Hermes SIESTA China owners--suggestions for matching flatware?

Apr 18, 2006
For months I've been looking for sterling teaspoons to go with the Siesta china pattern. I already have and prefer stainless flatware for everyday use but I'd like sterling teaspoons when serving tea/coffee with this pattern. I've looked on eBay for antiques but most of them are too fancy for the already detailed Siesta pattern. Any suggestions? What do/would you use? I'm open to any brand, including Hermes and Puiforcat. :smile: Thank you!

Just in case, here are pictures of some Siesta pieces. Thanks again!

siestadinnerplate.jpg

Siestapieces.jpg

ladureeteacup2.jpg

hey there! I just completed my collection last week with 2 serving pieces.

I went thru the same dilemma....I wanted Hermes flatware but it was too modern for this setting so I bought this...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...00553cat3520749cat3520750cat3520754cat3520755

and shoot...I just realized it went on sale. crap.

and I had to buy the hostess set from another site.
I really love it. The price is EXCELLENT....and I use it everyday now.

I am going to see if I can dig up pics of it next to my China....

here are some pics I dug up that I sent to my mom.

yes, I realize I set up the table wrong...my mom lectured me on that.

I am still trying to find a nice thing to put under my glasses, I don't like what I have hear...so just ignore it for now!

all I have left is my water glasses and wine glasses, etc

Attachments

• flatware.jpg
    flatware.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 350
  • flatware1.jpg
    flatware1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 314
  • flatware2.jpg
    flatware2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 345
I really did want something Hermes, but all of it is really heavy and modern and I felt this needed something pretty and elegant....

and I just re-read you are looking for teaspoons! but this setting sells them in and I love it.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! :smile:

Lilach, great suggestions! Christofle's Malmaison is actually in my top 3! Do you think it's a bit too formal for Siesta, though? The Robbe & Berking pattern might be a little masculine for what I'm looking for, though, but thanks very much.

Guccigal07, what a deal! It's stainless, right? Lovely set-up. I'm actually looking for pure sterling because I really like the patina of silver. I seriously considered Hermes as well but they don't make pure sterling, just silverplate. Puiforcat definitely makes sterling but I haven't had a chance to really explore their patterns. Looks like you're having a lot of fun with your china!!

KB, thanks--good idea; I should have mentioned my preferences. I prefer something pretty simple, not a lot of fluorish, and with more curves than angles. Siesta, as you can see, is a busy pattern, so I think I'd like something that won't clash.

OK 24...perfect. Let me think. I shopped often for china and silver.

I totally agree that Malmaison is gorgeous, but it is a bit formal for your pattern. I think your pattern needs elegance, but a tiny more casual. Yes, curves I agree...off I go.