Hermes in Toronto

Does anyone know why Hermes has started showing bags online as unavailable? I noticed it started yesterday.

It’s unclear if they were at some point available, just for eye candy, or they are/were available to reserve in store (Toronto or others in Canada).
I also find this very strange. Hermès Korea has been doing this for a while now, they have online display bags, wallets, and charms. It's basically the equivalent of bags on display in boutiques. These "for display only" bags/products are not for purchase unfortunately. I believe its more of a "look book" if you will, just to gain an understanding of the bag styles, colours, leathers, hardwares, and pricing of course (as H is kinda secretive about $, until they ring you up).

I also find this very strange. Hermès Korea has been doing this for a while now, they have online display bags, wallets, and charms. It's basically the equivalent of bags on display in boutiques. These "for display only" bags/products are not for purchase unfortunately. I believe its more of a "look book" if you will, just to gain an understanding of the bag styles, colours, leathers, hardwares, and pricing of course (as H is kinda secretive about $, until they ring you up).
Thank you! That is very strange.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker but first time poster. I have been shopping at H since mid 2022. I have been with my SA since early 2023 but only have been serious about a QB starting in November 2023. I put my wishlist for a first QB B30 neutral in November 2023.

My husband and I have spent $45K between November 2023 - April 2024 ($47k total if you count the small purchases prior to November). I have recently mentioned some future purchases I am planning for in the jewelry segment ($15K purchase) as it's my mother's 70th birthday in July. After that conversation, I asked if a "surprise" may be on my horizon sooner than later and the SA said that it will still be some time as it's too soon.

I do want to get this gift for my mother but I want to use that spend to build up my 2nd QB. Slight frustration is creeping up but I do love everything I bought at H. I have not asked/received other bags. I have never exchanged or returned anything. I have primarily shopped in RTW/Home/Jewelry.

I think if July comes around and the SA asks about my $15K purchase maybe I'll be straight forward about my thoughts? I don't know. I do have many more items to buy but I think it feels like we're in a "dealing" state in dating where I feel vulnerable LOL. I imagine it feels more like a secure SA relationship once you receive your first QB?

Does anyone know why Hermes has started showing bags online as unavailable? I noticed it started yesterday.

It’s unclear if they were at some point available, just for eye candy, or they are/were available to reserve in store (Toronto or others in Canada).
I think it is a global trend. Saw these "unavailable" items on other H websites. The way I understood is it is just an updated sticker on an item that was available for a second and then was bought, because these "unavailable" items are not online forever, but rather disappear in some time.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker but first time poster. I have been shopping at H since mid 2022. I have been with my SA since early 2023 but only have been serious about a QB starting in November 2023. I put my wishlist for a first QB B30 neutral in November 2023.

My husband and I have spent $45K between November 2023 - April 2024 ($47k total if you count the small purchases prior to November). I have recently mentioned some future purchases I am planning for in the jewelry segment ($15K purchase) as it's my mother's 70th birthday in July. After that conversation, I asked if a "surprise" may be on my horizon sooner than later and the SA said that it will still be some time as it's too soon.

I do want to get this gift for my mother but I want to use that spend to build up my 2nd QB. Slight frustration is creeping up but I do love everything I bought at H. I have not asked/received other bags. I have never exchanged or returned anything. I have primarily shopped in RTW/Home/Jewelry.

I think if July comes around and the SA asks about my $15K purchase maybe I'll be straight forward about my thoughts? I don't know. I do have many more items to buy but I think it feels like we're in a "dealing" state in dating where I feel vulnerable LOL. I imagine it feels more like a secure SA relationship once you receive your first QB?
Very speculative (also a first QB chaser here): my understanding is that H wants to see you as a long-standing client before offering you a bag, other posters shared here that H does not offer bags before 1 year of shopping. If you do not have much to buy immediately, you may wish to slow down your spending till you are offered a QB.
Given the current lawsuit, I do not think that bringing up the topic of buying a high-ticket item in anticipation of a coveted bag may play out particularly well.

I have empathy for you as you have spent a a ton but November 2023 is not that long ago. The store is really looking to build a longer term clientele especially in this economy. You don’t need to keep up the same level of spend but it’s going to take more time, loyalty and unfortunately more shopping or go the resale route.

Reactions: Bereal
Very speculative (also a first QB chaser here): my understanding is that H wants to see you as a long-standing client before offering you a bag, other posters shared here that H does not offer bags before 1 year of shopping. If you do not have much to buy immediately, you may wish to slow down your spending till you are offered a QB.
Given the current lawsuit, I do not think that bringing up the topic of buying a high-ticket item in anticipation of a coveted bag may play out particularly well.
Thanks for your input! Oddly enough I have shopped with this individual for longer than a year. Maybe they time it by the start of my wish?

I have empathy for you as you have spent a a ton but November 2023 is not that long ago. The store is really looking to build a longer term clientele especially in this economy. You don’t need to keep up the same level of spend but it’s going to take more time, loyalty and unfortunately more shopping or go the resale route.
Thank you for your input! I am guessing they time it by the start of the wishlist? I have been shopping with this SA for over a year now. H store account was created in mid 2022. So I am thinking my time prior to November was gone to waste :sad:

Thanks for your input! Oddly enough I have shopped with this individual for longer than a year. Maybe they time it by the start of my wish?

Thank you for your input! I am guessing they time it by the start of the wishlist? I have been shopping with this SA for over a year now. H store account was created in mid 2022. So I am thinking my time prior to November was gone to waste :sad:
In addition to the above, I believe what types of qb will also play a role in the wait, ie mk vs b30, gold on gold vs other less common colours.

In addition to the above, I believe what types of qb will also play a role in the wait, ie mk vs b30, gold on gold vs other less common colours.
Thanks for the reply! Wish was for a B30 in neutral and open to all leather/hardware combination. Felt that was an awesome versatile starting QB to have. Didn’t want to jump into the ultra competitive smaller bags just yet.

This is very strange as you have been shopping with this SA since early 2023. I'm guessing that you and your SA have a great relationship and click well before deciding to purchase $45,000 in 6 months. Assuming that everything has been done "correctly" regarding your shopping and wishlist bag request. I could only really see it being 2 things, either not senior/long-term enough, or you're asking for a spec that is very hard to come by. I suppose there could be a "long" line of clients who are asking for the same bag as you are, but your spend/relationship should definitely bump you up that imaginary list in your SA's head, making you one of his/her higher priority clients.

Can I ask what bag/spec are you asking for, if you don't mind sharing?

Personally, I would just lightly ask about your wishlist bag. Perhaps something along the lines of, "Any luck with my wishlist recently?". :smile:

This is very strange as you have been shopping with this SA since early 2023. I'm guessing that you and your SA have a great relationship and click well before deciding to purchase $45,000 in 6 months. Assuming that everything has been done "correctly" regarding your shopping and wishlist bag request. I could only really see it being 2 things, either not senior/long-term enough, or you're asking for a spec that is very hard to come by. I suppose there could be a "long" line of clients who are asking for the same bag as you are, but your spend/relationship should definitely bump you up that imaginary list in your SA's head, making you one of his/her higher priority clients.

Can I ask what bag/spec are you asking for, if you don't mind sharing?

Personally, I would just lightly ask about your wishlist bag. Perhaps something along the lines of, "Any luck with my wishlist recently?". :smile:
B30 neutral in any leather/hardware combination! Tried to stay away from ultra competitive smaller bags and wanted to give the SA options to work with.

I’ve done that and unfortunately was brushed with a “much too soon” and “will still be a while”.

Oh well lol.

B30 neutral in any leather/hardware combination! Tried to stay away from ultra competitive smaller bags and wanted to give the SA options to work with.

I’ve done that and unfortunately was brushed with a “much too soon” and “will still be a while”.

Oh well lol.
Hmm... that's interesting. That shouldn't be anything crazy difficult to get, especially as you're leaving it open ended. Could it be that you're too open ended and the SA doesn't want to play let me decide and find a good bag for this client? Perhaps your SA likes clients that can just tell him/her exactly what they want to the tee and will give you literally what you ask for. I know my SA is like that, she just does exactly what I want and it's a done deal, easy for her and me. However, I do know some SAs that do like to try and "impress" clients with things that they find that they might like better than their wishlist colours.

Side note: Since small/mini bags are the current trend, there are actually more small bags than larger bags in production and ordered by boutiques. You could strike up a conversation with your SA, and slide in B25, and ask if there is a higher chance of receiving a smaller Birkin over a larger Birkin in shipments.

Okay, that's very unfortunate that your SA responded with that. Would you be opposed to taking a break for a short while, 1-2 months. After that break, just pop in and politely ask again in a different way, "How is my profile looking for the B30?"

• Insightful
Reactions: hhyliu and Bereal

Oh well lol.
I hear you. I once got ‘oh… you are definitely ‘in line’. 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: Bereal and themk888
Hmm... that's interesting. That shouldn't be anything crazy difficult to get, especially as you're leaving it open ended. Could it be that you're too open ended and the SA doesn't want to play let me decide and find a good bag for this client? Perhaps your SA likes clients that can just tell him/her exactly what they want to the tee and will give you literally what you ask for. I know my SA is like that, she just does exactly what I want and it's a done deal, easy for her and me. However, I do know some SAs that do like to try and "impress" clients with things that they find that they might like better than their wishlist colours.

Side note: Since small/mini bags are the current trend, there are actually more small bags than larger bags in production and ordered by boutiques. You could strike up a conversation with your SA, and slide in B25, and ask if there is a higher chance of receiving a smaller Birkin over a larger Birkin in shipments.

Okay, that's very unfortunate that your SA responded with that. Would you be opposed to taking a break for a short while, 1-2 months. After that break, just pop in and politely ask again in a different way, "How is my profile looking for the B30?"
My experience is actually different. I was literally told a bigger bag is going to make my SA’s life easier. Imagine they each only get allocated to 2 b25, im just randomly throwing a number out, there may be 10 clients instead of 3 asking for the b25. So flipping flopping between choices may not be ideal. @queenspadinamcds As the others have suggested, maybe slow down a bit or else it will be very frustrating.