Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

I just got this scarf - a friend picked it up for me at the recent H sale in New York. I am sure that is where this one came from as well...this seller has listed several scarves that were designs known to be at the sale and they bear "S" stamps. As Seton mentioned, the seller does not mention what that means. I have no problem wearing a scarf with an "S" stamp, though I must say that my friend took care to get one with such a faint stamp that is not even visible after I rubbed on it a bit! This one, however is clearly noticeable. The major issue for me with sale scarves is that some of them are overstock but some of them are damages - my friend who is also a scarf collector checked mine over thoroughly before buying it for me. With a seller that you don't know, you can't be sure that was done so you do run the risk of getting a scarf which is damaged (even though it is new!).:cursing:

This seller sells authentic. HOWEVER, this seller is known for showing a picture of the sale "s" stamp without a mention or explanation in the text. As long as you are fine with that, go for it. Grand Roue is so often faked that you HAVE to buy it from a seller who specializes in H scarves.

I would pass as well...this seller is very controversial on the scarf boards as well. You will see this scarf again, it is not super rare and it is not one of the super popular ones that regularly goes at prices above retail. I'll keep my eyes peeled!:tup:

I personally would pass. It's not especially popular on eBay and could be gotten for less.

Also, there has been lots of discussion about this seller on TPF. Did you do a search? She is also referred by the intials "TPRB" here

I would pass as well...this seller is very controversial on the scarf boards as well. You will see this scarf again, it is not super rare and it is not one of the super popular ones that regularly goes at prices above retail. I'll keep my eyes peeled!:tup:
thanks so much seton and Luvbolide! just the expertise i was hoping to hear from on this great new thread. i will hope for a better deal/seller then; i thought it was not readily available in this colorway. i don't mind being unpopular :nogood:

Voitures hippomobiles translates as horse drawn carriages ie a description of what is on teh scarf rather than the title but it is the Ex Libris design

Lots of scarf sellers do that for the untitled ones

You really need to email Opportunities and ask why they are calling it that. Technically, only they know why.

I will say tho that Ex-Libris is an untitled scarf and it's been my experience from 10 yrs on eBay that loads of sellers like to make up names. I have this exact same scarf (90cm navy/black, it's from the last time H offered it in 90cm silk twill, let me know if you want a pic of my scarf) and nowhere does it say "Voitures Hippomobiles" on it. And from what I can tell from Opportunities's pic, their scarf dont either.

on the sucbject of sellers, is it OK to give one's opinion, or just say that I have one & PM me if more info is desired ?

PS I have one on Opportunities, designerbrat & TPRB

Great thread Seton BTW

I would pass on any scarf that is sold at a price above retail unless one knows FOR CERTAIN to be uber rare or desired eg Rencontre Oceance

That design, for ex was in good supply at the recent sales for about $220

There some sellers that seem to need to always add a catchword to their sales : rare, HTF, best cw etc and they do that on every scarf and sometimes their inventiry is quite, yawn !, pedestrian

So you're smart to ask about how HTF it is

I personally would pass. It's not especially popular on eBay and could be gotten for less.

Also, there has been lots of discussion about this seller on TPF. Did you do a search? She is also referred by the intials "TPRB" here

I was browsing Ebay for a blue THE PASSAGE A TOKYO scarf and I got 2 results. They are both blue but one seems darker than the other, and one has a black tag while the other has a white one. Did Hermes release the same scarf in 2 different shades of blue or are they the same colour but the picture is taken under a different light (that wouldn't explain the tags in different though)? Do you know which year this scarf was released? Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-scarf-de-passage-a-Tokyo-blue-X-silver_W0QQitemZ400002539811QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item400002539811&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A3%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Authentic-H...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:3|65:12|39:2|240:1318

I adore this, and have asked for a closeup photo(s) of the "worst" area(s) such as hem mentioned in listing. I was wondering what the scarf connaisseuses here think about this... Is the edition, specialness in the description accurate? Any familiarity with the seller as knowledgeable, with integrity? tia
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230303164135&_trksid=p2759.l1259

The design is called "Paddock". It is indeed very old but this design was reissued in 2004 so it's readily avail in different colorways altho beware that it's often faked.

As for this seller, their feedback is a good indication and they are very controversial on all the scarf forums. Caveat Emptor.

Last edited:
I was browsing Ebay for a blue THE PASSAGE A TOKYO scarf and I got 2 results. They are both blue but one seems darker than the other, and one has a black tag while the other has a white one. Did Hermes release the same scarf in 2 different shades of blue or are they the same colour but the picture is taken under a different light (that wouldn't explain the tags in different though)? Do you know which year this scarf was released? Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-scarf-de-passage-a-Tokyo-blue-X-silver_W0QQitemZ400002539811QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item400002539811&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A3%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Authentic-Hermes-DE-PASSAGE-A-TOKYO-silk-scarf-35cm_W0QQitemZ120320308813QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120320308813&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1318

They are two different colorways.

The scarf was introduced worldwide in Spring 2007. Before that, it was only available in Tokyo.

Please read the first post in this thread again. If you used one of the 2 databases that I gave the link to in that post, you could easily have found out the date for yourself.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with this mystery scarf? In this pic (post 2251), the scarf is described as Hermes but with no name. Someone suggested Tiuga but I can't match it up to any of the colorways, at least not from the H website or boutiques. This actress is also pretty petite so then I thought it might be a 70cm. I've been searching for a dk. blue/orange scarf to go with my Indigo bag and this pic keeps coming back to me...any ideas? Thanks!!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/asian-women-and-their-birkins-7526-151.html