Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

Hi, I want to inquire about
Item: Carnival de Venice
Seller: Littlefirtree
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=220303014280
Number: 220303014280
Comment: Tried to search info on this seller - None; there is only a piece of a scarf on the picture, is it possible to authenticate? There was a time when Carnival was in a high demand, and the lack of interest is surprising. I would like to know if this one is real and whether the seller is a known one

I've never heard of this seller, and I am not familiar with this colorway, so it's probably best to ask for more photos. The only thing the photo does have going for it is that you can see the jacquard pattern (lutes) - can they fake jacquard?

Hi, I want to inquire about
Item: Carnival de Venice
Seller: Littlefirtree
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=220303014280
Number: 220303014280
Comment: Tried to search info on this seller - None; there is only a piece of a scarf on the picture, is it possible to authenticate? There was a time when Carnival was in a high demand, and the lack of interest is surprising. I would like to know if this one is real and whether the seller is a known one

You obviously need more pictures. I wonder how serious this seller is to just post one pic that shows nothing!

You obviously need more pictures. I wonder how serious this seller is to just post one pic that shows nothing!

Just what I was thinking!

I will say that I have seen this colorway before. here is a pic from a known H collector (and member here) who collected a bunch of the CWs so ask for more pics and compare.

Attachments

• carnaval-mustard.jpg
    carnaval-mustard.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 302
No, of course it isn't the ONLY thing. It just made me think about that when the question came up "if they aren't collectors, can I trust them?" My motivation is to try to make an informed decision based on the piece, the seller and my growing knowledge of the scarves without having to run to you and the forum for every scarf I like. I know you won't admit it (ok, maybe You and Hello might...:heart:) but it MUST get tedious answering the same questions over and over, day after day while the newbies get up to speed. That's all....:smile:

Thanks for thinking of our feelings. Ultimately, we do it because we want to help and if it gets too much, we can always take a step back and let others fill in for a while.

Oh, I totally agree. I did write to ask for more pics and compare.

Also, please note the spelling of my username. Thanks!

My bad. I am so sorry about the incorrect spelling! Please forgive me. I will purchase this to remind me.

Get the full contents of New Advent (Catholic Encyclopedia, Church Fathers, Summa, Bible and more) on CD-ROM.

St.Elizabeth Ann Seton

I will keep thinking of you as the resident saint of scarf identification.:smile:

I will paste the correct spelling to my forehead. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

please don't beat me:crybaby::sweatdrop:

Last edited:
Dear ladies, I wrote the seller yesterday asking for more pictures, but no answer so far. It's only more than one day, so let's wait and see whether she responds. It's weekend, after all, she might not be at home.

Please excuse me for the wrong information, the seller answered but I didn't find it in the ebay mailbox, but later I saw it in my regular mail box.
The scarf looks new to me and has the same colorway as posted in this thread above.
Thanks everyone for help, I sincerely appreciate it.

Wow, GK, that apology was not only gracious and heartfelt, but also informative and bilingual.

:tup:

My bad. I am so sorry about the incorrect spelling! Please forgive me. I will purchase this to remind me.

Get the full contents of New Advent (Catholic Encyclopedia, Church Fathers, Summa, Bible and more) on CD-ROM.

St.Elizabeth Ann Seton

I will keep thinking of you as the resident saint of scarf identification.:smile:

I will paste the correct spelling to my forehead. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

please don't beat me:crybaby::sweatdrop:

Item: Cotton shawl Jungle Love
Seller:
s.gif
yourchariot
s.gif
( 2037
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif

Number: 150293809269
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-AUTH-HERMES-JUNGLE-LOVE-COTTON-SCARF-SHAWL-70_W0QQitemZ150293809269QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
Comment:
I have a question about this cotton shawl.
A month or more ago I asked whether anyone had seen a cotton voile shawl, I had found the reference in the semi-yearly book, but wanted to know whether anyone had seen them.
Later I saw those shawl in Madison Ave Store, but prints were not my style and I never inquired about price.
Now I see on ebay the cotton shawl TDF, as far as I am concerned, but the price is too high, the seller nad not received too many accolades.
I want to know if it looks realistic, does such print exist; did anyone see it in the store, what is the store price of it?
It's not an original Jungle Love, so who is the artist of this shawl?

Item: Cotton shawl Jungle Love
Seller:
s.gif
yourchariot
s.gif
( 2037
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif

Number: 150293809269
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-AUTH-HERMES-JUNGLE-LOVE-COTTON-SCARF-SHAWL-70_W0QQitemZ150293809269QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
Comment:
I have a question about this cotton shawl.
A month or more ago I asked whether anyone had seen a cotton voile shawl, I had found the reference in the semi-yearly book, but wanted to know whether anyone had seen them.
Later I saw those shawl in Madison Ave Store, but prints were not my style and I never inquired about price.
Now I see on ebay the cotton shawl TDF, as far as I am concerned, but the price is too high, the seller nad not received too many accolades.
I want to know if it looks realistic, does such print exist; did anyone see it in the store, what is the store price of it?
It's not an original Jungle Love, so who is the artist of this shawl?

I read the description again, there was an oxumoron phrase that confuses me completely "The measurement is full size 70"x 58" inches square".
The sizes point at pareo description, but the first picture shows a square.
Could anyone bring some enlitement? I am interested in the shawl, not pareo and would like to know if it exists.