Travel HONEYMOON Recommendations - Where To and Why?

You're welcome :smile:

I've never been there in November, but I know that the climate is like "always spring", though the summers get quite hot too, last year we went in August, it was 34 degrees Celzius. I was there in March once, and we went for a swim in the ocean several times, also a lot of the hotels have heated pools. It can get windy, especially in Tenerife and some of the smaller islands (I've heard from friends). Very sunny, and the views are lovely

Oh that's good to know about the heated pools...thank you!

We're planning our honeymoon for this upcoming November. We're from the US and want to go international. We're allotting two weeks for this special vacation. Only problem is we can't decide where to go...

Here are some ideas we have so far:

1. Santorini and Paris (beautiful but will have to do our own excursion planning)
2. Spain and Canary Islands (beautiful but Canary Islands lack the beaches that my fiancé wanted)
3. Maldives (beautiful but expensive and exploring seeks limited due to culture?)

We have pros and cons for all three places, hence the difficult decision. We're not necessarily locked in on just these places so if you have been to these places and have any input, we'd love to hear it. Also, we'd be very happy to hear any recommendations for other places.

Thank you!!

I would go to the Maldives before it gets swallowed up by the rising sea level. There are plenty to do in the water (swim, snorkel, dive, kayak, surf) not to mention just sitting around enjoying not doing anything (the ultimate luxury!).

Just thought I would show you some of my pics from Santorini when I went last July :smile: Santorini is so picturesque that it looks fake! November might be cold and a lot of shops might be closed but it's such a beautiful island. If you are going to Santorini, I highly recommend you to stay in Fira for the convenience of getting around the island since all bus transfers are through Fira.

Complimentary breakfast outside of our room overlooking the Aegean sea. You will never get tired of the view. Adamis Majestic hotel in Fira)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466191704.401148.jpg

View from our room
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466191821.807860.jpg

This was in Oia
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466191843.015624.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466191861.774789.jpg

Our second hotel was in Imerovigli (Santorini)
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466191916.480396.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: raspberrypink
I would go to the Maldives before it gets swallowed up by the rising sea level. There are plenty to do in the water (swim, snorkel, dive, kayak, surf) not to mention just sitting around enjoying not doing anything (the ultimate luxury!).

Lol, well def go! But I think we might wait until after this one...

Just thought I would show you some of my pics from Santorini when I went last July :smile: Santorini is so picturesque that it looks fake! November might be cold and a lot of shops might be closed but it's such a beautiful island. If you are going to Santorini, I highly recommend you to stay in Fira for the convenience of getting around the island since all bus transfers are through Fira.

Complimentary breakfast outside of our room overlooking the Aegean sea. You will never get tired of the view. Adamis Majestic hotel in Fira)

View attachment 3383175

View from our room
View attachment 3383176

This was in Oia
View attachment 3383177
View attachment 3383178

Our second hotel was in Imerovigli (Santorini)
View attachment 3383180

O.M.G!! That is absolutely beautiful!!!! That is exactly how I pictured it but normally what you picture isn't really reality! We were almost set on Santorini until we looked at the temperature [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] then we realized that the only way we can have a warm vacation, near the beach (what he wants) is to stay near the equator and that's how we landed on Bali. Santorini is def a place that I will visit though! And I will take note and remember to stay in Fira! Thank you so much!

Lol, well def go! But I think we might wait until after this one...

O.M.G!! That is absolutely beautiful!!!! That is exactly how I pictured it but normally what you picture isn't really reality! We were almost set on Santorini until we looked at the temperature [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] then we realized that the only way we can have a warm vacation, near the beach (what he wants) is to stay near the equator and that's how we landed on Bali. Santorini is def a place that I will visit though! And I will take note and remember to stay in Fira! Thank you so much!

Definitely go in the summer when you have a chance! And it is exactly as you pictured and more. Those were my personal pictures by the way.

One more thought... What about Tortola BVI? Beautiful place with so much to do. November is between 78-85 degrees. Beaches are stunning. Plenty of excursions such as snorkeling, diving, beautiful private beaches (treasure island was filmed on one), fantastic restaurants, virgin gorda baths, Norman island, etc. Beautiful place!

We just got back from Spain 2 weeks ago. It was lovely and each city had its own vibe. If you want beaches, Portugal enjoys lovely weather. Cascais was lovely though we only had 2 nights in Portugal. That would be my suggestion - easy itinerary, glorious wine, wonderful people. I'm trying to convince a friend to go to Barcelona next month since I did not get that far east.

Go somewhere once in a lifetime, and go for as long as you can. My husband and I spent 3 weeks in China, Japan, HK, and Thailand. We did things and saw things that many people from my part of the world will never get to experience. It was truly unforgettable, and a great way to celebrate our relationship.

That said, I'm not sure where you're from or how accessible Spain, France, and Greece are to you, but the Maldives sounds like the best option. You'll get to relax, still do some sightseeing, and focus on enjoying your honeymoon. I strongly believe that a great vacation can be ruined by too many excursions. The other locations, while lovely, lack that WE'RE ON OUR HONEYMOON vibe. :heart::heart::heart:Maldives will be you, the love of your life, sugar sand, and the beautiful ocean.

Maybe I should become a travel agent!

We were almost set on Santorini until we looked at the temperature [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] then we realized that the only way we can have a warm vacation, near the beach (what he wants) is to stay near the equator and that's how we landed on Bali. Santorini is def a place that I will visit though! And I will take note and remember to stay in Fira! Thank you so much!

Hi OP! I think it's rainy season at that time of year for Bali. I'm not quite sure when it starts so you might want to do a search to confirm. I was in Bali in early December a few years ago and it poured every day! :sad: You might instead want to check out islands such as Phuket in Thailand which have the monsoon season around June through October.

Go somewhere once in a lifetime, and go for as long as you can. My husband and I spent 3 weeks in China, Japan, HK, and Thailand. We did things and saw things that many people from my part of the world will never get to experience. It was truly unforgettable, and a great way to celebrate our relationship.

That said, I'm not sure where you're from or how accessible Spain, France, and Greece are to you, but the Maldives sounds like the best option. You'll get to relax, still do some sightseeing, and focus on enjoying your honeymoon. I strongly believe that a great vacation can be ruined by too many excursions. The other locations, while lovely, lack that WE'RE ON OUR HONEYMOON vibe. :heart::heart::heart:Maldives will be you, the love of your life, sugar sand, and the beautiful ocean.

Maybe I should become a travel agent!

Aw, that is the plan! We are very excited [emoji16]

Hi OP! I think it's rainy season at that time of year for Bali. I'm not quite sure when it starts so you might want to do a search to confirm. I was in Bali in early December a few years ago and it poured every day! :sad: You might instead want to check out islands such as Phuket in Thailand which have the monsoon season around June through October.

Oh no! He checked and said the weather should be good..:I guess we'll just see *crossing fingers*

The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen are in Tahiti so that is my recommendation. Plus it is temperate year round so November is no problem.

Aw man, this will have to be put in our bucket list. Thank yoU!