Hermes Steve Bag

mas_86

Aug 14, 2012
Vancouver
View attachment 1869960

This is my Steve bag in Noir, the 35cm size. I just got it from the Dublin Store. Very Happy! I've been wearing it about and after initally been unhappy with the size I'm happy I got the 35cm. It's big enough for days when I don't need gym gear. Just my novel, iPad, wallet keys and lunch.... and an umbrella too (Irish weather!). Thinking about ordering the 37cm in the Chestnut Brown, but I'm tempted by the Steve travel bag too. I don't want to get both, I think that would be overkill. I love my Steve bag, I love that noone really knows it's designer, unlike flashy LV or Prada bags which show off. The Steve just looks like a great quality, subtle bag!
Lookin good !!

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

nats

O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Vancouver BC
Cormac said:
This is my Steve bag in Noir, the 35cm size. I just got it from the Dublin Store. Very Happy! I've been wearing it about and after initally been unhappy with the size I'm happy I got the 35cm. It's big enough for days when I don't need gym gear. Just my novel, iPad, wallet keys and lunch.... and an umbrella too (Irish weather!). Thinking about ordering the 37cm in the Chestnut Brown, but I'm tempted by the Steve travel bag too. I don't want to get both, I think that would be overkill. I love my Steve bag, I love that noone really knows it's designer, unlike flashy LV or Prada bags which show off. The Steve just looks like a great quality, subtle bag!
Wow you look good with the steve bag!

HermesIRL

HermesIRL
Jun 15, 2012
It looks fantastic cormac!! Will it hold a 15" laptop?
Just about yes, in the main compartment...I use an iMac in work so I just carry an iPad in it! I'd recommend it as a guy's Hermes bag. It's subtle, masculine and great looking too. I love it

Ulf

Jul 24, 2012
Europe
Just about yes, in the main compartment...I use an iMac in work so I just carry an iPad in it! I'd recommend it as a guy's Hermes bag. It's subtle, masculine and great looking too. I love it
Just to be extra clear: in this case, we're talking about a 35 cm Steve. A 15" MacBook Pro is around 36 cm wide (the Retina one slightly less, the older slightly more). This means that they will not fit easily in a 35 cm Steve... ;)

I don't know the sizes of other 15" laptops, but I would guess that MacBooks are popular around here.

HermesIRL

HermesIRL
Jun 15, 2012
Just to be extra clear: in this case, we're talking about a 35 cm Steve. A 15" MacBook Pro is around 36 cm wide (the Retina one slightly less, the older slightly more). This means that they will not fit easily in a 35 cm Steve... ;)

I don't know the sizes of other 15" laptops, but I would guess that MacBooks are popular around here.

Yes, Macbooks are popular. In an earlier draft of the comment I had that a 15'' Macbook would fit in the 35cm Steve if at an angle, diagonal across the main compartment of the bag. It's a bit of a pain in the *** though, go for the 37cm if you need to carry a laptop everywhere. Sorry this got edited out of my comment before I posted it, it would have been clearer. Bring your laptop into Hermes and size it up. When I went to LV to get a Keepall 55 I used my Steve to size it up! :lol:

H1837

Jun 25, 2013
I recently discovered the Steve bag and have some questions. I know this thread is old, but I would really appreciate any input.

Is the Steve bag considered a signature Hermes bag? What are considered the signature bags for men?

I have seen and read about a few sizes, including 35, 38, and recently 39 when I called Hermes to ask about colors and availability. Does anyone have/has anyone seen a 39?

Does anyone know what colors the bag comes in?

Can anyone that has purchased this bad comment on whether they are still using it or not and how it has help up? Is it true that Hermes will repair/recondition its items?