Hermes in Vancouver, B.C.

My DH went at lunch and there was still enamel bracelets, shoes, gloves and cashmere hats. Still had to wait in line for 5-10 min . He said it was fairly picked over by that time.

Went after work today, very picked over with very little sizes left though you may have some luck on gloves - many left STARTING around the $400 mark.

Be careful of the enamel bracelets, I didn't notice until closer inspection, but they scratched out the Hermes name on the inside and outside of the bracelets! I'm not talking about a marker either, it looks like they took a sharp knife/narrow pointed tool and tried to mutilate the brand name on it. Put them back immediately.

I was there at 950am this morning and the line up was crazy! I have never had to wait so long!!! By the time I got in, it was Sooooooooooooo packed to the point where I can't get through the crowd to find any items. Everything was picked and held by people.

There was lots of leather bracelets, ravale, hapi bracelets etc. Lots and lots of enamel. Yes the inside of the enamels were scratched by them purposely to determine sale vs non-sale items.

There were beach towels, which were all gone right away.

Lots and lots of shoes, Kelly jumping boots, Oran .

I managed to score some shoes and bracelets! :smile:

hi people in vancity, im going there in late august and im wondering if its difficult to get rodeo charms there?? thanks a lot in advance!

Hi there! I don't go to the H store here too often, maybe once or twice every two months or so, but I have actually never seen the charm on display in Vancouver unfortunately :sad:

ohhh :sad: thats a bummer. do you think the canadian store is worth a visit as a tourist then?

Not really. Unless you have a sales there, it's very hard to get a thing in Vancouver.

Charms are very hard, especially rodeos, many people with sales are waiting for rodeos here.

However I have seen framboise cdc phw on display for purchase, which is very rare. :smile:

ohhh :sad: thats a bummer. do you think the canadian store is worth a visit as a tourist then?

If you live in the states, the US dollar is so strong, so it's worth a try! I went to the Vancouver store today and they had (that I can remember):

- orange Evelyn TPM
- dark red CDC bracelet
- fern green CDC bracelet
- TONS of clic clacs in every color possible

Hi Ladies! I lurk here but don't post... just heard this morning about a pop-up store in Vancouver to showcase the construction of the Birkin.
On my mobile, so sorry if I can't paste it all. Wasn't sure where to put this so I cross-posted in the Hermes Chat thread as well.
Hope those of you close by can attend :flowers:
http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2016/08/24/hermes-artisans-to-visit-vancouver-for-demo

The company behind the Birkin and Kelly bags will be in Vancouver from Sept. 21-25 with 10 of their artisans demonstrating to the public how it manufactures the Hermes brand’s pricey products.

From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Hermes will be showcasing its work in a 5,000-square-foot, glass-walled enclosure at Jack Poole Plaza near Canada Place. It’s part of a travelling series called Hermes at Work that’s moved from city to city since 2011 — Vancouver will be the 35th location.

The company said the free event will accommodate several hundred people at a time inside its pop-up building. The whole point is to let attendees talk to the artisans throughout the product-making process.

French-to-English and French-to-Chinese translators will be on site.

As a few examples, visitors can expect to see a leather artisan create Constance and Kelly bags from start to finish, and an Allegro saddle from start to finish.

“Behind the smallest detail, there is a human being, guided by a watchful eye and pride in work well done,” the company said in a statement.

Over the five days, there will be nine types of crafts shown off, including silk printing, saddlemaking, gem setting, silk engraving, silk rolling, watchmaking, porcelain handpainting, glovemaking and leatherwork.

“Hermes is a house that evolves constantly while being deeply rooted in its values and savoir-faire. It is a house of creativity, craftsmanship and humanity,” Jennifer Carter, president and CEO of Hermes Canada, said in a statement.

“We are so delighted to share the experience of Hermès at Work in Vancouver against a stunning west coast backdrop of mountain and ocean.”

Thank you for letting us know!

Do you know if we need to get tickets or else?

Hi Ladies! I lurk here but don't post... just heard this morning about a pop-up store in Vancouver to showcase the construction of the Birkin.
On my mobile, so sorry if I can't paste it all. Wasn't sure where to put this so I cross-posted in the Hermes Chat thread as well.
http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2016/08/24/hermes-artisans-to-visit-vancouver-for-demo

The company behind the Birkin and Kelly bags will be in Vancouver from Sept. 21-25 with 10 of their artisans demonstrating to the public how it manufactures the Hermes brand’s pricey products.

From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Hermes will be showcasing its work in a 5,000-square-foot, glass-walled enclosure at Jack Poole Plaza near Canada Place. It’s part of a travelling series called Hermes at Work that’s moved from city to city since 2011 — Vancouver will be the 35th location.

The company said the free event will accommodate several hundred people at a time inside its pop-up building. The whole point is to let attendees talk to the artisans throughout the product-making process.

As a few examples, visitors can expect to see a leather artisan create Constance and Kelly bags from start to finish, and an Allegro saddle from start to finish.

“Behind the smallest detail, there is a human being, guided by a watchful eye and pride in work well done,” the company said in a statement.

Over the five days, there will be nine types of crafts shown off, including silk printing, saddlemaking, gem setting, silk engraving, silk rolling, watchmaking, porcelain handpainting, glovemaking and leatherwork.

“Hermes is a house that evolves constantly while being deeply rooted in its values and savoir-faire. It is a house of creativity, craftsmanship and humanity,” Jennifer Carter, president and CEO of Hermes Canada, said in a statement.

“We are so delighted to share the experience of Hermès at Work in Vancouver against a stunning west coast backdrop of mountain and ocean.”

So I hear there is a cocktail event prior to the actual exhibition; anyone attending???