Hermes Hong Kong

Hello all, just an update on my exchange situation, which has a happy ending. For anyone going through the exchange process, please know that Hermes will be flexible despite their strict exchange policies. Thanks for all your suggestions, it helped to know what they'd offered to clients in the past. In the end Hermes allowed me to find my bag at another store and extended the exchange period. I've happily found a beautiful Lindy which I'm now really enjoying! Happy shopping everyone.

Hi I am also trying to exchange a Lindy 30 to a Lindy 26. Can you advise which store in HK you have requested for exchange?

I have sent the bag to the Elements store last week and it's supposed to come back to store from checking tomorrow.

Just wanna see if I can also exchange for another bag in other store to increase my chances. Thanks

I didn't have time to go back the next day.

if I remember correctly, it was hk$85,xxx (can't remember the exact price). it is more expensive than Europe but about the same price as USA (before tax). Europe is about 35% cheaper so if you can get it in Europe, get it in Europe.

i think times are different in hk now. I read up on this hk thread before going to hk Hermes and I have to say my experience is very different from what the threads said in 2012.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in me writing a more complete experience in hk post? It would be long though...
Think many are still waiting for your reply and respond
Lucky encountered
Keeping us in suspend

Think many are still waiting for your reply and respond
Lucky encountered
Keeping us in suspend

So sorry! I was waiting for when I had more time and then kind of forgot! I did not have time to visit sogo store so my experience is all the stores minus sogo. this was my first time shopping in hk.

My whole experience of Hong Kong was that the stores had a lot of stock!! More than I expected. also, they all mentioned more stock in the back room...so if you don't see items on display, you can try asking them. It might be in the back.

the stores in order from most to least stock on display: TST, PP, central, lee gardens, pennisula.

the stores in order from best to coldest service: pennisula, lee gardens, central, tst, PP.

I was suppose to get into hk at 4pm and I have a dinner appointment at 7:30pm...so I figured I had enough to time to check into hotel and shop. However my flight was delayed so had to rush to H with only 30-45min to look.

I was helped right away by a SA. I first went to the necktie section and picked out some gifts. the jewelry and watch section was close to the neckties and scarfs. The SA explained H watched and jewelry (I don't know H too well). I looked at some of the jewelry as I like necklaces and I picked out a necklace. I also looked around the ready to wear but there really wasn't much time left. I asked the SA about bags so we went to the bag section. There were bolide, Evelyn, Jyspiere, Berline, etc in several colors on display. The only bags not on display (that I noticed) was halzan, Constance, birkin and Kelly. I modeled myself in the mirror but told the SA I wasn't sure about any of the bags. SA flat out asked if I was actually interested in birkin and I said yes. he asked me what color and size and I said birkin 30, black with GHW. he thought about it and said there was a dark colored birkin 30 but it was not black. "Would I like a dark colored birkin?"

At that point I really had to go because of my dinner appointment and I still had to first pay for my items. so I decided to think about it and he asked me how many days I am staying in hk. I said I only have one free day left. he said if I want, I can come back but not during 12-2pm as he is on lunch break. Writing up the record and paying took a good 10min. So I was almost late to dinner.

I ended up not going back to that store but I did go to other stores and tried on some ready to wear items. PP had many ready to wear items but none were in my size...all bigger sizes. pennisula had my size but they were different items and I liked the items in PP more, so i only got a hat the rest of my stay.

I really really liked the SA at pennisula. she was super nice and kind and explained a lot about the brand to me. I think I would like to shop there in the future if I go to hk. The store is smaller though...so I am not sure about real stock. They did have a crocodile birkin (display only, not for sale), but I figure they probably can get a birkin for you if you are a regular.

Sorry this post is so long. hopefully, next time I go to hk, I will have time to go to H. there is something I kind of regret not getting...😝

So sorry! I was waiting for when I had more time and then kind of forgot! I did not have time to visit sogo store so my experience is all the stores minus sogo. this was my first time shopping in hk.

My whole experience of Hong Kong was that the stores had a lot of stock!! More than I expected. also, they all mentioned more stock in the back room...so if you don't see items on display, you can try asking them. It might be in the back.

the stores in order from most to least stock on display: TST, PP, central, lee gardens, pennisula.

the stores in order from best to coldest service: pennisula, lee gardens, central, tst, PP.

I was suppose to get into hk at 4pm and I have a dinner appointment at 7:30pm...so I figured I had enough to time to check into hotel and shop. However my flight was delayed so had to rush to H with only 30-45min to look.

I was helped right away by a SA. I first went to the necktie section and picked out some gifts. the jewelry and watch section was close to the neckties and scarfs. The SA explained H watched and jewelry (I don't know H too well). I looked at some of the jewelry as I like necklaces and I picked out a necklace. I also looked around the ready to wear but there really wasn't much time left. I asked the SA about bags so we went to the bag section. There were bolide, Evelyn, Jyspiere, Berline, etc in several colors on display. The only bags not on display (that I noticed) was halzan, Constance, birkin and Kelly. I modeled myself in the mirror but told the SA I wasn't sure about any of the bags. SA flat out asked if I was actually interested in birkin and I said yes. he asked me what color and size and I said birkin 30, black with GHW. he thought about it and said there was a dark colored birkin 30 but it was not black. "Would I like a dark colored birkin?"

At that point I really had to go because of my dinner appointment and I still had to first pay for my items. so I decided to think about it and he asked me how many days I am staying in hk. I said I only have one free day left. he said if I want, I can come back but not during 12-2pm as he is on lunch break. Writing up the record and paying took a good 10min. So I was almost late to dinner.

I ended up not going back to that store but I did go to other stores and tried on some ready to wear items. PP had many ready to wear items but none were in my size...all bigger sizes. pennisula had my size but they were different items and I liked the items in PP more, so i only got a hat the rest of my stay.

I really really liked the SA at pennisula. she was super nice and kind and explained a lot about the brand to me. I think I would like to shop there in the future if I go to hk. The store is smaller though...so I am not sure about real stock. They did have a crocodile birkin (display only, not for sale), but I figure they probably can get a birkin for you if you are a regular.

Sorry this post is so long. hopefully, next time I go to hk, I will have time to go to H. there is something I kind of regret not getting...😝
Thank you FP for your detailed post ;) i think everyone's so eager to look into learning points and taking notes

Sent from my SM-G9350 using PurseForum mobile app

Wow, the business in HK must be pretty bad this year for the stores to be so open about b/ks :smile: Must be the large drop in mainlander business ... When I lived there, I remember it was at least $12K USD minimum spend before they would even start to call you about things in the back :smile:

May I know how much did u spend on jewelry before the SA asked u abt the blue birkin?
And which store was that?!
Thanks.

Lovely experience

May I know when was that happened? Which month of this year? Or years before?

Fyi Christies has a handbag and accessories auction on June 1 St 2016 at 12:00 PM
I don't know how to post images on purse forum so I can't paste the info.

Try googling it. I went to the viewing today and there lots to seeeeee!

Happy bidding :smile:

Fyi Christies has a handbag and accessories auction on June 1 St 2016 at 12:00 PM
I don't know how to post images on purse forum so I can't paste the info.

Try googling it. I went to the viewing today and there lots to seeeeee!

Happy bidding :smile:

Here is the link to over 100 hermes bags to bid for!

http://www.christies.com/sales/handbags-and-accessories-hong-kong-june-2016/index.aspx?SitecoreGUID={8DD64EE4-C3EF-403A-BB2F-248219B31716}&sectionName=auctions_Nav&lid=1

Hi I am also trying to exchange a Lindy 30 to a Lindy 26. Can you advise which store in HK you have requested for exchange?

I have sent the bag to the Elements store last week and it's supposed to come back to store from checking tomorrow.

Just wanna see if I can also exchange for another bag in other store to increase my chances. Thanks

I there, I took my bag back to Galleria in Central as that seemed like the biggest store with the most stock to me. They didn't allow me to shop anywhere else, but after 30 days, they did, so you should ask them if you can shop elsewhere even if you took your bag back to elements. Good luck!!