Hermes Womens Resort 2019

I have an iPhone XS Max, so I ordered the GM. The measurements are all screwed up on the web shop, but I hope it will be possible to carry it crossbody. It looks like the strap might be long enough. I'd also prefer to carry it with the front towards the body, for a more minimal look, so it'll be interesting to see what the back looks like – exactly how/where is the strap attached, for instance? They are a bit stingy when it comes to product shots, aren't they?View attachment 4413678

GM size can be worn crossbody.

Reactions: Ulf
This is getting confusing.

I saw both photos of GM from H.com. Notice where the straps are attached to the pouch differently?

smartphone-etui-in-the-loop-phone-to-go-gm--077704CA7N-front-1-300-0-1366-1366_b.jpg

smartphone-etui-in-the-loop-phone-to-go-gm--077704CAS3-front-1-300-0-1366-1366_b.jpg

And according to @StaceyLyn and @Purdue1988 who both saw the GM IRL, sounds like there might be 2 different lengths for the straps too?

From my neck, my in-the-loop lands on my stomach too. You don't find something that large (it's 8" x 4.9") hanging straight down on you odd? It's almost like having a mini bag hanging off my neck, albeit a super thin handbag. :lol: It's too short for crossbody wear so I then tried it on my shoulder but it slips off. Everyone's body shapes and tolerances are different but I wonder if it's best worn tied onto a bag like a petit H charm and the like, as the runway pics depict it?

GM size can be worn crossbody.

@Purdue1988 , was the GM you saw have the straps like in the first photo?

It will be interesting if there are 2 different versions of GM!!

Photo credit to Hermes.com

I saw both photos of GM from H.com. Notice where the straps are attached to the pouch differently?

View attachment 4413747

View attachment 4413748

And according to @StaceyLyn and @Purdue1988 who both saw the GM IRL, sounds like there might be 2 different lengths for the straps too?

I tried a GM on yesterday, and it was the one with the little thingy at the end. When it slides towards the pouch, it basically closes off the opening. So if one has to take the phone out, he/ she would have to slide it back towards the other end. But I’m pretty sure it can be taken out completely. HTH!

View attachment 4413747

View attachment 4413748

The one I saw was like the red one with the little sliding loop in the middle. And as Xiaoxiao mentioned, you can slide the loop up to put-in/take-out your phone.

But you are correct that there seems to be two different versions. Per above pictures, the red one has a small hole where the strap is attached. The blue one does not have the hole.

One of the SAs tried it crossbody and it worked.

Reactions: xiaoxiao
This is a snap shot of the photo I saw on one of the threads. Does it look purple? I can’t remember which thread or I’d go back and ask the poster

View attachment 4413741
I can totally see how one could interpret this color as a purple. On my monitor it looks like something in the purple family, like Prune. But I suspect that it's really Rouge H.

Reactions: JadeFor3st
Well, well, well... So I just got my black In-the-loop. The strap goes through a hole at the top, which is not how it was depicted on Hermès' webstore. Back it goes.

View attachment 4413747

View attachment 4413748

Well, well, well... So I just got my black In-the-loop. The strap goes through a hole at the top, which is not how it was depicted on Hermès' webstore. Back it goes.
I suspect the photos of the GM with the straps attached at the sides may have been earlier mock-ups of how Hermes originally planned the carrier to look. But, what they planned and what they actually made appear to be two different things. I've had 2 GM's in my possession in the last week (pics are posted in this thread) and they both have the straps attached at he top, center of the carrier, just as the smaller version does.
As for crossbody wear, it is subjective. It *can* work as a crossbody but not for me. I'm tall and I'm fussy about where crossbody items fall on me (prefer them on the longer side). When worn as a crossbody, I found this GM in-the-loop was difficult to access easily. I had to twist and squirm, then navigate the toggle on the straps to get to my phone.

Yes, I was also surprised, thus the reason I decided to wait.

Thank you, Cavalla, for the measurements. My phone is actually the XS Max, but it seems to still be okay. I’m so relieved! :smile:

Please do post a picture once you receive yours. I’m still contemplating between the Rouge de Coeur, Prune or Blue Encre. I like the white contrast stitching on them.
@Purdue1988, I just got Rouge de Coeur and Bleu Ancre PM’s today. Both are gorgeous colors! Here they are on a Bleu de Galice 35K.

Attachments

• 774DEA30-1206-4226-95F8-DDAD5930F381.jpeg
    774DEA30-1206-4226-95F8-DDAD5930F381.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 341
They are both gorgeous. I love the colors. Congratulations!
Thanks @nicole0612. I LOVE these two colors but they are getting exchanged for GM's. Despite my earlier criticism of the GM, it wins the duel against the PM. The GM is quite large, but it hangs lower (think low stomach/belt buckle) and allows for a greater variety of smart phone sizes. While the look of the smaller PM is great, I found that my iPhone X fit a bit too snuggly for comfort. Either way, these phone carriers offer a lot especially for those of us who rarely wear clothes with pockets. Wow, all that and you didn't even ask a question! ; D