Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hi everyone. I’ve had this B40 for 3 years and only used it a handful of times. I saw her slouching a little today in the closet and pulled it down. Noticed the pocket was torn. Can this spontaneously happen? I haven’t used it for 3 months and it’s locked in my closet behind a case with my 2 other Birkin bags (I have them stuffed with the original paper to save the shape) Ive never dealt with this before so I assume I’m calling the store and driving to Houston to leave her off for repairs?

You may have a mystery to solve at your house, but no, it is unlikely that a pocket would spontaneously tear itself while sitting undisturbed on a shelf. Yes, if you want it repaired you will have to take it to your boutique. Personally, (and this is just me) I would just stick to the facts when you take the bag in. It will not matter how long you have owned it or how many times you have used it, or whether the bag was on a shelf, locked away or behind bulletproof glass. I’d just let them know you have a torn pocket and you’d like to have it repaired. They will fill out a form and give you an idea of what to expect. You’ll get a quote from Paris, which you may accept, and your bag will come back ready for its next adventure.

Just sharing another spa experience here on a smaller item. I brought in one of my Dwich bracelets (in Raisin, made 2003) to redo the resin. They redid the resin and recolored and gave the hardware a light polish and it came to $50 USD. Bracelet looks amazing too :love:

BEFORE:
1650591751578.jpeg

AFTER:
1650591764254.jpeg

(sorry the photos aren't equivalent and hard to compare)

Hi everyone. I’ve had this B40 for 3 years and only used it a handful of times. I saw her slouching a little today in the closet and pulled it down. Noticed the pocket was torn. Can this spontaneously happen? I haven’t used it for 3 months and it’s locked in my closet behind a case with my 2 other Birkin bags (I have them stuffed with the original paper to save the shape) Ive never dealt with this before so I assume I’m calling the store and driving to Houston to leave her off for repairs?

That is awful. I don't think a pocket can just tear on its own like that if it is properly sewn. Let us know what Hermes says.

Hi everyone, I need your opinion regarding my Constance 18 I just got new from boutique last month.
First time I used it yesterday and I noticed the stitching on the right side has a small crack/ slash on the side to where the stitching is. I'm not really sure if it's a crack or the hole just stretched from the thread stitching. I'm worried the crack might grow bigger in time or is this normal to C18 stitching?

IMG_2488.jpg

Hi everyone, I need your opinion regarding my Constance 18 I just got new from boutique last month.
First time I used it yesterday and I noticed the stitching on the right side has a small crack/ slash on the side to where the stitching is. I'm not really sure if it's a crack or the hole just stretched from the thread stitching. I'm worried the crack might grow bigger in time or is this normal to C18 stitching?

View attachment 5393465

If it were me I wouldn’t accept that bag. Can’t believe it made it out of France. Looks like poorly tanned leather that dried out. Looking through the forums, you’ll see posts about “cracks” in Togo that are just veins, but in epsom, it’s a solid piece of leather that gets embossed. Shouldn’t “crack”

If it were me I wouldn’t accept that bag. Can’t believe it made it out of France. Looks like poorly tanned leather that dried out. Looking through the forums, you’ll see posts about “cracks” in Togo that are just veins, but in epsom, it’s a solid piece of leather that gets embossed. Shouldn’t “crack”

The box was still sealed, shrink-wrapped with plastic when my SA opened it so the bag definitely left France in this condition.:sad:
I will show it to my SA to let her know and what to do. thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Here’s another pic. The crack looks “subtle” when shot from afar.
7716B068-D44A-47B1-B5CE-F6E2D44AFB6C.jpeg

Last edited:
My Kelly just came back from the spa; 11 weeks and a total cost of $398 for a general clean-up (bag is from 2005 and was never spa'd before). The SA told me that all white bags go to Paris even if there is an artisan on-site or in the country; she said white is very difficult to work with so they always send it off. I found this interesting. My bag isn't white, but I found this tidbit interesting :smile:

View attachment 5393465
I will be surprised if Hermes think anything is the matter here. All Constance bags are double stitched in this place because it is an area of tension in the bag due to stress of bending when it is opened and closed. The little tear is probably due to over tightening of stitching, but it is a common thing to see.

Not only do you have to take the bag to Hermes, you also must pick it up (or advise Hermes of the name of someone authorized to pick it up on your behalf) when it returns from spa/refurbishing. No shipping either to or from Hermes for this service. I did this recently at Hermes Madison and this definitely is how it works there.