HH Fans - New Terms and Conditions Listed on their website? PLEEZE Look!

^^purseinsanity, I definitely don't think you should be affected by the (confusing!) new terms and conditions - especially since your transaction took place way before they started posting their policies. By definition, I think "restocking" means someone has to physically handle your return, and seeing as none was done, you shouldn't be charged, IMHO.

Re. the "is due to be shipped" nomenclature? I can tell you that when I worked for a manufacturer, it meant that they anticipated someone would be at the warehouse processing and shipping your order on that day, because we were not staffed to have someone there full-time. In our case, if we were backlogged with a ton of orders, processing credits and returns (very tedious), restocking and recounting returned inventory, there was a very good chance that the "due to be shipped" date was not met.

Maybe they mean orders that have been shipped out and then returned are subject to the 20% restocking fee. This would make a lot more sense as they WOULD be restocking the item and completing additional paperwork for it.
Regardless, I don't like the feeling that I am being "trapped" into something and despite the fact that I love their bags, I would have to think twice about ordering if I feel like it's going to end up being a hassle.

This would make more sense to have a restocking fee for returns rather than just cancelled orders. I certainly won't be happy if that's the case. Although I try to be careful about returns, it really is hard to tell how a bag will "fit" especially when it's a style you haven't seen IRL. And I understand they've really been hurt by returns but 20% is a lot.

Just spoke w/ someone @ HH. She said that the 20% restock fee applies only if you cancel the bag once it is ready to ship. If you receive a bag and want to return it within the return period, then they will fully refund your money, minus the shipping charges.
Apparently customers were cancelling as packages were ready to ship and this was causing real problems.

Thanks for clarifying that, it's good to know. It sounds like if you change your mind about an order after shipping process has started (whatever that means exactly) it makes more sense for the customer to let the order go through and then return it.

Yes, but you will have to pay shipping both ways. Also, your CC wil be charged and you'll have to wait to receive the credit on your CC. If you pay your balance every month (as I like to do), then if it extends over into the next billing cycle then you basically have to wait.

However, as they said to me, they are not a huge company and cannot absorb costs the way a Nordstrom or Zappos can. ( I am paraphrasing)

I just dont get it, Dont they realize that they are sabatoging their pricing in the marketplace by selling their bags so cheap on their own website? This is why lots of good retailers, ie anthropologie, are dropping them from their line. I would like to know how many of you actually pay full price (or close to it) for HH bags, knowing that you can get one for 50-75% off on their website if you wait a bit. As for the policies, I think they are ridiculous. In their store, final sale is one thing, when you can see the bag before you buy it, but on the web how can anyone be expected to buy a bag sight unseen thats final sale?

Yes, they might be shooting themselves in the foot, but they're also protecting themselves from habitual "try-and-return" customers. That makes sense. However, I don't think I'd buy anything that was listed as "final sale" just because I've heard they sometimes send out bags that have been beaten up a bit. What would your recourse be in that case? Is it an "as is" type thing? At any rate, I'm kind of annoyed with the ridiculous amount of time it took them to ship out my bags. Almost three weeks! Meanwhile, they billed my credit card immediately! I don't think that was cool at all. I'm paying interest for something I never even received until yesterday.

Jade- 3 weeks to ship??? Thats absurd. What do they do, make the bags to order? Im sorry but "growing pains" just doesnt cut it. These people need to get their #@$ together if they want to have a future. Frankly, Im shocked that you all cut them so much slack!

If you sell online, you have to expect "try and return" customers. There's nothing you can do to stop them. I once got excited about a big sale on my website- 11 bags to one client- and all 11 came back 3 weeks later. It's annoying, and it costs you money, but that's just part of doing business! If you start implementing strict return policies and restocking fees to lessen the bite of cancellations/returns, it costs you more in lost sales. Dumb! They'll learn.

:tdown:

Hmm, I can understand tightening up the language around order confirmation and cancellation. But like other said with damaged goods/75% off, there should be room to return if the item is damaged and not advertised as so. The restocking is somewhat understandable, but still seems a little steep. I think they need to clarify the language re: restocking and returns and detail that in the return section as well.

