Hermes Sydney

I am actually flying to london, I will arrive in Australia 5am in th morning I wonder if they work at that time?
Before I flight out I had already stamped my receipt before I checked in
So I left the clutch and some other items to my partner he brought them home
I took my birkin a wallet and the scarf with me
I am now thinking have those items shipped from london to Australia just in case if they stop me in the airport

Would shipping be not safe? I wouldn't risk to ship the b [emoji23] also shipping valuable items to australia will attract gst and duty too

Reactions: aki_sato
the reseller shipped my bags from london to Sydney within 3 days no gst nothing via FedEx
So I don't know if I should do that...
I have a feeling 100%i will be checked :sad:
If via fedex you will have to declare lower value and ensure you include the invoices at that declared value otherwise they will open the package if you dont have the right doc's attached.

I think I have been marked
Did my tax return on Sunday
The officer asked me if I am an Australian resident ( I said no) then she asked me will I be being the goods back to Australia and when do I intend to travel back.
I said to her : I will not bring the goods back and I have no idea when I will be back probably 30 days
She looked at my receipts and pointed out a 4700$ item asked me what that is
I said it is clutch she entered it into the system
She kept reminding me if I bring the goods back to Australia if they check and find out I have the goods I will to pay the gst back and my name will be put down on the system
Does it mean I will get check?
I claimed 2500$
Dear, you becareful, if you bring it back and not declared on the incoming card, not only you pay GST back, they also fine you too. And you have to pay it on the spot to get your good back, the total amount usually more than double the Gst that you claimed.

I am actually flying to london, I will arrive in Australia 5am in th morning I wonder if they work at that time?
Before I flight out I had already stamped my receipt before I checked in
So I left the clutch and some other items to my partner he brought them home
I took my birkin a wallet and the scarf with me
I am now thinking have those items shipped from london to Australia just in case if they stop me in the airport
Yes, they work whenever the flight is landed, you either ship it in, get yr partner to bring it in for you, or declare and pay GST back. If not you will risk fine or may be lucky if they did not mark your passport then you through.
Good luck.

Dear, you becareful, if you bring it back and not declared on the incoming card, not only you pay GST back, they also fine you too. And you have to pay it on the spot to get your good back, the total amount usually more than double the Gst that you claimed.
I won't take anything more than 900$ back
Need to figure out a way to secure my goods without getting into trouble

Yes, they work whenever the flight is landed, you either ship it in, get yr partner to bring it in for you, or declare and pay GST back. If not you will risk fine or may be lucky if they did not mark your passport then you through.
Good luck.
Thank you dear
I don't know if they have mark my passport
I have no way to find out
I have done the gst refund many many times
Normally I will do the QR code and no problem at the gst refund
But this time I forgot to do it
I handed over all the receipts to the officer then she started telling me If I know the consequence also ask my return date which is odd

OMG
I think i need to come up with plan B
This sounds scary
Its not too difficult. Just make an invoice using word doc. i do them for when my relative ships things to me from Italy. I make a gift invoice with lower value. Put the sender details (my relative name and address) and my reciever details (name and address)
The item as brief as possible e.g. leather handbag.
then add a message at the bottom like " happy birthday" etc

Its not too difficult. Just make an invoice using word doc. i do them for when my relative ships things to me from Italy. I make a gift invoice with lower value. Put the sender details (my relative name and address) and my reciever details (name and address)
The item as brief as possible e.g. leather handbag.
then add a message at the bottom like " happy birthday" etc
Wow thank you!
I will make one to ship my bags if I couldn't come up with a plan b

I really think it's very random with TRS. If you're really unlucky, the officer will say it in a way that will scare you and it looks like they will flag and check you when you're back in the country. But I also wonder how can they actually prove that the goods you're bringing back are what you claimed? What if you legit have the same bag and you're just buying the same bag for your family member? How can you prove that they are the same one even if they had marked down the details?

It's arbitrary but worth being cautious and careful. If you had declared on ur way in, do you actually just pay back the gst you paid? Or they might reduce/ waive it like in the US if you are honest?

I really think it's very random with TRS. If you're really unlucky, the officer will say it in a way that will scare you and it looks like they will flag and check you when you're back in the country. But I also wonder how can they actually prove that the goods you're bringing back are what you claimed? What if you legit have the same bag and you're just buying the same bag for your family member? How can you prove that they are the same one even if they had marked down the details?

It's arbitrary but worth being cautious and careful. If you had declared on ur way in, do you actually just pay back the gst you paid? Or they might reduce/ waive it like in the US if you are honest?
My sister told me
A friend of her bought a ring for the wife and took it out of the country for the gst
They didn't even mention anything on the gst counter
On his way in they search every single piece of the baggage,found the ring and he paid for the gst and fine a got and big fat warning
Told him if he do it again they will report to the immigration office and cancel his visa

If via fedex you will have to declare lower value and ensure you include the invoices at that declared value otherwise they will open the package if you dont have the right doc's attached.
Please be careful with this - there have been thread on EBay forum of sender declaring lower value and custom interfered as they think the items are counterfeits.