Hermes SIESTA China owners--suggestions for matching flatware?

I have had breakfast with my bread/better plates and used my teapot for coffee and my teacups for coffee cups.

other than that...no...

actually one night.....after I got it I had big plans to cook but I had a hard day at work so we put our take out on the plates, best take out ever!

LOL, GG!! I've only used it for my husband and me, and for short visits from friends, that's it. No dinner parties yet! With 2 young children, I just can't find the time. I'm dreaming of a springtime tea party for a few friends & relatives next year, though!

mhmm good point about the robbe berking too masculine i just happen to like art deco lines paired with opulence but i understand it is not for everyone. but i do not think malmaison beeing to formal just elegyant and fubulous (can you see i love it)
but i have an idea what about getting a set manufactured? maybe something that picks up the design of the china? i once had it done when i found nothing to my liking for flora danica .

Because I love the "old" so much, I'm in the process of putting together a set of sterling teaspoons (and serving cutlery) that are all different. I scour the antique stores and eBay for old sterling pieces and the only requirement is that though each piece is different they all have to "work" together. Would something like this appeal?

Lilach, I agree, Malmaison is still fabulous and I'd love a set someday. I have a set of formal china but I still don't think Malmaison would be right for it. Interesting suggestion about custom-made but I'll stick to the readily available first! LOL

S'Mom, love your idea and considered that myself but I think it's too advanced for me. LOL I don't like matchy-matchy looks myself; in fact, I plan to use plain white dinner plates with thin gold rims to go w/ the rest of the Siesta pieces. To have all pieces in Siesta is a bit much! BTW, Christofle has a gift set of different demitasse spoons! Considered that, too.

Well whattaya know! Lilach, I'm glad you suggested Christofle Malmaison this morning because I remembered that Christofle has 2 similarly-shaped patterns--Albi and Perles. Albi's too plain, but I think Perles just might work! Can you tell I'm partial to Christofle? They make this in pure sterling, too.

christofleperles2.jpg

christofleperles.jpg

Christies & Sothebys have several silver sales a year. Have you checked when the next one is coming up? I have seen some great items sell at wonderful prices. And if you get tired of it, you always have a place that will sell it for you.

here are some pics I dug up that I sent to my mom.

yes, I realize I set up the table wrong...my mom lectured me on that.

I am still trying to find a nice thing to put under my glasses, I don't like what I have hear...so just ignore it for now!

all I have left is my water glasses and wine glasses, etc

That's ok GG, no matter how many times I show the DH how to set the table, he does it just like you! Maybe you two are from the same planet:P

24, have you gotten the serving pieces yet?

I just bought the platter...and the large salad bowl....

I have the tart platter and LOVE that.

I am waiting to get the soup tureen but its the most expensive thing.

24, what do you use for your crystal?

Thanks, shoes!

GG, I haven't bought the serving pieces yet but all I need are a large platter and a couple of medium serving dishes. I have a set of ivory serving pieces I'd like to mix and match w/ Siesta.

For crystal, I use Reidel. But you know what I'd love to get for wine goblets? I think cobalt blue wine goblets would look great with Siesta. They'll bring out the blue I really love in this pattern. I haven't looked around for a good set, though.