Hermes Subforum Project!! **Update page 11**

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    As many of you already know, hermesgroupie's leather book has been an excellent reference for all of us. The time has come, however, to update the thread with new pictures and any additional leathers that need to be added.

This is where we need everyone's help.:tender: Please post a close-up picture of the leather/skin on the body of your bag and post it in this thread (without a watermark) so that we can take that picture and use it to replace the pictures on the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/reference-hermes-groupie-s-leather-book-49095.html

Our goal is to get one example of every type of leather/skin and post a 300 x 300 square in the above thread. This still active post is a perfect example of what we are looking to do: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/reference-hermes-groupie-s-leather-book-49095-2.html#post904815

Everyone's participation is GREATLY appreciated! The more participation we have, the better our reference section will be for all of us to enjoy!
    :nuts:

Feel free to ask or PM me or the other H mods if you have any questions or would prefer to send us a picture privately. THANK YOU!!!!!! :flowers:

ETA: We are also happy to have nice close-ups of crinoline, toile, panama, canvas....if they make a bag out of it, we would love to see it!!! We will edit out duplicates, etc...but the more the merrier!!

2. For your reference, here is the post that is a perfect example of what we want to do:

Attached Files:

3. Would like to add : please upload the pics as attachment here instead of via links to photo holding sites. This way, it keeps the pics on the forum and all members are able to view (some sites are firewalled).

Thank you and bring them on!!

4. Yes!!! Thank you ms piggy!!!

5. #5 Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    Great project!

Black Togo DONE

ETA The thumbnail looks exactly like the Togo appears to the 'naked' eye. The close up shows the grain to a much better effect though.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Thank you in advance, we are so grateful for your help!!! :heart:

ETA: Cross post with MaiTai!!! THANK YOU for kicking this off for us!!! :yahoo:

7. #7 Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    Orange Vibrato

DONE

Attached Files:

8. #8 Feb 9, 2010
    Raisin BoxDONE and Rose Shocking Chevre Mysore DONE

Attached Files:

9. #9 Feb 9, 2010
    Pink Swift DONE

Thank you JAG and MS PIGGY for such a fun and educational project!!!:ghi5:

Attached Files:

10. What a great start! Thank you so so so much MaiTai and boo!!! We really appreciate your help!!!

11. thank you .. thank you .. thank you .. for this project jag and contributors!
    .. does any one have a pic of Vache Trekking? ..TIA^

12. I added a note to the first post, but want to emphasize that we would also love reference pics of toile, canvas, etc., anything used for bags!!

:flowers:

13. #13 Feb 9, 2010
    etoupe CDC DONE

DSC_2046.jpg

hmm..if the pic is not clear enough i'd be more than happy to take more. Thanks for letting us participate in this great project!

14. #14 Feb 9, 2010
    Nice project! I'd love to help but I'm not sure if this picture is clear enough (if not I can try it again in daylight tomorrow :smile:).
    Here is a picture of Ebene Evergrain:

[​IMG] DONE

Attached Files:

15. #15 Feb 9, 2010
    Dalmation - black/white?

DONE

Can anyone tell me how you take closeup photos of smooth leathers eg boxcalf/barenia? It is just not coming out!

Attached Files: