Hermes Garden Party Canvas

Mine still looks new and it is several years old. I think you can find pristine or almost pristine resale or otherwise go new, the stains would make me crazy if I knew i did not make them :P

Tanker Toad Thanks so much for the advice, I shall pass on it as the photos are difficult to decipher marks-wise and the seller is not prepared to describe them verbally .
Thanks also for the links, Malleries seems such a brilliant store .
Each photo of GP in action proves what a versatile ,stylish and discreet bag it is .
I think I shall go for a new bag after hearing how yours has stood up to usage.
I'm intrigued to see the Shoulder GP and also the one with the detachable strap.

Thoughts with all of you in US , it was shocking to see how much devastation has occurred .

Hi all
new member here, so am unable to start a topic of my own, but wanted some advice please.

I am looking for a present for my wife. Her Prada everyday bag is getting on a bit and other handbags in her arsenal are, well, a bit more special.

So far I have been lucky and all the handbags and clutches I bought her were apparently extremely good choices, so I want to carry on the trend with the next purchase too, but my fashion taste is not the best to say the least.

Basically I quite like the look of GP in Off-White Viking Goeland canvas and Prussian blue Négonda calfskin.
but my main concern is it will be for everyday use along with the Prada one. Is it likely to look worn quite quickly?
I would also appreciate information about similar products by other designers, so far I have stuck with Prada and Louis Vuittons. Hermes in my mind, as a brand, trumps the other two hands down, so that's also a consideration in my choice.

So the requirements are as follows:
I'd like to keep the price reasonable, say £1500 ($2000) max
Suitable for everyday use
reasonably spacious as she likes to carry her entire "desert island" wish list with her.
A brand that is no less respectable than Prada or LV

Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

P.S. apologies to the OP for thread hijack, but it's the silly rules that seem to be geared towards regular visitors and fans that are forcing me to do this.

If a moderator could kindly make this post into a thread, I'd be very thankful too!

The canvas/leather Garden Party would be an excellent choice. It is a great everyday bag: very spacious, durable and practical, yet elegant. The medium size is listed on Hermes.com at $1900 USD. Good luck -- I'm sure you'll find something your wife will love!

ETA: I've had my two GPs for several years and they barely look worn. They definitely get a lot of use; they are my workhorse bags. I took my large one to Martha's Vineyard one year and used it as a beach bag. It did get a little dirty but it cleaned up very nicely.

One more question, would you say this bag is versatile enough in the colours that I have chosen? Or is it specific type of outfit only bag?

I think both those colors would be quite versatile. I have a small GP in black, which goes with everything, and my larger bag is Vert Anis (sort of a sage green), which is surprisingly versatile. If in doubt, I'd suggest the more neutral color. Your wife can always add another bag to her collection in the future. :graucho:

I have a canvas and while I don't use it as an everyday bag I do use as travel/beach bag. It has really gotten "beat up" in my travels, but still looks great and holds up very nicely. I don't baby it - spilled drink inside, some sunblock has leaked...but still a good tote that I continue to use. The only thing is that there has been minor fading & also starting to see a little wear on corners - but honestly considering all the hours it has been in the hot sun at beach or at pool (and at times getting splashed & a little wet), that's expected. In fact, I'm surprised that it has held up so nicely despite all of this. I would buy another.

Honestly, I think the leather version looks better for a day bag, but if it's durability you desire, the canvas will be a great bag for you and hold up very well.

Good luck, and congrats on your first H!!!!
Hi, I'm new to Tpf, i need help. I recently bought an Hermes garden party canvass and would like to know if what i bought is authentic, because i read in ebay that canvass should not have craftsman Id? Mine has its letter T.

Hi, I'm new to Tpf, i need help. I recently bought an Hermes garden party canvass and would like to know if what i bought is authentic, because i read in ebay that canvass should not have craftsman Id? Mine has its letter T.

Welcome; we ask that all authentication related questions to into the authentication threads but we don't authenticate purchased items. Please consider using a paid service. Thanks.

Thank you for this thread. I covet the dark blue canvas 30 GP. I almost had one in December in Paris but it sold to the person in line before me. I came home with the leather I black which I love but I still want the blue canvas.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get my first Hermes bag and have fallen in love with the canvas Garden Party (photo attached). Would this be an ideal first H bag?
I would use it a few times a week, and would be careful because of the canvas. Would you consider this bag a long term investment?
If its not an everyday bag then I may have to save up for a full leathered one.

Many thanks in advance
I have a canvas GP rocabar (red, tan, beige stripes), but I would never use it a lot, just because I don't want it to get dirty. And it's really just a summer bag.
I'll probably get a GP all leather in the future. That's more of an everyday, rough and tough, stuff it bag that'll look better with age.

The MM size Garden Party seems to be quite rare.
Wondering in which years they were made. In the resale arena, the PM (35cm) is often incorrectly listed as an MM. The MM is 44 cm.
The one I have is an H stamp.

Can anyone comment on different coloured canvases and leather combinations? There's a sable coloured canvas with noir leather straps I'm eyeing from a reseller but I don't really see these kinds of combinations. They even have orange canvas with etoupe straps. I'm new to H so I'm not sure.

Can anyone comment on different coloured canvases and leather combinations? There's a sable coloured canvas with noir leather straps I'm eyeing from a reseller but I don't really see these kinds of combinations. They even have orange canvas with etoupe straps. I'm new to H so I'm not sure.

I dont know what are you asking
Comment on what?
No details no picture

There are so many combos different year different season
Different types different materials

How to answer your posting
Strange

Anyway new or experienced doesnt matter
Always authenticate befoe buying
From any where other than stores
Rule nos 1