HH Hotties NON-HH purchases!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Sephora suggetions hotties.

I got the NARS lipstick and Make Up Forever #44 which is gorgeous brownish red. Now that I've spent my card I can go back to being oblivious to makeup. That Sephora is dead to me now. They were so unhelpful - they wouldn't make a tester or let me look at the color of the NARS. I tried looking at make up at Macys too. I tried a red at Lancome and when I asked for something darker and less orange the lady told me I couldn't wear a darker color without wearing other make up. That lipstick - the lancome rouge absolu felt icky anyway. This is why I hate shopping for makeup.

Last edited:
ooh thanks cho! will have to get some! i love u hhhotties with all your quick helps! :hugs:

wow jenni that bag makes me wanna bust out a martini. :biggrin: love it! what style is that? i'm still trying to decide on which style I want for my 40th bday bag. i was looking at Firsts, but i think the Day bag might be more my style?

Thanks for the Sephora suggetions hotties.

I got the NARS lipstick and Make Up Forever #44 which is gorgeous brownish red. Now that I've spent my card I can go back to being oblivious to makeup. That Sephora is dead to me now. They were so unhelpful - they wouldn't make a tester or let me look at the color of the NARS. I tried looking at make up at Macys too. I tried a red at Lancome and when I asked for something darker and less orange the lady told me I couldn't wear a darker color without wearing other make up. That lipstick - the lancome rouge absolu felt icky anyway. This is why I hate shopping for makeup.

That is horrible! Sephora can be a great place for tons of free samples and advice. I guess it depends on what salesgirl you get. That sucks MB. I usually LOVE Sephora.

Nikki - thanks for the kerastase recommendations. I'm going to hunt to see where I can get it in Vancouver.

Jenni - that bag is TDF!!! I love it.

Jan - those bals sound like a great price. Pray tell - what is the big purchase you are saving up for??

I got the NARS lipstick and Make Up Forever #44 which is gorgeous brownish red. Now that I've spent my card I can go back to being oblivious to makeup. That Sephora is dead to me now. They were so unhelpful - they wouldn't make a tester or let me look at the color of the NARS.

oh MB i'm so sorry you had a bad experience at sephora. i know what u mean... i have terrible experiences at my sephora. they're so mean and cold at my local sephora. i even totally avoid them unless they have something i HAVE to have. I have had wonderful experiences at the sephoras inside JCPenney's. They have some really cool male cosmetics people (not sure if i should call them beauticians??) who are so fun and helpful. I drive 20-30min just to go shop there cuz they are so attentive to me and my needs. They don't have the whole lines as the bigger sephoras but I don't care... they get my business more. They take all the gc's and coupons as Sephora, they just don't have everything.

MB if you want a cheap lipstick option, try the Burts Bees Shimmer Stick in Raisin. It's got a blue tone to it instead of orangey. I love it! It has a nice mint flavor so it actually makes my breath smell better too. My DD loves mint, and she makes me breathe on her after I put the shimmer stick on. lol

oh... booo.... Seche Vita has toluene. :sad: it's supposedly an insignificant amt, but i'm trying to be conscious about not using stuff with it and the other 2. Sometimes I don't realize what I'm doing and chew on my nailpolish. That's one thing I liked about that Wet n Wild one is that it was just an oily substance you put on top of your coat, and u can wipe or wash it off.

good blog post about seche vita: http://claresauntie.typepad.com/beauty_school/2010/02/on-seche-vite.html

mib - i have the Burts Bees in fig. I'll check out raisin the next time I'm at Whole Foods. I like that it feels good on too.

I asked the one friend I have who buys a lot of make up where her favorite Sephora is and she goes to one ways south of here - like San Jose or somewhere. Fortunately I don't buy a lot. I finally found a matching foundation and I have brushes I like so I should be good for awhile. Next time I should also hit the MAC counter - they have a lot of colors and their people are usually really good.

nikki - i wish you were nearby. i still haven't found regular stylist.

Jan - i can't wait to see the boots! :smile:

Congrats, Jenni. I have a day and it is so comfy and light and it holds a ton. You will love it.

i love sephora too. I spend too much there. Love the two faced, laura mercier, boscia, peter thomas roth and lorac lines. I haven't founf my nars HG. I will have to look.

I agree that the jc penney sephora people are nicer. Probably because they get like a quarter of the customers of a regular sephora. At least here, anyway. They have lots of time to spend with you.

I was browsing the nordstrom sale site and I ended up buying these snakeskin satchels (by Pure). The merlot was 50% off and the mineral was only 33% off, but it looked so pretty...so I ended up buying both. I think I will give my mom the merlot for her birthday, since I already planned on giving her the HH magic dot lily for mother's day! I don't know if snakeskin is considered exotic(?) but I am psyched about being able to give her something different.

OU2ALl.jpg

^ What a fantastic find, Lurkingsmurk!! This bag is gorgeous, and what a fantastic price! I don't know which came first, but it looks almost identical to RM's Covet! The differences are obvious (type of leather and chain strap) but from a design point of view they are the same aesthetic. :nuts:

Your mom will be thrilled with both bags that you are giving her. What a thoughtful daughter you are! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.