HERMES store Boston

I've been to the Boston store & believe it or not I find American Sa's to be more helpful in friendly than overseas Sa's. They are willing to chat....just make sure when you go in you ask for a refreshment...if they are rude or make you feel uncomfortable than leave & spend your money elsewhere with someone more appreciating...the SA's are getting commission!

I've been to the Boston store several times (and spent $$!) on jewelry and scarves since my original post. But I went back again in May and my SA no longer works there. (No notice or anything) Anyone have a SA suggestion they can PM me? I'm going back in two weeks to pick up more scarves for bags I've gotten in the resale market. I gave up on waiting for them to offer me anything despite being a good customer the past two years. And I'm happy with the less than retail anyway so win win. LOL. But my SA never did much for me, so no loss there to be honest, but hate having to start over with a new SA. Sigh. So appreciate the referral.

And I should say that my SA at the VCA in NYC left recently but I got a lovely follow up call and email from another SA who told me and offered assistance which was so nice, and anytime I buy something in the Chanel store in Boston, I always get a handwritten note saying thanks & I always get notice of happenings there. So needless to say I haven't been impressed with Hermes Boston in my personal experience. Maybe it was just because of the SA I had.

Warning, I'm going to rant just a little. What the heck is up with the Boston store? I have spent around $22,000 there in the last year and a half. Not that I think that makes me special or deserve any better treatment than anyone else. But I asked my SA on opening day for a particular shawl in a particular cw that I wanted. I also asked for two enamel bracelets which were available online. But I was trying to be a loyal customer and give her my business. She said she would work on it. I figured it was busy opening day so I followed up with a letter listing the shawl and color way and I printed out the info on the bracelets from online. (Keep in mind I could have just ordered them no tax and free delivery.) I got NO RESPONSE. Nothing. I have since contacted a SA at another store that I visited once and purchased one scarf from to inquire about another scarf that I had seen there. (Which she didn't have anymore but she immediately offered to find for me.) She also offered to look at the store's order, check if they ordered the shawl in the cw I wanted and hold one for me. Again I ask, what the heck is up with our store? I don't get it. What's going on lately? I'm really disappointed because I really liked the staff there in the past.

Warning, I'm going to rant just a little. What the heck is up with the Boston store? I have spent around $22,000 there in the last year and a half. Not that I think that makes me special or deserve any better treatment than anyone else. But I asked my SA on opening day for a particular shawl in a particular cw that I wanted. I also asked for two enamel bracelets which were available online. But I was trying to be a loyal customer and give her my business. She said she would work on it. I figured it was busy opening day so I followed up with a letter listing the shawl and color way and I printed out the info on the bracelets from online. (Keep in mind I could have just ordered them no tax and free delivery.) I got NO RESPONSE. Nothing. I have since contacted a SA at another store that I visited once and purchased one scarf from to inquire about another scarf that I had seen there. (Which she didn't have anymore but she immediately offered to find for me.) She also offered to look at the store's order, check if they ordered the shawl in the cw I wanted and hold one for me. Again I ask, what the heck is up with our store? I don't get it. What's going on lately? I'm really disappointed because I really liked the staff there in the past.

Believe it or not, $22,000 in a year isn't that big of spend compared to the international students who spend six figures at the store.

Believe it or not, $22,000 in a year isn't that big of spend compared to the international students who spend six figures at the store.
I wasn't asking for a Birkin. I was asking to buy a shawl and bracelets that are readily available. So you are saying it takes spending $100,000 to get those items and decent service? Apparently not at other stores.

I wasn't asking for a Birkin. I was asking to buy a shawl and bracelets that are readily available. So you are saying it takes spending $100,000 to get those items and decent service? Apparently not at other stores.

I'm so sorry Pocketbook about your store's lack of service. You're entitled to great service no matter how much you spend and my store would be the first to raise a hand to help you. PM me if you want an intro to my wonderful store! Some stores understand the value of building a brand relationship on both sides. My store has a history of helping out clients who've received less than stellar service elsewhere actually.

Regardless of what the previous poster said, yes you should be able to have an SA put you on the list for the shawl and bracelets you want. I was offered this by my SA before I had ever purchased a thing.

