Travel Honolulu, Hawaii

Well Kalakaua Ave and Ala Moana are great. Doris Duke's Shangri-La. I think you would have plenty of time to go to another island!! Have a great trip!!

For Shopping on Oahu:

-Ala Moana is a huge outdoor shopping center in Honolulu with tons of high end stores (Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, Hermes, etc.).
-Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki has a lot of great high-end shopping. Check out Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center which was recently renovated and has stores like Furla, Kate Spade, 7FAM, Hermes, Cartier, etc.
-Waikele Premium Outlets is about a 30 minute car ride from Honolulu and has stores like Saks Off Fifth, Barneys Outlet, True Religion, Coach, etc.

My favorite is Ala Moana because they have the best selection of stores.

If you want action and a lot of things to do within walking distance, stay in Waikiki. If you want to 'get away from it all' and relax, I could consider Turtle Bay (on Oahu's North Shore) although it is about 45 minutes to 1 hour from Waikiki. If you really want a relaxing & remote Hawaii Resort experience, I would consider visiting/staying on Kauai, Lanai or Kona on the Big Island. However, there is virtually NO shopping on any island other than Oahu.

P.S - I'm from Hawaii (Oahu) and love to shop. =)

Aloha, SafronAngel! I definitely think 7 days is enough to visit 2 different islands, but it does depend on your priorities & preferences. Are you more into the city life -- great shopping, touristy things? Or are you more into nature, scenic stuff? Since you're going to Oahu to begin with, it is the main island & offers you the best of both worlds... like *SL* recommended the North Shore.

I highly recommend doing a search for "Hawaii" because there have been many threads in the past that can help you!

Just got back last month. Stayed at Ko Olina Marriott and just loved it. Perfect for families. It is further away from the Waikiki action, we just went there some of the evenings. Shopping is great, lots of high end shopping. Nordstrom Rack is there with Off Fifth.

I went there last August, you're gonna love it! We stayed in Waikiki at the Hale Koa (for active and retired servicemen/women) and it was a great area. There was a hotel next door... can't remember the name but it looked really nice and a lot of the shuttles for attractions left from there... I think the Hilton Village? The outlets are definitely worth as far as shopping goes. Enjoy your trip!

Sounds wonderful! We spent 11 days in Honolulu and didn't leave the island! There is so much to do and it's sooo beautiful. Cliff jumping, snorkeling, surfing, shopping... the list goes on and on :smile:

Have fun!