Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

Not sure if this is correct place to ask, but a friend has been working to identify the component scarfs that comprise the eggs in Couvee d'Hermes (Caty Latham 1994) and has hit an impasse. Kindly requesting the assistance of those so familiarly aquainted with the entire body of H cares to weigh in on the details of the few still unidentified?
*If it's not too much to ask also please specify area of scarf that the detail derives from? (some have been very tiny)

If this is incorrect place to ask, please direct me to appropriate thread?
Thank you in advance :smile:

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 137
  • egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 138
  • flower.jpg
    flower.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 138
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 138
  • Goose.jpg
    Goose.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 143
Not sure if this is correct place to ask, but a friend has been working to identify the component scarfs that comprise the eggs in Couvee d'Hermes (Caty Latham 1994) and has hit an impasse. Kindly requesting the assistance of those so familiarly aquainted with the entire body of H cares to weigh in on the details of the few still unidentified?
*If it's not too much to ask also please specify area of scarf that the detail derives from? (some have been very tiny)

I think Geoff just did this on his Facebook page. I can’t link from my phone.

I appreciate your kind words
It would be fun to do so but impossible due to copyright restrictions, the legal Kabuki dance is not my thing I WANT to give credit, but it is so mind numbingly tedious to do so.
I know a lot from the Hermes books, magazines booklets - it certainly appears that H does not grant authorization for use, they hoard it for themselves.
But honestly, I may have 5-10 references for a design, wow, that is a lot of stuff for which to secure authorization.
And, in some cases, I have noted my source (in my notes) but the link is no longer valid. Ex: a lot of magazine archives used to be available online, openly, but the publisher went into receivership a few years ago. So now, I have electronic magazine clippings and no way to attribute.
PS when we discuss H stuff here, we always flirt with violating their copyrights, they put up with it only to the extent that it helps their sales
Would love to
I appreciate your kind words
It would be fun to do so but impossible due to copyright restrictions, the legal Kabuki dance is not my thing I WANT to give credit, but it is so mind numbingly tedious to do so.
I know a lot from the Hermes books, magazines booklets - it certainly appears that H does not grant authorization for use, they hoard it for themselves.
But honestly, I may have 5-10 references for a design, wow, that is a lot of stuff for which to secure authorization.
And, in some cases, I have noted my source (in my notes) but the link is no longer valid. Ex: a lot of magazine archives used to be available online, openly, but the publisher went into receivership a few years ago. So now, I have electronic magazine clippings and no way to attribute.
PS when we discuss H stuff here, we always flirt with violating their copyrights, they put up with it only to the extent that it helps their sales
Fascinating re: copyrights. I’m curious if you’re referring to images from H publications or with respect to even quoting their websites (in general I see that the posters do attribute, even if not Chicago/APA/etc styles). Would be happy to take this into a PM if you were so inclined.

Would love to

Fascinating re: copyrights. I’m curious if you’re referring to images from H publications or with respect to even quoting their websites (in general I see that the posters do attribute, even if not Chicago/APA/etc styles). Would be happy to take this into a PM if you were so inclined.
I was referring generically to referencing any info, not specifically to any one type eg books by third parties not just H, press releases, info from many countries subject to diverse copyright laws, web sites - which change faster than one can write down the link ....
And my comment was aimed at a hypothetical collection of info not necessarily here, the question had been about writing a book
CIting info here versus in a book - different issues
It is surely OK to insert a link to a web page here, although that is bad form (yet, I have done it, mea culpa) since it takes you off the TPF site and you go elsewhere which is not the goal of TPF, the goal of most sites is to keep you there not send you elsewhere

Last edited:
I was referring generically to referencing any info, not specifically to any one type eg books by third parties not just H, press releases, info from many countries subject to diverse copyright laws, web sites - which change faster than one can write down the link ....
And my comment was aimed at a hypothetical collection of info not necessarily here, the question had been about writing a book
CIting info here versus in a book - different issues
It is surely OK to insert a link to a web page here, although that is bad form (yet, I have done it, mea culpa) since it takes you off the TPF site and you go elsewhere which is not the goal of TPF, the goal of most sites is to keep you there not send you elsewhere
I concur, it is a minefield. I come from the academic sphere re: writing and "educational" use can sometimes be pretty broad and convenient. having said that who knows what has changed even overnight. :confused1::smile:

@marietouchet, @momasaurus
These are the 5 eggs Geoff hasn’t yet identified and suggestions from elsewhere have dried up.
Is it possible to have carre experts here help identify these puzzlers?
I truly appreciate any & all assistance :smile: