Hermes Silk'in wallet

I love the Rouge H wallet! So beautiful. I am wondering if the Rouge H matches/coordinates with the burgundy leather lining of the classic Chanel flap?
It depends on if you're looking for an exact match. Rouge H has more brown in it, while the Chanel Burgundy has more red. They "go together", but don't match exactly. I would say that the Chanel burgundy is more nighttime luxury, while Rouge H is day time or day to night.

I'm considering buying the silk'in wallet. It's a big spending for me for a wallet. Does it feel luxurious. It certainly looks great on the pictures. I would love a bordeaux to match my Evelyne.

Coincidentally, there is a Bordeaux Silk'in on H.com right now. It's very dark! The wallet feels more luxurious to me then--say--your average Louis Vuitton, but if you're going for super-lux, then perhaps you should look at one of the Togo or Swift leather wallets like the Dogon, or the Compact Constance Wallet. I also love opening my Silk'in and seeing the pop of the design color. So lovely!

It depends on if you're looking for an exact match. Rouge H has more brown in it, while the Chanel Burgundy has more red. They "go together", but don't match exactly. I would say that the Chanel burgundy is more nighttime luxury, while Rouge H is day time or day to night.

Coincidentally, there is a Bordeaux Silk'in on H.com right now. It's very dark! The wallet feels more luxurious to me then--say--your average Louis Vuitton, but if you're going for super-lux, then perhaps you should look at one of the Togo or Swift leather wallets like the Dogon, or the Compact Constance Wallet. I also love opening my Silk'in and seeing the pop of the design color. So lovely!

Thank you. How is the silk, does it hold his shape. Do you have to be carefull with it. Sorry for all the questions, I'm kind of new in the Hermès forum.

Reactions: JazzyMac
Thank you. How is the silk, does it hold his shape. Do you have to be carefull with it. Sorry for all the questions, I'm kind of new in the Hermès forum.
The silk is fine! Folks here can attest, my silk looks brand new as the day I received it. The slots aren't out of shape like the leather wallet slots. You can easily slide cards in and out. However, I don't put coins in my wallet; only because I know just how dirty coins are and it doesn't make sense. But my wallets can literally go back in the display case in Hermes.

Reactions: DiJe40
The silk is fine! Folks here can attest, my silk looks brand new as the day I received it. The slots aren't out of shape like the leather wallet slots. You can easily slide cards in and out. However, I don't put coins in my wallet; only because I know just how dirty coins are and it doesn't make sense. But my wallets can literally go back in the display case in Hermes.

Thank you for your reply. I'm so in love with the wallet. Now I have to convince the husband that I really need this in my life [emoji6]

Reactions: JazzyMac
Hi guys I need some help
I just purchased a silk in wallet like five days back from the boutique
It's a beautiful congac with pink astrologer inside
I placed it safe inside my evelyne
And suddenly today I realized there's a bump on the wallet leather
Any idea what is it ?
Brought it back to the boutique today and they say they will send it back to Paris for a check
Which means I gonna wait for a few months before I know what's the issue
Any one seems this before
Any idea what caused it ?
Help is greatly appreciated

View media item 2850

Hi guys I need some help
Any idea what is it ?
Brought it back to the boutique today and they say they will send it back to Paris for a check

View media item 2850

Mat be a water bump. Take it back to H ASAP

Reactions: Luluc1415
Hi guys I need some help
Any idea what is it ?

View media item 2850
It does look like water bump. I had something similar on my silk in wallet when a few sheets of diaper wipe accidently press against it overnight inside of my evelyne. Luckily I live at a pretty dry climate and the bump decreased evenly. It didn't go back to totally flat but it's barely noticeable now... Good luck with the repair!

It does look like water bump. I had something similar on my silk in wallet when a few sheets of diaper wipe accidently press against it overnight inside of my evelyne. Luckily I live at a pretty dry climate and the bump decreased evenly. It didn't go back to totally flat but it's barely noticeable now... Good luck with the repair!
Ahhhhh that make sense
I will take note next time
Thank you :smile:

Reactions: grapegravity
Thank you for your reply
I brought it back already
They said they never seen something like this
Gonna send back Paris for a check
:sad:
I only get to use it for less than a week
Prays hard they can fix / replace for me

Hope it all works out for you. It's hard to part with it so soon I know but better to act swiftly X

Last edited:
Hi guys I need some help
Any idea what is it ?

View media item 2850

If it's only 5 days old, they should of replaced it immediately. I would hate having a new item in repair for months.

Oh btw how do you guys find the stitching on silkin in wallets?
For me the stitchings were quite horrible
Uneven , some super tiny stitches in btw
And around the corners some stitches were double stitched
I should have taken some pics
I keep telling myself it's ok it's handmade cause I love it so much
:P