Hermes Seattle/Bellevue

Hi,
I am ready to buy my first Birkin and do not currently have a relationship with an SA. What should I expect when I go to the Bellevue store? I do not think I will be shown any Birkin on my first try. Can I ask to be added to the waiting list? Do they actually go through the list when they have stock or is it a way to defer you? Any info would help!

Hi,
I am ready to buy my first Birkin and do not currently have a relationship with an SA. What should I expect when I go to the Bellevue store? I do not think I will be shown any Birkin on my first try. Can I ask to be added to the waiting list? Do they actually go through the list when they have stock or is it a way to defer you? Any info would help!

I would go in, look around and see if you click with the SA that comes to help you. Buy something small to start with to see how you feel through the purchase process. She will give you her card to help with future purchases. If she seems helpful and friendly, then go in a few times and have her help you select some more items on your wish list. After a few visits and purchases when you feel you have a nice relationship established I think it is fine to mention what bags and specifications you are looking for in the future. I personally wouldn't bring it up too early on because hopefully this is a SA you will be working with for years, so you want a friendly rapport started and showing that you are interested in being a long term client will help you to get started on the right foot.

Sorry for the late replies.
Yes it's my home store and I must have approached the spending limit (I think it was around $10K). With the weak CDN$ I rather pick up some nice accessories in my local store instead of losing it to the exchange rate. Hope this helps.

Reactions: nicole0612
Sorry for the late replies.
Yes it's my home store and I must have approached the spending limit (I think it was around $10K). With the weak CDN$ I rather pick up some nice accessories in my local store instead of losing it to the exchange rate. Hope this helps.

Wow! That is AWESOME!! Do you have a particular SA you would rec'? Which B and K did they offer?

Thanks for all the responses.
WOW! Did you have a spending limit? (if you don't mind me asking)

What is a spending limit? The amount I need to spend before they will let me buy a Birkin?
I went to the Bellevue store and met a very nice SA. I told her the bag I like and she wrote it down. She said I might not get it this year but she doesnt know and told me if I have more purchase history, it would definitely help. Is that the spending limit?

Thanks!!

Thanks for all the responses.

What is a spending limit? The amount I need to spend before they will let me buy a Birkin?
I went to the Bellevue store and met a very nice SA. I told her the bag I like and she wrote it down. She said I might not get it this year but she doesnt know and told me if I have more purchase history, it would definitely help. Is that the spending limit?

Thanks!!
YUP! Some SA's require you to spend a certain amount before getting a B or K right away, I've heard different amounts at different stores. But some people have gotten lucky and gotten offered a B or K their first time too! The flagship store in Paris also doesn't require a spending limit, but it depends what they have in stock. Good luck!!!

My sister moved to Bellevue a couple of years ago and I was finally able to visit her over the summer. Between her kids’ soccer and summer activities, I made her take me to the H store. My sister doesn’t know anything about my H or general purse craziness, so I encouraged her to wait outside with the kids while I looked for scarves for my MIL (yes, I lied…not proud). :-s

One thing to note: the Shops At The Bravern, which is where the H store is located in Bellevue, you have to pay for parking (or valet), but you can get parking validated. I never know if you have to buy something in stores to get parking validated so I figured I’d just err on the side of buying.

It’s a beautiful 2-story store and I found a nice SA to help me almost immediately. It was quiet, but a small pack of tourists did come in a few minutes after I did. I didn’t find any scarves I liked, but didn’t want to leave empty-handed so got DH a handkerchief because he’s a hanky guy.

I was in the market for a new wallet so I casually asked about a Constance wallet before I checked out. I haven’t been keeping up with H in the last year (ban island) so I didn’t know if Constance wallets were readily available. Turns out she had something. She took me downstairs and showed me this beautiful smooth, (Swift, Barenia?) natural or sable or fauve? (perhaps some more knowledgeable TPF members can chime in on leather/color) Constance wallet with contrast stitching…gorgeous!!! :heart: I was not prepared for the beauty (nor the size…it’s a big wallet).

I’m rough on my wallets so I kind of knew it wasn’t the right one for me. I sometimes still regret not getting it though. The sweet SA didn’t think she had any other ones, but looked and found another box in the wrong drawer. She pulled out a beautiful Rose Azalee Constance wallet in Epsom leather. It was perfect for me…pop of color and I have experience with the leather (I have a Kelly wallet in Epsom). Needless to say, I bought the wallet. Another thing to note: sales tax was at 10%. :amazed:

P.S. Sorry for another long post.
P.P.S. Twilly from H pop-up in Nordstrom.

52262189238__ABC92557-8AAC-4B11-819E-70D83447AA2B.JPG IMG_5994.JPG

My sister moved to Bellevue a couple of years ago and I was finally able to visit her over the summer. Between her kids’ soccer and summer activities, I made her take me to the H store. My sister doesn’t know anything about my H or general purse craziness, so I encouraged her to wait outside with the kids while I looked for scarves for my MIL (yes, I lied…not proud). :-s

One thing to note: the Shops At The Bravern, which is where the H store is located in Bellevue, you have to pay for parking (or valet), but you can get parking validated. I never know if you have to buy something in stores to get parking validated so I figured I’d just err on the side of buying.

It’s a beautiful 2-story store and I found a nice SA to help me almost immediately. It was quiet, but a small pack of tourists did come in a few minutes after I did. I didn’t find any scarves I liked, but didn’t want to leave empty-handed so got DH a handkerchief because he’s a hanky guy.

I was in the market for a new wallet so I casually asked about a Constance wallet before I checked out. I haven’t been keeping up with H in the last year (ban island) so I didn’t know if Constance wallets were readily available. Turns out she had something. She took me downstairs and showed me this beautiful smooth, (Swift, Barenia?) natural or sable or fauve? (perhaps some more knowledgeable TPF members can chime in on leather/color) Constance wallet with contrast stitching…gorgeous!!! :heart: I was not prepared for the beauty (nor the size…it’s a big wallet).

I’m rough on my wallets so I kind of knew it wasn’t the right one for me. I sometimes still regret not getting it though. The sweet SA didn’t think she had any other ones, but looked and found another box in the wrong drawer. She pulled out a beautiful Rose Azalee Constance wallet in Epsom leather. It was perfect for me…pop of color and I have experience with the leather (I have a Kelly wallet in Epsom). Needless to say, I bought the wallet. Another thing to note: sales tax was at 10%. :amazed:

View attachment 3830289 View attachment 3830291
Beautiful wallet! Sales tax is terrible here. :eek: With validated parking you get 6 hours of free parking and you don't need to make a purchase in order to get your ticket validated.

Reactions: cocomlle

View attachment 3830289 View attachment 3830291

I've had my parking validated at the Bravern even though I did not buy anything :smile: But granted, my last stop was at the Williams Sonoma store and I tentatively asked them if they did, and they were happy to validate it for me. My stops at the other stores had been unsuccessful unfortunately.

Reactions: cocomlle
Beautiful wallet! Sales tax is terrible here. :eek: With validated parking you get 6 hours of free parking and you don't need to make a purchase in order to get your ticket validated.

But I believe the sales tax is still slightly lower than Seattle's! I had no idea the two were different until I was making a return at a retailer's Bellevue store as opposed to their Seattle one. But the difference is quite marginal I think.

But I believe the sales tax is still slightly lower than Seattle's! I had no idea the two were different until I was making a return at a retailer's Bellevue store as opposed to their Seattle one. But the difference is quite marginal I think.
Yes, it's due to the differing counties, but it is only slightly different. :smile:

Thank you! Can you believe I still haven't used it yet...plastic still on, ribbon still tied. I don't know what I'm waiting for. :huh:

And double thanks for the parking validation info. 6 hours of potential shopping...I'd fiscally die. ;)

Reactions: klynneann