Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

I love my white 38mm with diamond markers so much so that I am planning on purchasing another one in black. I wear my J12 much more than my Rolex. It’s durable and I think a fabulous looking watch. I am debating between the diamond bezel and diamond markers. What are your thoughts on wearing the diamond bezel daily. I don’t have any other watches with a diamond bezel but also don’t want it to be too much in your face although I am totally smitten by this version. Which do you prefer?
Honestly, if you love the diamond bezel, get it and enjoy it every day. In fact, I think there's something cool about a casual outfit with a super bling-ed up watch! Get it if you love it. Life's too short not to enjoy it to the fullest I say! (or... if you think the 38mm diamond bezel is too loud, what about a 33mm or 29mm version with the diamond bezel??).

Swanky I saw the black and gold as well. It is beautiful but it’s almost the price of the diamond bezel one so decided to go for the diamond bezel version. Agree it’s likely too much for everyday but it’s gorgeous. Here is pic of the black and gold for reference
WOW. This black and gold one is perfection!

I love the diamond bezel. I have the white with the pink sapphires & I wear it as often as I can but more so in summer since it's white
Yours sounds lovely! Pls share a pic if/when it's convenient! Would love to see this variation.

But to answer the original question (that was asked in 2017!), no, I don't think the J12 is past its prime. I still see it on wrists when I'm out and about and I notice that people are still buying them on the resale market. I'm probably biased, saying all this, because I bought my first J12 this year. I'm from the 80's Mickey Mouse Club generation and this just reminded me of my old Mickey Mouse watch with the moving hands. I had to get it!

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 10.01.56 PM.jpeg

I think it is still relevant and quite beautiful.I bought one recently and it is great. I got the black 38mm with numerals. I read that the design was redone and debuted in 2019. I love the typeface of the white numerals and the second hand wand. It is a beautiful watch and easy to wear. I was torn between the classic and the diamond markers and the diamond bezel but I decided I loved the numerals the way they look on the watch. I am considering a white J12 one day and maybe that would have diamond markers or bezel. I also have a Cartier and Rolex and have been wearing this all the time. I have to admit when I tried the ones with diamonds I was torn.

I think it is still relevant and quite beautiful.I bought one recently and it is great. I got the black 38mm with numerals. I read that the design was redone and debuted in 2019. I love the typeface of the white numerals and the second hand wand. It is a beautiful watch and easy to wear. I was torn between the classic and the diamond markers and the diamond bezel but I decided I loved the numerals the way they look on the watch. I am considering a white J12 one day and maybe that would have diamond markers or bezel. I also have a Cartier and Rolex and have been wearing this all the time. I have to admit when I tried the ones with diamonds I was torn.
I bought the classic 38mm white numeric automatic since 2010, still loving it!

Reactions: CoastalCouture
Honestly, if you love the diamond bezel, get it and enjoy it every day. In fact, I think there's something cool about a casual outfit with a super bling-ed up watch! Get it if you love it. Life's too short not to enjoy it to the fullest I say! (or... if you think the 38mm diamond bezel is too loud, what about a 33mm or 29mm version with the diamond bezel??).

Yours sounds lovely! Pls share a pic if/when it's convenient! Would love to see this variation.

But to answer the original question (that was asked in 2017!), no, I don't think the J12 is past its prime. I still see it on wrists when I'm out and about and I notice that people are still buying them on the resale market. I'm probably biased, saying all this, because I bought my first J12 this year. I'm from the 80's Mickey Mouse Club generation and this just reminded me of my old Mickey Mouse watch with the moving hands. I had to get it!

View attachment 5907157
thx love yours too! Here's mine that I got on the pre loved market since no longer available: 1702663742335.jpeg

View attachment 5907157
This looks so cute!

I don't think it's going out at all given they just upgraded the movement and the entire line a couple of years ago! Also I think I heard the head of the watch dept say something like the J12 makes up the majority of Chanel's watch sales. I'm looking to get one now - just can't decide, white or black? I am leaning towards black because I think it's more versatile and can be dressed up or down, and I wonder if white really works on me only when i'm tan in the summer? But both are so beautiful and unique! And i'm usually a Rolex gal! It'll be a diverse add to my watch collection.

Reactions: Sharifshopping