Highlights from Paris & Giverny

Oh, Orchids, I have enjoyed this thread so very much, all your lovely photos and tales. I started drooling over the blue Giverney scarf, and then the drooling intensified when I saw the turquoise Vol Amoreux (absolutely must try and find that beauty), but then to see your beautiful new black box Kelly! :drool: I didn't have enough tissues handy. What a finale!!!! Congratulations on a wonderful trip and the absolutely PERFECT souvenier.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip! I just love reading these stories. I am dying to get to Paris soon. And your box kelly is amazing!!! Did you find it on your first visit to H?

What a wonderfully enchanting tour of Paris, orchids!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your time there with us! And congratulations on all those GORGEOUS souvenirs!! LOVE the mousselines and the kelly! This thread is eye candy galore. :smile:

Thank you so much for the kind words and lovely welcome back everyone! I had a little TPF withdrawal being gone for a week and missed you all! :yes:

lulilu-yup, Kelly was there on the first day. They also had a few with gold hardware as well.

PazT-hi mama! just a few more weeks right? can't wait! i'll see if i can dig up some more pictures here in a bit

princessfrog--glad you loved the duck photo; that was one of my favorite memories of Paris. Even the Louvre and the surrounding structures couldn't compete with mother nature!

WN--thanks for all your superb tips! I will have to PM you later!

PGN
--yes indeed those are the famed macarons of Laduree! after seeing all those lovely pictures 24 had I had to try them for myself. Just wish I had time to also hit Pierre Herme to try theirs as well.

Tods-you are such a mousseline enabler! If it weren't for all your gorgeous modeling pictures I wouldn't have thought to try out the mousselines!

HG-LOL! Ah, black box--resistance is futile eh?

SMC--if your parents loved Taillevent, they must try Pierre Gagnaire on their next visit; they will love it.

Orchids what a beautiful trip and such a lovely way of telling it. Your Kelly is magnificent. Congratulations and what a lovely experience to share with yur mother.

I :heart: La Tour d'Argent too. I just wonder if that Momma Duck was waddling her babies far, far away from there ;)

Some more photos:

The view from atop Notre Dame

A look at the 24 FSH rooftop; you can see a part of the Hermes signage--looks like it's been there awhile.

The inspiration behind Monet's water lilies

Btw, if anyone is interested in Japanese wood block prints, they should definitely visit Monet's home at Giverny. He was an avid collector of Japanese wood block prints and has an extensive collection of Hokusai and Hiroshige that are hanging on the walls in the home. There is also a tiny museum in Giverny that shows American impressionist work as well-Musée d’Art Américain Giverny, just a short walk down from Monet's home.

Attachments

• CIMG3009.jpg
    CIMG3009.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 41
  • CIMG3072.jpg
    CIMG3072.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG3137.jpg
    CIMG3137.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG3141.jpg
    CIMG3141.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 31
thank you so much for sharing paris with us. i love the picture of the mother duck with her ducklings. makes me all sentimental since i now have a baby. of course, love your black box kelly. what a classic! enjoy and congrats!

:drinkup: Orchids, thank you for your wonderful report & pics. I can't believe I've been to Paris twice in the last 6 mths & I'm now wistfully dreaming of another trip, LOL. It really made my day that my trip report was helpful to you. :flowers: And you sure did pick the ULTIMATE H bag as a Paris souvenir. CONGRATULATIONS!!