Hermes in Connecticut

Saw that display last week. I asked about seeing something when they had other items and was told they don't take them out.
My SA told me people have come in and said they'll drop $250k right now if they can get one of those bags, and they still can't sell them (although those offers are wild to me). I was told that they generally try not to let people try them on, as then everyone will start asking, but if you have a good relationship and the store is quiet, it's not out of the question.

My SA told me people have come in and said they'll drop $250k right now if they can get one of those bags, and they still can't sell them (although those offers are wild to me).

I have a different thought on this. It is either that 250K is not high enough or that SA is literally dumb. If you have lots of money to spend, the H will likely to offer you a QB (or even 2-3 QBs) on the same day. (It is also possible to get more than 2 QBs in a year... You just need to be a VVIP.) They just trick you with the term, "relationship," but after all, it's all business with some game rules.

The real problem is that the Greenwich store in CT is awful in terms of stocks and the low inventory of QBs. (To me, it was literally like those airport stores, but with the availability of QBs.) I personally had bad experiences with the SA over there. It would be wiser to shop in the bigger pool such as the Madison Maison in NYC. (Madison Maison will always get the stocks first before the surrounding stores in MA, CT, PA, and other stores in NY, etc.)

I have a different thought on this. It is either that 250K is not high enough or that SA is literally dumb. If you have lots of money to spend, the H will likely to offer you a QB (or even 2-3 QBs) on the same day. (It is also possible to get more than 2 QBs in a year... You just need to be a VVIP.) They just trick you with the term, "relationship," but after all, it's all business with some game rules.

The real problem is that the Greenwich store in CT is awful in terms of stocks and the low inventory of QBs. (To me, it was literally like those airport stores, but with the availability of QBs.) I personally had bad experiences with the SA over there. It would be wiser to shop in the bigger pool such as the Madison Maison in NYC. (Madison Maison will always get the stocks first before the surrounding stores in MA, CT, PA, and other stores in NY, etc.)
What I was told was that the display bags do not belong to the store, they belong to corporate, and will be moved to another store for display etc. -- so they are just not the store's to sell, no matter how much someone is willing to spend.

The low stock is really unfortunate, but the trek to NYC is a whole day commitment, and I can't manage that often enough. I really hate that your relationship is only considered with one store and SA rather than Hermes as a whole. Probably better for my wallet this way, anyway...

What I was told was that the display bags do not belong to the store, they belong to corporate, and will be moved to another store for display etc. -- so they are just not the store's to sell, no matter how much someone is willing to spend.

The low stock is really unfortunate, but the trek to NYC is a whole day commitment, and I can't manage that often enough. I really hate that your relationship is only considered with one store and SA rather than Hermes as a whole. Probably better for my wallet this way, anyway...

What you heard is correct. The display bags are not for the store to sell. They belong to corporate and are not part of the store’s stock. That store stock gets ordered at Podium (which just happened last week in Paris). The store manager for CT is highly known and thought of within Hermes as she was the store director for Madison Ave when the new location opened. One doesn’t get to run the flagship without being highly respected within. She moved back to Greenwich for better quality of life. The one limitation is that stores are only allocated so much for quota bags that they’re allowed to order and that’s based on the overall revenue of the store. Being the store is relatively small, they’re never going to get the traffic of NYC, but I’m sure she will do well with whatever she gets to work with.

What you heard is correct. The display bags are not for the store to sell. They belong to corporate and are not part of the store’s stock. That store stock gets ordered at Podium (which just happened last week in Paris). The store manager for CT is highly known and thought of within Hermes as she was the store director for Madison Ave when the new location opened. One doesn’t get to run the flagship without being highly respected within. She moved back to Greenwich for better quality of life. The one limitation is that stores are only allocated so much for quota bags that they’re allowed to order and that’s based on the overall revenue of the store. Being the store is relatively small, they’re never going to get the traffic of NYC, but I’m sure she will do well with whatever she gets to work with.
She does and I absolutely can't complain. I am sure I am a peon in Greenwich but have gotten some really lovely bag offers there. I just wish the RTW and shoe offerings were as good!

This is correct.

Someone got 2 QBs in a year with only spending amount of under $6K from Greenwich. (You can find a thread elsewhere here.) So, if you are a very much likable person by the SM and SA in Greenwich store, you should stick with Greenwich store to score QBs continuously.

Experiences vary. I must say that I was not even asked for a wish list even if I spent at least $10K over a month or two. I asked them politely that I was curious about Birkin, and the SA did not care to write down or whatsoever. My personal experience was also that the SA was a bit racist. (Nowadays, you don't have to be an obvious racist, but anybody can be racists with microagression or subtle ways and that's the case for me.)

If you find the Greenwich store convenient and SM/SA work for you well, then stick with it by all means.

I stopped by the Greenwich store today. While I am not really a fan of the SMs there, it was very cool to see home-related items there. Bags for the display, however, were boring and nothing new... The inventory was still similar to that of H store in JFK airport. 🤣

ETA: After visiting there, I realized how well I have made my decision to switch a store/SA to the one in NYC. 🙏

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by the Greenwich store today. While I am not really a fan of the SMs there, it was very cool to see home-related items there. Bags for the display, however, were boring and nothing new... The inventory was still similar to that of H store in JFK airport. 🤣

ETA: After visiting there, I realized how well I have made my decision to switch a store/SA to the one in NYC. 🙏
I really loathe the display only bags. I miss the days when you could go into the store, see a bag you liked on display, and then walk out with it.

I don't think there is a prespend in Greenwich.
I read your comments and saw that you’ve been only buying what you love. I’ve taken the same approach so far but my SA has suggested fine jewelry pieces twice while mentioning they’d get me my wishlist this year… hence I’m wondering if it’s a hint I’m supposed to take 😂

I read your comments and saw that you’ve been only buying what you love. I’ve taken the same approach so far but my SA has suggested fine jewelry pieces twice while mentioning they’d get me my wishlist this year… hence I’m wondering if it’s a hint I’m supposed to take 😂
I would agree with your intuition that it is a hint. However, I would take it as a hint that spending approximately that amount will help; not that you need to buy those exact pieces or even fine jewelry at all.

I've never bought fine jewelry or watches in the Greenwich store. I did buy a watch years ago in Paris. I have bought leather bracelets and enamel bracelets there, but never the fine jewelry.