Hooray for the Halzan...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the bleu nuit and the bleu saphir? I am looking at a few pre-owned ones online as the website only has black and very limited colors. I'm guessing these blues are older colors. Thank you for your help.
Hi TXLVer,
I went through the same research, and even asked a TPFer who listed her Halzan in the blues color thread as sapphire to explain as best she could to me how dark hers appeared, and she kindly double checked on her invoice and found that in fact it's nuit. I wanted the darkest possible blue for mine and went with nuit (it comes with indigo lining) because I recalled seeing a too bright for me dark blue Halzan in my boutique, which I figured must have been saphir. The other thing is that in clemence leather (which the Halzans are that you're considering) the nuit and saphir colors take slightly differently than in togo. Finally, in my experience the h.com website is not helpful enough for exact color determination even when you do find the color you're looking for there; so for example, you could look at SLG in sapphire and still not know for sure that's what you like. I think you might ask the reseller to send you extra photos if you're particular on the shade of blue - there's always a chance they're mis-quoting a color, say if the owner gave them the wrong info to begin with...
HTH.

Last Sunday (a week ago), we decided to drop by Toronto Hermés to see if they had any Halzan in store.

There was none on display and one of the newer SAs approached me to help. The senior SA that I recognized was talking to another SA at the time.

Hadn't been to that store in over a year so I wasn't expecting anyone to recognize me.

The nice new SA, after finding out that I wanted to look for a Halzan told me that she would go check in the back for me. Meanwhile, DH, our three boys, and I , just walked around the store checking out other items.

The senior SA, thought our baby was cute and played with him a bit. Then he asked me if there was anything I was looking for. Told him I was looking for the Halzan and that the other SA was already helping me. He very nice said, "We will check for you". Then we chatted a little and he remembered who I was. " I thought you looked familiar!" he exclaimed.

The new SA originally came back out empty-handed. Just as she was about to say something to me, the senior SA motioned for her "do it", in body language, if you know what I mean.

So the new SA went to the back again and brought an orange box.

It was a regular Halzan in fauve Barenia with potironon the inside!

From my readings here, these are not a popular find!

I am so happy with my find now that it is my favourite bag now over the Kelly's, Berline, Lindy, and Bolide!

Thanks for allowing me to share!

Hi TXLVer,
I went through the same research, and even asked a TPFer who listed her Halzan in the blues color thread as sapphire to explain as best she could to me how dark hers appeared, and she kindly double checked on her invoice and found that in fact it's nuit. I wanted the darkest possible blue for mine and went with nuit (it comes with indigo lining) because I recalled seeing a too bright for me dark blue Halzan in my boutique, which I figured must have been saphir. The other thing is that in clemence leather (which the Halzans are that you're considering) the nuit and saphir colors take slightly differently than in togo. Finally, in my experience the h.com website is not helpful enough for exact color determination even when you do find the color you're looking for there; so for example, you could look at SLG in sapphire and still not know for sure that's what you like. I think you might ask the reseller to send you extra photos if you're particular on the shade of blue - there's always a chance they're mis-quoting a color, say if the owner gave them the wrong info to begin with...
HTH.
Thank you for taking the time to explain. That does make sense. Lighting makes such a huge difference with these blue hues. I will take all that you said into consideration for sure. So NOT a fan of the H website. So hard to navigate and seems not up to date. Not user friendly at all.

So, I just got a pre-loved Halzan this week. I love it! So, I have a question regarding the straps. I know you can wear it long on the first hole and also make one side longer for a shorter strap. Does anyone do both second holes to make it really short? I'm petite at 5'0" and I tried this and like it right under my arm. Also, when you loop the strap into the buckle, do you put the strap down into the leather loop thing always? Seems like a lot of bending of the strap. I don't want to get a dent in the strap in case I want to wear it long. Thanks ladies. Glad to join this group! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: renet
So, I just got a pre-loved Halzan this week. I love it! So, I have a question regarding the straps. I know you can wear it long on the first hole and also make one side longer for a shorter strap. Does anyone do both second holes to make it really short? I'm petite at 5'0" and I tried this and like it right under my arm. Also, when you loop the strap into the buckle, do you put the strap down into the leather loop thing always? Seems like a lot of bending of the strap. I don't want to get a dent in the strap in case I want to wear it long. Thanks ladies. Glad to join this group! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::heart::heart::heart:

Congrats first of all! I am slightly taller and also like to wear both my regular Halzans at the shortest length. I feel it is more secure. I have no problems with the straps inside the loop but if you worry about dents then leave them out. Just want to point out that this might put a bit of extra stress on the holes. Enjoy your Halzan!

Congrats first of all! I am slightly taller and also like to wear both my regular Halzans at the shortest length. I feel it is more secure. I have no problems with the straps inside the loop but if you worry about dents then leave them out. Just want to point out that this might put a bit of extra stress on the holes. Enjoy your Halzan!
Thanks Periogirl28! I think I first saw your Halzan on the Gucci Princetown thread in the Gucci forum and that's how I discovered this lovely bag. I will probably use the loops so I don't put excessive stress on the holes.

Congrats TXLVer! Which specs did you choose, and would you come back with pix for us to enjoy too? Enjoy!!