Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

I don't think it's going out at all given they just upgraded the movement and the entire line a couple of years ago! Also I think I heard the head of the watch dept say something like the J12 makes up the majority of Chanel's watch sales. I'm looking to get one now - just can't decide, white or black? I am leaning towards black because I think it's more versatile and can be dressed up or down, and I wonder if white really works on me only when i'm tan in the summer? But both are so beautiful and unique! And i'm usually a Rolex gal! It'll be a diverse add to my watch collection.

J12s are the only watches i wear these days.. for the last 2 yrs? And i am not a watch gal.

I have the white phantom 33mm and black 38mm with diamond markers and i am happy and contented. I think rolex is a better "investment" piece but i would never wear it as its too flashy and i dont like the aesthetic.

Ceramic watch all the way ♡ for me

Reactions: Monaliceke
I totally agree with @sassification
I’ve sold my rolex after 27 years and got my money back, indeed a very good investment.

As for my J12, I have the basic white 38mm ceramic from 2010. Had been wearing it for the first 5 years, almost daily, but switched out to other watches and only worn it occasionally. I’m not getting rid of it for sure because it’s the most special piece in my collection.

I’m just wondering if I needed to send it for service? I remember reading it somewhere that automatic watches do not require servicing (if not worn frequently) unless there’s humidity inside or if it doesn’t keep time accurately. Any suggestions?

Reactions: sassification
I totally agree with @sassification
I’ve sold my rolex after 27 years and got my money back, indeed a very good investment.

As for my J12, I have the basic white 38mm ceramic from 2010. Had been wearing it for the first 5 years, almost daily, but switched out to other watches and only worn it occasionally. I’m not getting rid of it for sure because it’s the most special piece in my collection.

I’m just wondering if I needed to send it for service? I remember reading it somewhere that automatic watches do not require servicing (if not worn frequently) unless there’s humidity inside or if it doesn’t keep time accurately. Any suggestions?

The SAs wld say to send for servicing every2 to 4 yrs? I havent had mine for that long.. only 2 yrs. I would consider sending it in for a check or clean at 4 or 5 yr mark personally. Assuming it works fine until then !

Reactions: Monaliceke
The SAs wld say to send for servicing every2 to 4 yrs? I havent had mine for that long.. only 2 yrs. I would consider sending it in for a check or clean at 4 or 5 yr mark personally. Assuming it works fine until then !

I just remember, the Chanel SA told me (at the time of purchase) that servicing every 10 years is recommended, unless something goes wrong anytime sooner. Btw, I bought mine directly from Chanel store in Brussels. I guess I should bring it back for a check soon. Thanks!

J12s are the only watches i wear these days.. for the last 2 yrs? And i am not a watch gal.

I have the white phantom 33mm and black 38mm with diamond markers and i am happy and contented. I think rolex is a better "investment" piece but i would never wear it as its too flashy and i dont like the aesthetic.

Ceramic watch all the way ♡ for me
may I ask you if in the your phantom version, the word CHANEL is in which colour?

I think J12 is a stable in a woman’s watch collection. It’s a Chanel classic at this point and it’s not going to go away…I love my black J12 365. I wear it a lot more than my Rolex.

Attachments

• E7872ABF-17FC-46B7-BD60-826FA6310014.jpeg
    E7872ABF-17FC-46B7-BD60-826FA6310014.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 35
  • D36D566F-BEF5-42EA-945D-6F45E3C9B1AC.jpeg
    D36D566F-BEF5-42EA-945D-6F45E3C9B1AC.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 05289070-CA03-4B3F-880A-D87FDB87AC7C.jpeg
    05289070-CA03-4B3F-880A-D87FDB87AC7C.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 34
If you love it, buy it. Who cares whether it's this season's "in" watch or not? Life is too short to worry about wearing something because it's on trend. Buy what makes you happy.
100%

Yes, I love it .

And, yes, it dates back.

If you are the type of person who can wear this, it can be very edgy and cool.
(Though someone truly edgy and cool would probably not use these words to describe it lol)