Holy Bra Fitting shocker

One of the specialty stores I went to recommend that your bra should leave marks with the first few wears before you actually "break them in" so to speak. Like popper mentioned an extender should help but they shouldn't be that tight to start with.

I've heard this too. Now that I am in the correct size, the area where the hooks are get stretched out. When I was wearing a band size too big, the bras never got stretched out cuz they were too big.

I'm glad and came back and read this about the bands. One of the bras I got was a Le Mystere, and it was a little uncomfortable compared to the others, but based on this, I'll give it time to break in.

I wore a 36B until I was measured, and it was discovered I was a 36FF. I was so embarrassed. I always felt like my bra was too small and when I went to department stores, NOTHING ever fit right, even when I'd go up a size, so I would put on jogging bras. I probably looked a hot mess walking around with my boobs spilling out of the cups.

i remember i thought i was a uncomfortable 36d until i went to nordstroms and got sized at a 34dd!! what a glory! i thought the bands were supposed to be on the tightest hook.

now i try to get my mom to wear a proper size but she is in denial. to her, she has been a size 36D despite all her weight gains and weight losses and pregnancys. the other week, she tried on a D and didn't fill in the cups. i told her she needed a C and she refused to try one on. She even bought a 36DD bra cause she liked the "look" the size gave her.

I went in and had a fitting at Nordies last year. I was wearing 36C's...well of course they told me I should be in a 32DD. I bought 2 expensive bras in that size and they were so tight as to be uncomfortable and ...so I took them both back and told them there was no way I could wear this size for more than 30 minutes or so. Sometimes I think they just want to tell you that you are wearing the wrong size so they can sell you more bras...and they brought in the high priced bras for me to try.

I just had mine checked today .. for the first time in YEARS! OMG :nuts: I swear I have the biggest bazongas in the whole of TPF :shame: I was wearing an F cup but Im actually an H!! :nuts:

A family of 4 could happily go camping in my new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders!! :lolots:

When I finally got sized after god knows how many years of wearing the wrong bra (34 B, 34 C) I found I was a 32D. It makes such a difference when you're wearing the right size. No more quadraboob, for one!

Has anyone tried Fredericks of Hollywood bras? I kind of like them and I might buy my first this week after one of my favorite nude natoris self-destructed (I finally wore the wires out of the cups...) plus they have a lot of "pretty" bras in my size under $40

Dillards has a great staff of women who will get you into the right size, style and color you want and need. If it isn't on the racks out front, they will tear through the stockroom. If they can't find one there, they will have it shipped to your home.
These ladies will stand on their heads to help a customer. I love them.
Check out Lane Bryant too if you fit into their sizing range. Very helpful SA's.
I know that not everyone lives near a Nordstrom, but they can't be beat either.

I used to wear a 36A, but after my fitting they gave me a 34B, and told me that the strap around your torso should be as tight as possible. But now I have chunks of flab below the strap - yucky!

Seems like we all tend to go for a looser fit around the torso and smaller cups when it should be the opposite.