Since I realize another boutique might not be convenient for you, I would also suggest trying to email or get in touch with the Manager or Assistant Manager to share your concern. The only way things will improve is if they're aware of it. Then perhaps based on their response, you can determine if you wish to continue shopping with them! :hugs:

I'm so sorry Pocketbook about your store's lack of service. You're entitled to great service no matter how much you spend and my store would be the first to raise a hand to help you. PM me if you want an intro to my wonderful store! Some stores understand the value of building a brand relationship on both sides. My store has a history of helping out clients who've received less than stellar service elsewhere actually.

Regardless of what the previous poster said, yes you should be able to have an SA put you on the list for the shawl and bracelets you want. I was offered this by my SA before I had ever purchased a thing.

Since I realize another boutique might not be convenient for you, I would also suggest trying to email or get in touch with the Manager or Assistant Manager to share your concern. The only way things will improve is if they're aware of it. Then perhaps based on their response, you can determine if you wish to continue shopping with them! :hugs:

Mrs Owen, you are a doll. I will pm you for advice. What I was really seeking was just what you provided, some reassurance that this Hermes thing is not all about who you are and how much money you have but some degree of mutual respect. You have restored my faith just by your kindness.

I myself should not have placed a dollar amount on it because it is irrelevant. What I was trying to convey was that I am a serious customer who wouldn't ask for something unless I truly intended to buy it. All customers deserve the same level of respect. I will take your advice and talk to the store manager as well. Thank you so very much.

Mrs Owen, you are a doll. I will pm you for advice. What I was really seeking was just what you provided, some reassurance that this Hermes thing is not all about who you are and how much money you have but some degree of mutual respect. You have restored my faith just by your kindness.

I myself should not have placed a dollar amount on it because it is irrelevant. What I was trying to convey was that I am a serious customer who wouldn't ask for something unless I truly intended to buy it. All customers deserve the same level of respect. I will take your advice and talk to the store manager as well. Thank you so very much.

+1!!!!!!

Hope you get the things you want soon!!!!

Ok... An update on the boston store. I'm relieved. It seems my SA did set aside the shawl for me. She didn't get a chance to call me before she left for vacation. I spoke with the manager and it's there waiting.

For some reason it's the only store I know of for which the SAs do not put email addresses on their cards. So to be honest I was afraid to email them. I assumed they didn't like to be bothered with emails. My bad. The store manager whose email I happened to have got back to me immediately when I inquired.

The opening was delayed quite a bit by construction delays due to the harsh winter we had. My new theory is that the midsummer opening was just bad timing. I'll bet new merchandise was hard to come by in late July. If you read the Paris thread it seems that merchandise is in short supply there now too. Plus the new boston store has been busy and the SAs probably had to delay their summer vacations.

So my faith is restored. And I'm super excited about my shawl. DH and I are headed to boston Saturday to pick it up and celebrate our anniversary a week early! I'm so relieved because this is so unlike anything I have experienced before with Hermes. It didn't make sense to me.

Pocketbook Pup, I'm so happy to hear this! It's upsetting to feel disillusioned with a brand you love. Yes, the opening was at a difficult time. Given that the artisans all are on vacation in August, late summer is a dead time for new stock. Have a wonderful anniversary trip!

Pocketbook Pup, I'm so happy to hear this! It's upsetting to feel disillusioned with a brand you love. Yes, the opening was at a difficult time. Given that the artisans all are on vacation in August, late summer is a dead time for new stock. Have a wonderful anniversary trip!

Thank you Mindi!

Ok... An update on the boston store. I'm relieved. It seems my SA did set aside the shawl for me. She didn't get a chance to call me before she left for vacation. I spoke with the manager and it's there waiting.

For some reason it's the only store I know of for which the SAs do not put email addresses on their cards. So to be honest I was afraid to email them. I assumed they didn't like to be bothered with emails. My bad. The store manager whose email I happened to have got back to me immediately when I inquired.

The opening was delayed quite a bit by construction delays due to the harsh winter we had. My new theory is that the midsummer opening was just bad timing. I'll bet new merchandise was hard to come by in late July. If you read the Paris thread it seems that merchandise is in short supply there now too. Plus the new boston store has been busy and the SAs probably had to delay their summer vacations.

So my faith is restored. And I'm super excited about my shawl. DH and I are headed to boston Saturday to pick it up and celebrate our anniversary a week early! I'm so relieved because this is so unlike anything I have experienced before with Hermes. It didn't make sense to me.

I am glad it all worked out for you. I mostly email my SA and he does not always get my emails, so I follow up after 2 days if I don't hear back.
Have a wonderful anniversary.

So happy at last this is a happy ending!! Congrats on your anniversary!!