Hermes Policy on Holding Items

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
Hi all! Apologies if there is already a thread for this; I did a search and couldn't find one on it. I am planning on purchasing my first H bag, an Evelyne PM, this summer. I will be living in another city for the summer, which does has multiple H boutiques, but would prefer to purchase the bag from the boutique in the city I live in for most of the year, where I have a relationship with an SA and the SM. Additionally, the boutique in the city I am in now does not have state sales tax, while the one in the city for this summer has rather high sales tax. I would save a few hundred dollars if I could buy in my preferred boutique. However, if I tell my SA to please be on the look out for the bag in a particular color, and it comes in during the middle of the week (while I would only be able to travel there on the weekends), would the boutique be able to hold the bag until I can get there? Is there a blanket company policy on holding items, or does it depend on the boutique, or even on the client? Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
I Had been hold a bag for few months after I paid full 100% deposit. Before I built up my relationship with my SA, she asks me to send 100% deposit within 24 hours so she could hold the bag for me, which I did and she hold it for 2 months until I flew over. After I had a relationship with her, she can hold small items such as belt and wallets for me for few months until my visit without a deposit, however I would still pay 100% deposit for bags if I want to hold them till I arrived.

I am not sure does all store or SAs does this, my SA is very very lovely. Just sharing my personal experience. HTH

Jan 15, 2011
For an Evelyne I would think they would hold several days at least :smile: but just tell your SA "I'm spending the summer in xxxx but would of course prefer to buy from you, if the bag comes in can you hold for a few days?"

Apr 15, 2007
You seem to have a nice relationship with both the SA & SM.. why not just explain the circumstances in an honest manner
& see if they will accommodate you. Most SA's appreciate a client being candid

Reactions: PJW5813

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
I Had been hold a bag for few months after I paid full 100% deposit. Before I built up my relationship with my SA, she asks me to send 100% deposit within 24 hours so she could hold the bag for me, which I did and she hold it for 2 months until I flew over. After I had a relationship with her, she can hold small items such as belt and wallets for me for few months until my visit without a deposit, however I would still pay 100% deposit for bags if I want to hold them till I arrived.

I am not sure does all store or SAs does this, my SA is very very lovely. Just sharing my personal experience. HTH
For an Evelyne I would think they would hold several days at least :smile: but just tell your SA "I'm spending the summer in xxxx but would of course prefer to buy from you, if the bag comes in can you hold for a few days?"
You seem to have a nice relationship with both the SA & SM.. why not just explain the circumstances in an honest manner
& see if they will accommodate you. Most SA's appreciate a client being candid
Thank you! Yes, I will definitely be upfront when the time comes. I just didn't want to ask if there was a general corporate policy of not being able to hold items for a certain amount of time, or at all.

Dec 28, 2007
Jardin sur Le Toit
Every boutique is so different depending on your relationship with them so do ask and be candid as suggested. At FSH where I have shopped the longest, they will hold without any payment until I can visit. They do understand that work and family commitments come before Hermes! :amuse:

Reactions: Hermezzy