Home & Garden/DIY Subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlett,
I have bamboo floors throughout my home in Florida.
If you have never had experience with them before,you might be surprised.

I would never choose bamboo again! I love the idea of it,and the look of it;I just don't like the reality of living with it.
It is very prone to dings,and dents. If you drop something on it and it chips or dents,it is hard to fix or disguise.
It is not as forgiving as hardwood.
I chose a high quality(BamStar) custom whitewash, with an aluminum oxzide finish. From a distance they look great;but look a little closer?
I don't have a close picture to show you;but this may give you an idea that I didn't just choose some inexpensive flooring!

Attachments

• hermes cashmere throw.jpg
    hermes cashmere throw.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 66
I'm all for it as well!

As for crafts, heck yeah! I know how to do almost all of them... except tatting and scrapebooking, but I am never to old to learn! ;)

Scarlett,
I have bamboo floors throughout my home in Florida.
If you have never had experience with them before,you might be surprised.

I would never choose bamboo again! I love the idea of it,and the look of it;I just don't like the reality of living with it.
It is very prone to dings,and dents. If you drop something on it and it chips or dents,it is hard to fix or disguise.
It is not as forgiving as hardwood.
I chose a high quality(BamStar) custom whitewash, with an aluminum oxzide finish. From a distance they look great;but look a little closer?
I don't have a close picture to show you;but this may give you an idea that I didn't just choose some inexpensive flooring!
Oh wow. I had no idea they were like that! Thankfully we are only getting them in the living room and hallway. Another plus is we won't be in this house much longer. We are looking to sell sometime next summer.

Great idea! Gardening would be great and resources for old house parts all over the world...oooh, I can see it now. :yahoo:

And scrapbooking! Geez, it's all buried under mounds of stuff from when we moved here...five years ago!:lol:

I think this is a great idea- I found this thread because I was looking for my gardening thread from last week to brag about (embarass myself??) all the seeds I just bought.

Love the idea...will Home and Gardening also pertain to real estate issues, too? I know some people have already posted about, for example, first time home buying in the Money Talks forum. I think it'd be great if we could post threads concerning housing concerns (HOA, Melaroos, favorite suburbs in a given city) in addition to decorative ideas.

Also, I am such a big CRAFTS person...lol, maybe we could have yet even another forum for crafts such as scrapping (yay), sewing, clothing design, jewelry-making, pottery, painting and drawing!

Gotta love tPF. Megs and Vlad, thanks for continuing to build such a wonderful community! It really is like a second home to me.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.