rubbing a scratch helps, something one can do oneself.

If you are looking for a durable carefree bag that you want to keep pristine and use without babying it, then a new barenia bag is not for you. After a while when the patina develops the barenia bag becomes IMO a carefree bag that can take rain and be a good companion wherever you go. I'm looking forward aging with my barenia bags [emoji3]
Thank you for the info. I am also looking for a barenia halzan.