Holy Bra Fitting shocker

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
OK, so I was a 36C forever. Then I had a baby, lost the weight, gained some weight, lost most of that weight, back to about where I was, plus about 5 -10 lb. My old bras didn't fit, so I bought 36Ds to replace. Those really didn't fit right either. They were gaping a lot at the top, and just didn't look right.

So, I finally went for a bra fitting at Nordies last Friday. I can't tell you how shocked I was. She put me in a 34DDD, and it fits PERFECTLY. I am so glad I went, and I didn't even realize about the anniversary sale. I bought 4 bras that were in the $70 range for $40 ish each.

I feel like one of those "What Not to Wear" women running around for years in the wrong bra!

I finally feel NORMAL in a bra!!! :yahoo:

Dont feel bad at all. My situation was about the same as yours, I thought I wore a 36C, went to Nordies and found out I wear a 36G!!!!! Could not believe it but it fit. It was a shocker at first but I got over it.

I had a moment like that when I was 18 . . . I'd been blithely wearing a 34A since age 16, until I finally got myself into a decent lingerie shop, where the very kind proprietress informed me that I was 2 or 3 cup sizes and a band size off (>(oo)<)`

I think that a lot of women wear an incorrect bra size. However, every bra is different, so even the same size in a different style can offer a completely different fit. I can wear anywhere between a 32/34C-32DD depending on the bra. I don't think that there really is a "true" bra size for any one of us because of the ways in which bras are designed and manufactured.

I used to wear a 34B/C but now wear a 32D after having a professional fitting. I don't have super large breasts, so I never even considered trying on a D cup before that.

when I was 17, I had been wearing 34D, my mother decided to take me to nordies, turns out I was a 32DD, which then turned into a DDD/F thanks to my summer growths. I've decided that until I'm about 20 I'll get fitted once summer is over since I've seemed to grow a cup size once school starts back up.

haha, it's *so* true that women do not wear the right size bra. i used to think i was a 32aa, but i'm actually a 32c!!! and i thought i was flat... everyone around me just has wrong size bras. i know someone who claims to be a b or c but their boobs are like twice the size of mine... but they don't take my advice to try on every single bra and pick what fits the whole boob. oh well! i tried.

It's amazing how much a correctly sized bra & a style that works with your shape can do! I work at a plus size clothing chain and SO MANY WOMEN come in wearing bras that are totally the wrong shape/wrong size for them. We measure them, find them bras (although it's pretty stupid that as a store that goes up to women's plus size 32, we only sell up to DDD cups), and send them into the fitting rooms to try on the bras along with a well-fitting shirt. You can see these women just light up when they look in the mirror.

It's amazing how much a correctly sized bra & a style that works with your shape can do! I work at a plus size clothing chain and SO MANY WOMEN come in wearing bras that are totally the wrong shape/wrong size for them. We measure them, find them bras (although it's pretty stupid that as a store that goes up to women's plus size 32, we only sell up to DDD cups), and send them into the fitting rooms to try on the bras along with a well-fitting shirt. You can see these women just light up when they look in the mirror.

it's women who think wearing a smaller size means they are a smaller. i have a friend who has been losing weight get excited that she can now fit in a 34b. i have to tell her, yes, she is losing weight but not in the boobs yet. but as i mentioned in my reply above ^ she doesn't believe me when i say she should try a bigger cup size!

This is awesome; I went into that "secret" store about a week or two ago and nothing fit... I've always bought a particular size but the one I needed (small band, decent size cup) isn't one they had in store. SOoooo I got one online. Too small.

Went to Nordies and got fitted. Low and behold I am a 32D. This whole time I've been awkwardly wearing 34Bs. hah.

I love Nordstrom. I do, I do.