Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

i am so jealous of everyone who got to go! i totally had my dates mixed up! :mad: my houson SA was there and had a blast! the SM said it was the most successful pop up hermes has had and hermes is considering opening a store in austin! it was a great way to introduce the brand to a new demographic :smile:

I think I met her too and she was super sweet. I hope to visit her one day in Houston H!

And the Les Armes de Paris washed in blue dip dye that I bought for a friend:

View attachment 4005799

I’m so glad you posted this one! I had initially decided on blue because I was a bit scared of violet and fuchsia but I told my friend who took my scarf that I trusted the judgement of herself and the color experts. She texted to say that they suggested pink for me so I went with it. I heard there was a blue one that was similar to mine so I’m glad to see it. The blue is stunning but I think pink was the better choice for my skin tone. Whew!

IMG_1956.jpgIMG_1958.jpgIMG_1948.jpg

I’m so glad you posted this one! I had initially decided on blue because I was a bit scared of violet and fuchsia but I told my friend who took my scarf that I trusted the judgement of herself and the color experts. She texted to say that they suggested pink for me so I went with it. I heard there was a blue one that was similar to mine so I’m glad to see it. The blue is stunning but I think pink was the better choice for my skin tone. Whew!

View attachment 4010384View attachment 4010386View attachment 4010387

Oh, beautiful! Yes, I think the pink wash compliments your skin tone perfectly! Congratulations on your new scarf!

Reactions: LittleMsMelody

Perfect colors for you, well done!

So here are before and after photos of the scarves that were dye washed in the “special” washing machines. Left side is the “before”; right side is the “after”.

View attachment 4009593

I think it’s hard to capture the dip dye color in a photograph; they look richer in person than on my iPhone camera. The Aloha scarf is definitely an improvement for me... I got this scarf in my early 20s before I learned what a color wheel was and the whole spring-autumn versus summer-winter thing. Paperoles is also an improvement for me — it really turned out to be a denim blue like the pink hair lady said it would be and even though it’s not very colorful, I think it will be very easy to wear. I have mixed feelings about how the last scarf turned out...in part probably just because I didn’t have a problem with its original coloration like I did with the others. Like the Aloha scarf, it was washed in fuchsia. The most interesting and unexpected result was how the fuchsia wash ended up making the blue tree branches really pop out of the scarf. They remind me of Bleu Electrique!
They all turned out great! I definitely love the new Aloha! :heart:

I like the update for it! The hems on it are fabulous now in the glowy peach!

Thanks! I was going through my archived photos and found a couple where I’m wearing the old scarves...Makes me laugh because I clearly thought those colors were working for me...

View attachment 4010785

View attachment 4010786

I looks nice there-but I agree- it looks really great now with the updated color!

So here are before and after photos of the scarves that were dye washed in the “special” washing machines. Left side is the “before”; right side is the “after”.

View attachment 4009593

I think it’s hard to capture the dip dye color in a photograph; they look richer in person than on my iPhone camera. The Aloha scarf is definitely an improvement for me... I got this scarf in my early 20s before I learned what a color wheel was and the whole spring-autumn versus summer-winter thing. Paperoles is also an improvement for me — it really turned out to be a denim blue like the pink hair lady said it would be and even though it’s not very colorful, I think it will be very easy to wear. I have mixed feelings about how the last scarf turned out...in part probably just because I didn’t have a problem with its original coloration like I did with the others. Like the Aloha scarf, it was washed in fuchsia. The most interesting and unexpected result was how the fuchsia wash ended up making the blue tree branches really pop out of the scarf. They remind me of Bleu Electrique!
Lala,
These are beautiful!

WOW!!! This scarf is gorgeous on you! I love it!!!

Wow, it’s perfect for you! Congrats!

View attachment 4009593

I particularly love how Paperoles turned out!
(And yes, all mine were returned in paper bags, too.)