Hermes melbourne~

naughtymanolo

FYI I am a guy
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
I stumbled upon this on another site it was apparently in the newspaper:
i guess all of our syndey sale stock was flown down to you guys! (ha you get the left overs:yes:)

"Fans of French fashion house Hermes take note. The luxury label is hosting a sale not to be missed. From Thursday, the Collins Street store will slash up to 60% off spring/summer '06 ready-to-wear collections, 40% off autumn/winter ready-to-wear '06 stock, with further reductions on handbags and accessories.

The Hermes sale runs from Thursday, August 2, to Friday, August 10 (excluding Sunday) at 115-119 Collins St. Tel: 9654 5571."

Our one had alot of Hermbags and canvas totes, a few leather bags (obviously no really famous ones) there was a whitebus in raisin, and a chcoloate togo/toile plume luggage set (which was discounted to $5000 per suitcase) um some bits and peices, a few small leather goods, only in black and gold, hapi-eque braclets (all sorts of buckles and lengths) few belts, some shoes and didnt look at RTW.

If its our sale i really doubt it will be held in the shop, only pure RTW sales are at the store (and its really odd that its leaked to the press) I would ring the store to make sure of the location, be prepared for a competition. geeze there will be nothing left to travel the rest of the country.

i finally went to the Hermes sale in melbourne today, nothing particularly caught my eyes. RTWs were boring, saw two pretty nice men shoes but didn't have my size, bunch of different sizes canvas bag selling for very cheap price-AU$380, but they looked pretty bad....saw big travel luggage called Victoria(toile/clemance), it was huge!!quite nice too, i liked it. From AU$5600ish reduced to AU$2800ish. However, i don't need anymore luggage at the moment. Saw some Garden party on sale too, i didn't see the price. Overall, the sale was pretty ....average....or should i say...boring? Well, atleast i got to save some money before my next purchase.lol.

I know theres a sydney thread but im from melbourne so any pf members from melbourne? let us know of ur experiences? how long it took u to get your HG? how u built your relationship with ur SA? as I am new to Hermes and thinking of acquiring a Birkin...I know that i cannot just simply walk into the Boutique and slap 30grand on the table and walk out with it..any advice?

anyone? ;)

I purchased 2 birkin from Melbourne store. the Manager is very nice and helpful. I managed to buy both birkin without waitlist.

but you do need to deal with the manager for birkin order or purchase

did u get both birkins because they were on display yahh??
hrmm im quite intimidated to go order my birkin..especially when ppl say melbourne store isnt the best customer service.

na they both not on display. the first one.. i was ask for it and they had one at the back..

the 2nd one.. i am keeping regular contact with store and when I called up they have 1 available.

i got the courage to walk into hermes today n placed my name down for waiting list n i dealt with suzie...nice lady i guess...no bad customer service or anything...just felt a lil rushed but alll goood...all i gotta do now is wait for that call in jan for the update but for now its around a 3 year wait as im not even on their wait list yet..lol sighhhh..2011 is when i will get it i guess...

hmm

I placed my order with suzie at 2006 and no news yet.. well she did offer me a few other color or bags but not quite what I want..

and I got the bag from another store already.

yea.. i ordered 2 bag at 2006 and she did call me a few times at 2007 and 2008 regards to other color....

i think you will need to be proactive and call her more frequent .. instead of waiting for her to call ( just my case anyway) :P what did u order?

lol i think im intimidated to even call as would that seem pesty?? just a question..how come u order in melbourne and not sydney (as i think thats where ur from)?
I ordered gold togo with gold h/w...suzie said that what i ordered is not a combo that come in often so it might need to be ordered but they will call me in jan..she took down my details and told me it would be around 12.5k
the waitlist that would be open in july..do they call u before they put ur name down for order??

I saw a girl today in chadstone shopping centre..she had the gold togo 35cm with gold h/w..i chased her down and questioned her about where she got her birkin from hoping she could gmme some insight..but she told me she got it from a consignment store in hk! couldnt help but stare lolll she probably thought i was a faaaaaaarekkk hahaha

you may get lucky at the melbourne boutique but H prices in australia are much higher
compared to prices overseas i.e. US, paris, hongkong, etc.

I chanced upon a 35cm blue brighton porosus birkin on the shelf in the boutique in april...
lucky it was not my colour 'coz the price was AUD $ 55,900.00 :faint:

this is also the reason why I get my H bags overseas and just get bits and
pieces when I am in melbourne and really crave for a dose of H ;)

I have been away but will be back in december
and will check out the boutique then :wlae::wlae::wlae:

kind regards!

you may get lucky at the melbourne boutique but H prices in australia are much higher
compared to prices overseas i.e. US, paris, hongkong, etc.

I chanced upon a 35cm blue brighton porosus birkin on the shelf in the boutique in april...
lucky it was not my colour 'coz the price was AUD $ 55,900.00 :faint:

this is also the reason why I get my H bags overseas and just get bits and
pieces when I am in melbourne and really crave for a dose of H ;)

I have been away but will be back in december
and will check out the boutique then :wlae::wlae::wlae:

kind regards!

see ur lucky u travel around and have that option..if i did than i would buy my bags overseas too..oh wellls my male friend just said 'the things u girls do for handbags' lol

i ordered my bag from her store 2 yrs ago , that time i was living outside Australia and I was visiting Melbourne for holiday only. I also ordered from gold coast store too but I never have luck with sydney store. I've been to the store a few times to pick up my birkin or have a look and I found the sales arent that helpful.

and I am happy to deal with suzie.

hmm usually they will not call me before they place an order.. i deal with them through email or phone mainly and when I placed an order, I assume this is done..