Herve Leger = <3 Part III

Cyndee, it sounds like worst case scenario, u get ur money back which is good!
I am sure the shipping should b ok! Don't worry gals.

I went to the store today to verify sale prices. It is 40-60%... will NOT do 70

:smile: I know I'm banned, but I desperately need a dress for my uni graduation that is coming up in June (I'm graduating with magna cum laude so I feel I should wear smth special ;). I'll be wearing it under a white graduation robe and for photos. Do you ladies think this one is ok for that?

-16.jpg

ETA: I think it's this one: http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4483299&cp=3370525&page=4&parentPage=family
but it looks rather long on the model, the SA told me it is quite short though, I am 5'2 and an xs :smile: input please? I must act fast! TIA :flowers:

Last edited:
I'm looking to get my first Herve Leger dress. Does anyone have the Black Signature Essential Dress, the Strapless Signature Essential Dress, the Crisscross Front Bandage Dress, or the Tank Bandage Dress? What do you guys think of those? Let me know if you need to see pics of them. Or if you have any other suggestions for a first dress. I have a hourglass figure similar to Kim K (without the beautiful boobs unfortunately) so am nervous about picking something. Wanted to check with the experts here ;)

Xlovely,
Congrats!
That one is slightly longer than my red front zip. I don't think that is so short. I mean based on how tall u are, it will still be few inches above your knee, but should be fine. oh, the back is really low on this one....

I'm looking to get my first Herve Leger dress. Does anyone have the Black Signature Essential Dress, the Strapless Signature Essential Dress, the Crisscross Front Bandage Dress, or the Tank Bandage Dress? What do you guys think of those? Let me know if you need to see pics of them. Or if you have any other suggestions for a first dress. I have a hourglass figure similar to Kim K (without the beautiful boobs unfortunately) so am nervous about picking something. Wanted to check with the experts here ;)

I have the Black Signature Essential Dress. No pictures. I got it for Christmas and have barely even had a chance to try it on.
I also have the Essential Tank Dress. It was my first HL and I love it. Is this the one that you were referring to:
IMG_2491.jpg

I would prefer a lighter colour for graduation since it's supposed to be a happy event, but style wise it's quite nice!

Hmm that's true, I look horrible in light colors though :/ Thanks for your input!

Xlovely,
Congrats!
That one is slightly longer than my red front zip. I don't think that is so short. I mean based on how tall u are, it will still be few inches above your knee, but should be fine. oh, the back is really low on this one....

I'm only 5'2, have you tried this one on? I am xxs in HL, and there's only an xs for this, does it run small/TTS/big? Your blog is incredibly fun & helpful btw! :smile:

I've tried them all on... lol! I am VERY thorough when it comes to purchasing. When I buy, I make sure it's my FAVORITES in the store.

It was a very nice edgy dress, more because of its pattern than it's length. I actually like the length, like a conservative mini length on me 5'5". But, the back is kinda low.

It runs tts. good luck :smile:

hey guys, just received a list of the remaining dresses on sale at the SF store. they're currently 40-60% off now and will be gone by next week. pm me if you're interested in seeing what they have left with the prices and sizes.

Just wanted to post that my HL dress from the Atlanta store arrived today to Vancouver safe and sound!!! I'm super happy with it, and can't wait to wear it out. Thanks to everyone who made it happen! ;)

Just wanted to post that my HL dress from the Atlanta store arrived today to Vancouver safe and sound!!! I'm super happy with it, and can't wait to wear it out. Thanks to everyone who made it happen! ;)

Ohhhh congrats! Hey, did you have to pay much for customs/duties? I'm so scared I'll have to pay an additional 30+% on that...

You'll post modelling pics, right right? :biggrin:

Thank you HelloKitty99! My TPF inbox is currently full, but I did receive the email and am deciding if I want to take the plunge to get more HL. Thanks again! :smile:

Chidori, I did have to pay customs. My dress was $219, and I had to pay $34 CDN for duties and customs. They charged me $10 for shipping and I had to pay the sales tax as well (even though we don't have a HL store in Vancouver).

It's still a great deal compared to Holt Renfrew! I went there last weekend and browsed the HL dresses. They had only around 10 available (in random sizes) and they were all full retail priced, the SA said that "Herve Leger NEVER goes on sale". Ooooooookay, I am now officially stalking the US stores for any future HL fix ;)