Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

Diamond markets, automatic :smile:
1000% agree. Automatic watches are a hallmark of great craftsmanship. Even watch snobs approve of the 12.1 calibre.
I got diamonds, because why the hell not. I promise you will not regret it, though I do understand that some people like having numerals for practical reasons, which absolutely makes sense.

Dude here, and I love the J12 for its sleek yet visually striking design.

I got mine before the price increase and have been wearing it religiously. It is an incredible timepiece for the following reasons:

-As others mentioned, it takes a beating. The ceramic they use is 8 times stronger than stainless steel and doesn't ever scratch or lose its luster. Incidentally, when the Fashion Advisors first receive their fine jewellery and watch training, their trainer would take a demo watch and bang it ruthlessly against a hard surface just to prove how strong it is.
-Diamonds they use are VVS, color F to G.
-The 12.1 calibre is manufactured exclusively by Kennissi, a joint venture between Chanel and Rolex. Kennissi also makes for Tudor. The movement is COSC-certified just like Rolex.
-The 70-hour reserve until you have to wind again
-The ceramic adapts to the temperature of your skin and is hypoallergenic, making it extremely comfortable to wear.

Overall it's just a carefree watch, very easy to clean, and attracts attention whenever and wherever I take him. Here he is on public transit with me.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-05-16 à 09.53.16.png

Dude here, and I love the J12 for its sleek yet visually striking design.

I got mine before the price increase and have been wearing it religiously. It is an incredible timepiece for the following reasons:

-As others mentioned, it takes a beating. The ceramic they use is 8 times stronger than stainless steel and doesn't ever scratch or lose its luster. Incidentally, when the Fashion Advisors first receive their fine jewellery and watch training, their trainer would take a demo watch and bang it ruthlessly against a hard surface just to prove how strong it is.
-Diamonds they use are VVS, color F to G.
-The 12.1 calibre is manufactured exclusively by Kennissi, a joint venture between Chanel and Rolex. Kennissi also makes for Tudor. The movement is COSC-certified just like Rolex.
-The 70-hour reserve until you have to wind again
-The ceramic adapts to the temperature of your skin and is hypoallergenic, making it extremely comfortable to wear.

Overall it's just a carefree watch, very easy to clean, and attracts attention whenever and wherever I take him. Here he is on public transit with me.

View attachment 5783629
What an informative post! Thank you for this data - I never knew the actual manufacturer and I own the 38 automatic with diamonds markers! Your watch is GORGEOUS!!!
Ps: love your moniker!

I love my white 38mm with diamond markers so much so that I am planning on purchasing another one in black. I wear my J12 much more than my Rolex. It’s durable and I think a fabulous looking watch. I am debating between the diamond bezel and diamond markers. What are your thoughts on wearing the diamond bezel daily. I don’t have any other watches with a diamond bezel but also don’t want it to be too much in your face although I am totally smitten by this version. Which do you prefer?

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 48
I’ll have to look to see how many times this is bumped up and I say it’s still on my list lol

It’s still on my list!
I saw the white now comes with gold instead of silver and hope I have it soon. It’s a beautiful classic watch imo.
DH tried convincing me to get the white Hublot which is likely double, I tried it on and it’s not nearly as pretty to me.

Diamond bezel is too much for me daily, personally.

I’ll have to look to see how many times this is bumped up and I say it’s still on my list lol

It’s still on my list!
I saw the white now comes with gold instead of silver and hope I have it soon. It’s a beautiful classic watch imo.
DH tried convincing me to get the white Hublot which is likely double, I tried it on and it’s not nearly as pretty to me.

Swanky I saw the black and gold as well. It is beautiful but it’s almost the price of the diamond bezel one so decided to go for the diamond bezel version. Agree it’s likely too much for everyday but it’s gorgeous. Here is pic of the black and gold for reference

Attachments

• IMG_2932.jpeg
    IMG_2932.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 56
I love my white 38mm with diamond markers so much so that I am planning on purchasing another one in black. I wear my J12 much more than my Rolex. It’s durable and I think a fabulous looking watch. I am debating between the diamond bezel and diamond markers. What are your thoughts on wearing the diamond bezel daily. I don’t have any other watches with a diamond bezel but also don’t want it to be too much in your face although I am totally smitten by this version. Which do you prefer?
Diamond bezel of course! I have white and will be getting black at some point! It’s timeless.

Reactions: Sharifshopping

It’s still on my list!

As I was reading this thread, I opened up another window to check out the white J12s. WANT! Now, I think I like them even better than the black ones I have always longed for. I need more days of the week to wear all of these watches.

I love the diamond bezel. I have the white with the pink sapphires & I wear it as often as I can but more so in summer since it's white

Reactions: jooon

It’s still on my list!

Ohh, I had no idea *runs on website to check it out*. I also love the one with the stars.

eta: the black is also available with gold

I wish the starry one came in white!

I think the gold priced itself much closer to Hublot unfortunately, crazy price difference from silver to yellow!
Yeah the price difference is crazy. :noworry: I will say I like it with gold but don't necessarily love. The starry one remains my favorite so far. Also liked the shiny chromatic one they did years ago.

Reactions: Goodcat1