Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

I posted my previous reply without realizing this is a brand new thread (got here by search LOL) - love it, thanks seton :tup:

Question - where should we post questions about authenticity e.g. auctions on ebay?
Here or on the general 'Authenticate This Hermes' thread?
It may get confusing very soon and we'll see more double posts in both so I thought we should establish this now :thinking: Personally I like seton's original approach and wouldn't ask authenticity questions here.

seton, what do you think?

Reactions: Marmota
I just posted my reply on the other thread; in case you missed it:

Hi LeMonde, I appreciate your response! When I click on the link, for some reason it shows "no results"? i also tried a tpf search, under the 6308080, but all i find are my posts and the replies, nothing previous. Thanks for being so understanding about navigation, yes it is a little confusing at first! :ty:

Thank you Seton! I was never really interested in scarves before now, but it's hard to deny the gravitational pull, no??:P

It's referred to as Ex-Libris. Please note that this is a very very old version. It doesnt have the grave or the hyphen between the "HERMES" and the "PARIS" as modern versions do. I personally would not go over $80-100 for this one but it's up to you.

My info on the design can be found here
http://hermesology.wordpress.com/2008/09/20/ex-libris-1946/

It's referred to by the words on the bottom right - La Reale.

This is reissued about every 5 yrs or so by H.

helloooooooooooooow seton! i hope this isn't OT, but do you know how i can register on the luxury scarves forum? i have tried for days and the link doesn't work. i thought that for scarf seller and auth. questions i wouldn't post on the purse auth thread here. OR do you want this new sticky to serve that purpose? sorry if i haven't read enough to know if these questions of mine have been already answered.

helloooooooooooooow seton! i hope this isn't OT, but do you know how i can register on the luxury scarves forum? i have tried for days and the link doesn't work. i thought that for scarf seller and auth. questions i wouldn't post on the purse auth thread here. OR do you want this new sticky to serve that purpose? sorry if i haven't read enough to know if these questions of mine have been already answered.

I do find this OT but here is the register link

http://www.luxury-scarves.com/forum/register.php

Too true, CB, we don't really get seasons, but I still wouldn't trade Turkey Day in shorts and t-shirts! That said, I am powerless to deny the Pumpkin! I took at look at the scarf library and found the other gorgeous colorways (red, blue). As I said originally, I'M SUNK! Thanks for the link!!:heart:

good luck!!! I always thought I would get that for fall if i lived somewhere where there actually was fall.......

hi! i believe this is authentic and from a good seller. my question is about its rarity/value. it's the most beautiful scarf to me and i would love to buy it -- just checking with the experts, if it's a smart value at $400? I realize the answers are somewhat subjective, so I'd just like your opinions please. tia
http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-SILK-SCARF-SHAWL-SUGAR-PINK-FLORAL-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ170273174937QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170273174937&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

hi! i believe this is authentic and from a good seller. my question is about its rarity/value. it's the most beautiful scarf to me and i would love to buy it -- just checking with the experts, if it's a smart value at $400? I realize the answers are somewhat subjective, so I'd just like your opinions please. tia
http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-SILK-SCARF-SHAWL-SUGAR-PINK-FLORAL-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ170273174937QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170273174937&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I personally would pass. It's not especially popular on eBay and could be gotten for less.

Also, there has been lots of discussion about this seller on TPF. Did you do a search? She is also referred by the intials "TPRB" here