At any rate, I'm kind of annoyed with the ridiculous amount of time it took them to ship out my bags. Almost three weeks! Meanwhile, they billed my credit card immediately! I don't think that was cool at all. I'm paying interest for something I never even received until yesterday.

Same boat here. I ordered on Aug. 2nd and still have not received my bags. That makes me a little peeved about all the new "rules" too. So, yep, paying interest on a bag I do not have. :rolleyes:

I have to reread the new conditions again, but I still think they are responding to all the recent events- the computer glitches- people returning bags and then HH offering a different color bag that was NOT on sale but the customers were still given the discount.....

They are probably covering their butts with all these new rules.

It's been a while now, but I recall when I ordered my Balenciaga Black Day from aloharag, they had a restocking fee as well. I don't really remember the exact details of the fee though.

Many online sites have the "final sale" policy. There was a recent thread in the Deals and Steals when Gerard Darel bags were on sale- I forget where- shoprumor or shopbop??? Anyway, when the pf members received their bags, they did not like them but were not allowed to return them as they were final sale (and the pfers didn't realize they were final sale).

When most online sites offer huge discounts and say "Final Sale" or "As Is", that is always a red flag to me, as I suspect the bags may be damaged.

However, I don't think I'd buy anything that was listed as "final sale" just because I've heard they sometimes send out bags that have been beaten up a bit. What would your recourse be in that case? Is it an "as is" type thing? At any rate, I'm kind of annoyed with the ridiculous amount of time it took them to ship out my bags. Almost three weeks! Meanwhile, they billed my credit card immediately! I don't think that was cool at all. I'm paying interest for something I never even received until yesterday.

Unless it specifically states "as is" in the item description or identifies specific damage, I expect the item to be in new condition. I don't care if it is 10% off or 75% off. The retailer is obligated to disclose damages and then I can decide if I want to take that chance or not. A customer cannot see the bag therefore, it is the retailer's responsibility to make them aware if they are purchasing a less than perfect piece of merchandise. Just because it is on sale doesn't mean that it should be damaged. Personally, I don't care if it costs $10, $100 or $500. If it is damaged, I don't want it. I see it as a waste of my money and they need to inform me of damage so I can make my decision. Many, many retailers discount their bags at 50-75% off at the end of the season. Why would I think I was getting a sample, a second or a damaged good just because it was on sale? I would automatically assume it is perfect merchandise that they are deeply discounting simply to make room for newer stock.
As for the "shipping process" I am STILL waiting for my bag from the sale. However, their "shipping process" began almost a month ago when I got their email.
The restocking fee is just ridiculous. I expect they will lose a lot of international customers. I won't be ordering again. Why do I have to let the bag come all the way here, pay shipping both ways (which is almost $30 to Canada and nearly $100 back to the USA) as well as the exorbitant customs fees. Yet, I can't cancel my order if I change my mind the next day. Forget this! It should not be such a hassle to try and give a retailer my business. There are plenty of other designers out there who would love it.
Sorry for my rant. I just had to get it all out!:smile:

ITA with you on everything you say, biggest baglover. And Im sorry but there is NO EXCUSE for taking 2, 3, 4 weeks to ship an order. First of all, keep your database up to date so that you dont sell bags online that you dont have in stock. Secondly, if you cant ship an order for some reason, notify the customer within 24 hours of their order being placed and void out the charge on their card. Third, dont sell online if you cant give it your full attention!

I hope they respond at least.

They did respond, and finally I got some straight answers, and they did something I didn't expect. They said if I would continue to wait for my bag instead of cancelling my order (for which they said they wouldn't charge the restocking fee as my order was placed prior to that policy) they would give me an extra 15% off the purchase price of my bag, even though I used the 15% off code to buy it initially. Now that I am getting better answers about when to expect my bag, and actual responses to my questions I feel a lot better. Their nice offer for more money off is nice too, but was definitely unexpected!