hermes for $6.60

Kristie.F said:
Hi tokyogirl!!

I have this book (DH just bought it back for me on his trip to Japan) and I have the large "Super import brand - Hermes Perfect Book" - DH calls them my bibles!!!:biggrin:

I love the pics of people carrying their bags - it's really helpful when deciding what size to get!!

oh now you're just making me drool. definitely i keep my mags bedside. yum.

Thanks Tokyogirl for the link. You girls make me so jealous! I have a folder where a put away all the H bag pics I find in magazines...but a whole book of pics wouls be a different story..!!;) I'll have to start hunting around bookshops....:P

HiHeels said:
oh this is the one you got? was it a fair price on ebay? it is great for dimensions, general bag designs, and prices even - but the bigger issues sometimes have a few pictures of people holding the bags, which is the very best. i love this little size though - very fun.
duna, look around, because a japanese bookstore is your best chance. maybe even there is a japanese general store that also sells periodicals and books, they might carry something like this.

I love looking at the different kinds of leather that is available. However, it's funny how some leather/color doesn't translate until you see it in person. On example is the Dalmatian leather (for a moment I thought it was made from a dog's hide when I saw the name!). Dalmatian in the book looked very ugly. However, last weekend I saw somebody carrying an orange and white Dalmatian Birkin (in either a 25 or 30) and it looked adorable!!:biggrin: REALLY!

HiHeels said:
oh, don't worry, i believe you.

so besides ebay, do any other sites sell the mags? and how often do they come out, on average? annually, or more often?

I just started a thread about this. I don't see any of the Japanese magazines on eBay right now. I'd like to be able to buy one online.

Tammy518 said:
I just started a thread about this. I don't see any of the Japanese magazines on eBay right now. I'd like to be able to buy one online.

depends how you search. i've found listings using "hermes catalog" though a lot of the hermes-published magazines will pop up with that as well, and they are not the same thing at all. HA, the one time i prefer non-hermes to actual hermes! :roflmfao:
but they pop up and someone buys them and then you have to wait for a new listing. so see, now in addition to dropping in daily to the store, you're supposed to check on ebay every few hours (often they are listed as "buy now" items, so they don't sit on the site for a week). better go ahead and quit your fulltime job now, because there just won't be any time for such frivolity when you commit to hermes.:rolleyes:

hi heels, you are so sweetly funny!
i just set my timer for 15 minutes so i can pop into the shower and get to work on time!!!
I am so pathetic!!!
deliriously happy here tho!!!!
before i die i will learn to post a picture here.
you ladies deserve it!!!!
i feel guilty seeing all yoru pix!
i do know how to private email a picture tho, does that help?
i am fabulously addicted here!!!!!
HELP!!!!!

HiHeels said:
depends how you search. i've found listings using "hermes catalog" though a lot of the hermes-published magazines will pop up with that as well, and they are not the same thing at all. HA, the one time i prefer non-hermes to actual hermes! :roflmfao:
but they pop up and someone buys them and then you have to wait for a new listing. so see, now in addition to dropping in daily to the store, you're supposed to check on ebay every few hours (often they are listed as "buy now" items, so they don't sit on the site for a week). better go ahead and quit your fulltime job now, because there just won't be any time for such frivolity when you commit to hermes.:rolleyes:

You are so funny! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: You are so right though, Hermes is a a full time commitment! But that 's the joy of Hermes (unlike other designer brands which are more accessible).

arcangel said:
hi heels, you are so sweetly funny!
i just set my timer for 15 minutes so i can pop into the shower and get to work on time!!!
I am so pathetic!!!
deliriously happy here tho!!!!
before i die i will learn to post a picture here.
you ladies deserve it!!!!
i feel guilty seeing all yoru pix!
i do know how to private email a picture tho, does that help?
i am fabulously addicted here!!!!!
HELP!!!!!

how could i forget, the PF! :blink: so now we have the store visits, the ebay hunting just for the magazine, and then keeping up with the threads here! :biggrin: we're all PhGs, purse hunting girls. and we nearly made arcangel late for work today. sorry about that. :flowers: i think if you send a pic through pm, someone else ought to be able to post it for you, by the way. i should assure any member that while those magazines are fun, and let you get a little hermes fix during your commute, or if you're trapped in an elevator without food or water (the time would fly by), truly the PF is an equally good resource, and it's loaded with wonderful pics too, which i am very very grateful for!

tokyogirl said:
You are so funny! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: You are so right though, Hermes is a a full time commitment! But that 's the joy of Hermes (unlike other designer brands which are more accessible).

yeah, they really make you earn your stuff at hermes. nevermind the price tag - some of us are clocking some serious hours studying the material. i don't know how they do it, but just looking at the stuff releases some chemical in my brain. it's all good.

Item number: 240000076428 on ebay - this shows the mini one that i just bought (for a mark up and shipping costs), and if you scroll down the listing you'll see what type of pics are inside.

HiHeels said:
Item number: 240000076428 on ebay - this shows the mini one that i just bought (for a mark up and shipping costs), and if you scroll down the listing you'll see what type of pics are inside.

Whee! I just ordered this. Thanks for posting the link, HiHeels! I had been looking on eBay all day, but I guess I wasn't using the right words in my search.

Tammy518 said:
Whee! I just ordered this. Thanks for posting the link, HiHeels! I had been looking on eBay all day, but I guess I wasn't using the right words in my search.

that's what we're here for. that poster said they have quite a few copies, it should be noted, in case someone thinks you got the last one. what was the total, with shipping costs?

HiHeels said:
that's what we're here for. that poster said they have quite a few copies, it should be noted, in case someone thinks you got the last one. what was the total, with shipping costs?

Yep, there were initially 27 available, so should still be some left. Regular shipping from Japan was $9 to the U.S., and express was $18, so I went ahead and paid the extra so I'd get it sooner. I'm really excited to get it because I'm over three hours away from the nearest Hermes boutique. At least now I'll have the catalog for different style names and dimensions.

Oh you won't be disappointed, it's such a sweet catalog. I hadn't even known Hermes made so many other purse styles. I keep it by my bedside too!

I found the eBay catalog on a fluke -- the title description didn't have the words "catalog" "handbook" or anything like that. If you do search on eBay, use title and description searches. It yields alot, but you can narrow it down by category. Or broaden your search to include international sellers.

The "Hermes Super Collection" and the "Hermes Perfect Book" are on a "wishlist" too. And yes, it's still the same bags in structure/design, only new color combinations are not included, so any Hermes "bible" catalog in any year is nice to have.

I don't think the ones that Hermes produce themselves are as minutely catalogued like the Asian magazines - Hermes' own is more like a seasonal portfolio, 2-page ad spreads, etc.

Would have posted earlier but I'm coming out of a bad cold -- I was on PF but too foggy to post much. bleh.