Hermes VS. LV??????

Im an LV fan and I dont think an SA or Fakes should stop you from buying the brand, if they do...then you obviously dont love LV as much as you thought you did.
I do agree with some of the statements, LV is getting to become poorly made but I think that if you find the right item and pick it out yourself, then you can avoid this. Louis Vuitton and Hermes to me are totally different thing, LV is all about the history and I see it as a luxury bag. I do not have a Hermes store near me and the nearest one would probably be the flagship store in Paris because I live that far away from London but I would like to visit it.
IMO its a matter of taste and what bag/brand appeals to you. If you like the bag, then go for it :flowers:

I only have two LVs so far and was about to get a 3rd LV bag until I stumbled upon the Hermes forum here. That changed everything and now I am so focused on Hermes only and saving only for Hermes. Lucky I only have two and haven't started the collection yet so have no intentions of selling them. Like to use LV on a rainy or snowy days compared to my H stuff - only use them on nice days when it is not wet. However, LV luggage are pretty good.

Hey me too! i only have 2 LV bags and was so happy to take it straight to H! well not really straight - got a tod's & Bal in between....

my only complaint (someone will shoot me for this) is that H bags tend to be heavy (for me). So am contemplating on getting an LV Epi Madeleine GM in Ivoire.

Hey me too! i only have 2 LV bags and was so happy to take it straight to H! well not really straight - got a tod's & Bal in between....

my only complaint (someone will shoot me for this) is that H bags tend to be heavy (for me). So am contemplating on getting an LV Epi Madeleine GM in Ivoire.

I have 8 LV bags and 6 small leather goods. Now I am looking at Hermes too. I think LV is getting very street common nowadays.

I am looking at Hermes Birkins (of course), money holder wallet, twilly and scrarves.

However, I really wish to know the durability of Hermes products.

Attached are some pictures of my close to 10 year old birkin.

Nuf said.

Attachments

• ETB_Bk_ClemB_35.jpg
    ETB_Bk_ClemB_35.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 65
  • BBHardware.jpg
    BBHardware.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 62
  • blackbirkie.jpg
    blackbirkie.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 66
I have some LVs and IMHO there is no comparison. Both are nice, but they are very different and say different things. Right now, I am more into Hermes, but my LVs are still happily in my closet.

I know this is a very old thread but I agree with the OP that LV's quality is going down. While I'm blessed to meet nice SAs who made exchanges easy for me, but why should there be an exchange in the first place? I got a speedy 30 with peels on its handles. When I bought my speedy 35, SA took out a few speedy for me to choose. The batch had side tags not aligned center to zipper. Having said that, I love the speedy enough to make a second trip to the store when another batch came in. Quality was better this round and I got one! But I'm think I'm edging towards the Orange side though. Still contemplating my first Orange purchase!

I must say that although I love my Hermes, there's always a special place in my heart for my LVs, especially the ones with sentimental memories behind them. I would not be able to part from them mainly bc of this alone. However, I do find that LV has quite a bit of quality issues and it only seems to get worst. That's really a big turn-off to me. Honestly though, I haven't purchase anything else or LV, since I got hooked on H. The quality on H craftsmanship sold me out.