Hermes melbourne~

Hi all,

I have been a regular at Chaddy with a SA, and she had resigned. Decided to go with this new SA who is someone of a senior position.

Bought approximately $10k plus worth of goods so far and I have not been offered any bags in the store.

For regular items, I have tried asking for availability and was told that there’s no stock and there’s nothing she could do.

what would you guys do? I’m on the verge of writing a formal complaint not because there’s no bags being offered , but I’m not expecting a “buy and go” service from a luxury store. I’m not looking for personalised service either but I would expect at least a follow up or a recommendation of another design if such stock isn’t available.

what would you guys do? Also, is there such a thing as “stock team” or just an excuse by the SA? :smile:
I think we prob had the same SA who resigned

There is a 'stock team' who don't work on the sales floor, they work at the back finding items and processing e-commerce items to be shipped out if it's located at that store and they count the stock and scan them into the system so SA's can check their console and know whats currently available. Abit more administration based. A friend's SA moved into that position and apparently her previous SA enjoyed doing that more then meeting her KPI targets on the sales floor.

Hi I am visiting Melbourne & Sydney and have very limited time - I wanted to know if there is an online appointment link to make an appointment or do I have to call or walk in to make an appt for a chance to shop & ask for a bag ?

Hello fellow Melbournians! Looking for some advice/direction/hope.

I have purchased several things from Hermes over the years, things that I love, without necessarily seeking to build a relationship with one particular store or SA. Purchases have been a combination of in store and online.

I recently returned from Paris and after scoring a lottery appointment I have caught the Hermes QB bug.

I am thinking of putting in some effort into building a relationship with an SA at the Collins Street store as I still have many things on my wishlist so I figured why not.

I was curious as to people’s experience with SA’s at the Collins Street Store and their QB offers. I would say I am an ‘average’ customer that buys items consistently throughout the year across shoes, scarves, SLGs, homewares and other accessories.

Would appreciate any insights and thanks in advance!

To my understanding they prefer larger transactions due to competition. This was direct from an SA but who knows if it is just limited to 1. By larger we are talking jewellery and rtw over 20k. As much as others overseas say work on the relationship, I feel it's hard here. Inventory seems lower in Australia and I know of spends 3:1 and up with no QB offers. Some SAs will be direct and say, if you buy this $xx,xxx piece of jewellery there will be a chance I can get you a B/K/C.

I have purchased several things from Hermes over the years, things that I love, without necessarily seeking to build a relationship with one particular store or SA. Purchases have been a combination of in store and online.

I recently returned from Paris and after scoring a lottery appointment I have caught the Hermes QB bug.

I am thinking of putting in some effort into building a relationship with an SA at the Collins Street store as I still have many things on my wishlist so I figured why not.

I was curious as to people’s experience with SA’s at the Collins Street Store and their QB offers. I would say I am an ‘average’ customer that buys items consistently throughout the year across shoes, scarves, SLGs, homewares and other accessories.

Reactions: needlv
To my understanding they prefer larger transactions due to competition. This was direct from an SA but who knows if it is just limited to 1. By larger we are talking jewellery and rtw over 20k. As much as others overseas say work on the relationship, I feel it's hard here. Inventory seems lower in Australia and I know of spends 3:1 and up with no QB offers. Some SAs will be direct and say, if you buy this $xx,xxx piece of jewellery there will be a chance I can get you a B/K/C.
Thanks so much for your insights. I suspected that it is harder here given low volume of stores and overall inventory, albeit disappointing to have my suspicions confirmed.

I like that some SA’s are upfront - I genuinely do love Hermes products but I am not sure I would be willing to buy random items in the hopes of getting a QB (I assume is not 100% guaranteed).

3:1 spend with no QB offer is seriously disheartening! I can understand why many people in Aus opt for the reseller route.

Reactions: needlv
My best starting advice would be to go to the boutique find a newish SA (6 months or less) and be honest with them about the bag you want and the time frame you want. Ask them for their email/phone to communicate with them. Every SA has a preferred method on contact and if you ask for this at the first meeting you can build a relationship quicker.
Thank you so much for your reply
Im fortune enough to find my SA. Surprisingly I thought you only allow to email. Interesting

I have not yet got a quota bag but I have got offered a lot of bags. If I keep buying non-quote bags, will it also reduce my chance to get a quota bag?

Hi H lovers, please help a brand new H newbie with your experience

I'm interstate and have been super lucky to have struck a really good working relationship with an SA in Collins Street over Xmas. She's been super helpful in helping me secure various items and ship them to me.

Just wondering, can SAs order in items from the website and still have it count towards my spend + their commission? My SA told me I could order from the website freely myself since they don't have it in store + the online shop works differently. She's so nice that I just want to support her so I've opted to wait until the store has it in stock.

I read in other country H SA's could help secure the items online, and still get credit for it.

Thanks!

Looking to get my ideal first Quota bag of Birkin 30 Noir Rose gold hardware, Epsom or Togo. Can anyone tell me from personal experience the actual price in AUD of a bag like that? By googling price guides it looks like 11-15k AUD but on the resale market for 23-26k. Is that right?!! Or are they actually much more expensive new?

Looking to get my ideal first Quota bag of Birkin 30 Noir Rose gold hardware, Epsom or Togo. Can anyone tell me from personal experience the actual price in AUD of a bag like that? By googling price guides it looks like 11-15k AUD but on the resale market for 23-26k. Is that right?!! Or are they actually much more expensive new?
Hey, when I purchased my Birkin 30 in 2020 it was about $16.5k Aud retail. There was a price increase earlier this year so it’s probably closer to $18k now

Did you manage to get a QB at your Paris lottery appointment?

Does any Melbournian have any story (good or bad) that they can share on their insurer (for H collection, arts, jewelleries, etc)..
Any tips, advice,.. would be appreciated

I'm weighing the pros and cons of either chubb or contents.. but I'm also considering sdb too

Just a note, I don't have any yet, I'm doing my due dilligence after watching a video about someone's collection that was robbed.

Thanks
Hi, a very late reply to your post but hopefully still helpful. We went through a similar process last year after seeing the number of break-ins happening.

After comparing our options we have my handbags specifically listed on our existing contents insurance, but thankfully I've never had to make any claims.