Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

Watch snobs (and I don't mean anyone here lol) may look down at the j12, but I just got mine and I love it. Chanel originated the white ceramic and I also think that makes mine special, especially as I don't care for leather straps or metal watches on myself. And they do have automatics if that's your thing. I guess it makes a difference if you plan on reselling yours, but otherwise why not get what you like?

Reactions: Sharifshopping
I've been using my J12 for 3-4yrs and I still love it! infact, I cant see myself wearing any others other than my J12.
I went watch-less when I had her send in for servicing for 3wks.
It is a resilient watch. It withstood much accidental banging and dropping and it still look just as good as Day 1.

Reactions: Sharifshopping
Although it's not my favourite or staple, I think it's a great fashion piece to have..
I've had the white one for a few years now and wear it often enough.
It holds up so well though! Mine has taken a beating and some and it's still looking perfectly fine.
thumbnail_image1-6_zpsxxl6txcl.jpg

I had the intense black J12 and loved it. It was stolen a year and a half after having it, so I ended up buying a rolex this time around after my heart got over the J12. I love them so much and if there weren't bad memories attached I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think they have a classic look, but that ceramic watches are still very much on trend. The only downside for me was the smallest is the 29mm and it was a little large for my wrist, so in that respect it looked trendy and not too classic. This of course has nothing to do with the style. I would go for it!

I love my J12 watch! Yes, I contemplated over the watch as just from a "fashion" line, but if you think about it, isn't Rolex a fashion statement piece also? Yes, I know Rolex is the world renown watch maker since how long ago, but I just look at it as another name brand item (fashion) jewelry that everyone wants to show off (no offense)! I see them all the time and I can't tell if its real or fake? I also own a Cartier watch and choose to wear my J12 over it anytime! I read up about J12 and found that Chanel has some time to be a watch/fashion industry, but it aint like they don't know what they are doing. They do hire people with watch experience and make sure they sell quality items! I cant say for their leather goods (sorry dont own any) but my watch has held up for the past 2 years and I love it! Sorry for the rant! I hope not to offend people here, I know some people defend what they own, but Im defending Chanel on their J12 watches.

Reactions: DeborahJayne
I love my J12 watch! Yes, I contemplated over the watch as just from a "fashion" line, but if you think about it, isn't Rolex a fashion statement piece also? Yes, I know Rolex is the world renown watch maker since how long ago, but I just look at it as another name brand item (fashion) jewelry that everyone wants to show off (no offense)! I see them all the time and I can't tell if its real or fake? I also own a Cartier watch and choose to wear my J12 over it anytime! I read up about J12 and found that Chanel has some time to be a watch/fashion industry, but it aint like they don't know what they are doing. They do hire people with watch experience and make sure they sell quality items! I cant say for their leather goods (sorry dont own any) but my watch has held up for the past 2 years and I love it! Sorry for the rant! I hope not to offend people here, I know some people defend what they own, but Im defending Chanel on their J12 watches.
When they say Chanel is a fashion watch they mean that it is meant as an accessory and that they focus on how the watch looks not moves. The argument is that a rolex is objectively a better watch. While it can be a fashion statement they're all in house movement and from start to finish except for the ss are made in house. Essentially they are a watch before a fashion statement. Chanel among many other watch brands use ETA movement (automatic) which is "customized" for Chanel, but isn't a Chanel movement and they aren't cosc certified. In other words the insides of a Chanel watch are the same brand as the swatch watch or the hermes watch that you wear. Some watches are quartz by Chanel which keeps better time than an automatic, but you loose the history of a watch. Quartz and automatic watches are completely different. I had a quartz J12 and loved it. If it's going on looks, I would say it's preference, but that Rolex are far superior watches.