Hermes Policy on Holding Items

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
Hi all! Apologies if there is already a thread for this; I did a search and couldn't find one on it. I am planning on purchasing my first H bag, an Evelyne PM, this summer. I will be living in another city for the summer, which does has multiple H boutiques, but would prefer to purchase the bag from the boutique in the city I live in for most of the year, where I have a relationship with an SA and the SM. Additionally, the boutique in the city I am in now does not have state sales tax, while the one in the city for this summer has rather high sales tax. I would save a few hundred dollars if I could buy in my preferred boutique. However, if I tell my SA to please be on the look out for the bag in a particular color, and it comes in during the middle of the week (while I would only be able to travel there on the weekends), would the boutique be able to hold the bag until I can get there? Is there a blanket company policy on holding items, or does it depend on the boutique, or even on the client? Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
I Had been hold a bag for few months after I paid full 100% deposit. Before I built up my relationship with my SA, she asks me to send 100% deposit within 24 hours so she could hold the bag for me, which I did and she hold it for 2 months until I flew over. After I had a relationship with her, she can hold small items such as belt and wallets for me for few months until my visit without a deposit, however I would still pay 100% deposit for bags if I want to hold them till I arrived.

I am not sure does all store or SAs does this, my SA is very very lovely. Just sharing my personal experience. HTH

I Had been hold a bag for few months after I paid full 100% deposit. Before I built up my relationship with my SA, she asks me to send 100% deposit within 24 hours so she could hold the bag for me, which I did and she hold it for 2 months until I flew over. After I had a relationship with her, she can hold small items such as belt and wallets for me for few months until my visit without a deposit, however I would still pay 100% deposit for bags if I want to hold them till I arrived.

I am not sure does all store or SAs does this, my SA is very very lovely. Just sharing my personal experience. HTH

For an Evelyne I would think they would hold several days at least :smile: but just tell your SA "I'm spending the summer in xxxx but would of course prefer to buy from you, if the bag comes in can you hold for a few days?"

You seem to have a nice relationship with both the SA & SM.. why not just explain the circumstances in an honest manner
& see if they will accommodate you. Most SA's appreciate a client being candid

Thank you! Yes, I will definitely be upfront when the time comes. I just didn't want to ask if there was a general corporate policy of not being able to hold items for a certain amount of time, or at all.

Every boutique is so different depending on your relationship with them so do ask and be candid as suggested. At FSH where I have shopped the longest, they will hold without any payment until I can visit. They do understand that work and family commitments come before Hermes! :amuse:

Reactions: Hermezzy