Hermès Exchange and Return Policy

Darling, at the end of the day, did the Store Director let you use the credit on a B/K? There is the answer. You are not alone. I have heard of this happening to others I know personally and others on the forum.
That is the standing policy. I don't understand why you would keep a credit if you are buying more things but that is your right. Giving you conflicting information is not right either but many times SAs don't know about these non-written policies until faced with dealing with one. I find that we know more as members of TPF than they do. I really don't understand a lot of things Hermes does to the customers. Some SM are much more customer friendly than others. Some SAs know a lot and some know shockingly little...

I have been subjected to horrifying things by a SM that no longer works for Hermes. If you are willing to challenge the SM, maybe you will win. They know they hold the cards because you are afraid to ruin your relationship. Been there. It's terrible. I challenged, I won, I no longer shop at that boutique.... even after he was removed.
Sorry you had to deal with such a person. Hugs :smile:

There's always another store. I would fight. I've switched main stores several times (but then, I am ok with buying pre-loved, and my store closest to home is just like a hang-out, I do not count on it as the place I'll get B/K or SO).
I have used a credit on a Kelly with no issue but franchise stores can be weird - however marbella8 is correct, this seems actually unlawful. H credits used to expire until they were brought into line with retailer law....should be the same here.....

At this point I am more angry with myself for not being more aggressive with my position. However, the owner of the store was there and knew what was going on, they had pulled my credit so it was sitting on the desk when I walked in. No where on the credit slip did it state this policy so I was completely blindsided. It has taught me that the relationship with purchases is more important than the relationship to clients - very sad. Oh well, it's the holiday season and I have moved on.

Hey Dessertsfirst (love that idea),
Understand what happened to you as it happened to me too!!! Franchise stores seems to make their own rules .....If you were a good client shame on them ....The fact that they don't have great inventory should help you to move on to another boutique much easier. I'm a loyal customer as long as I understand the rules, but once the game playing begins, with my hard earned money, I'm gone and off to a store that appreciates me. good luck my friend.

Reactions: prepster
US hermes and policy allow you only for exchange and merchandise credit within the same categories ... like if you purchased a lot of jewleries, and other non leather items, you can't use it toward a Leather categories ... and especially with B or K. It is all the relationship that you have with the store . We all so much into obtain B/K and seemly forget our rights. Where I live, we don't have H store, well soon there will be one next year or so . Please keep in mind, although the demand of B/K are high, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with things that do not go right . If anything, file a dispute ...at that time it will be or he said or she said ...
I established my relationship with SA just casually , and surely i wasn't not dress to impress ( heading to airport after a long bus. trip) , but I able to connect and establish my relationship there . Just be yourself and it will come. Don't buy it just for a sake of buying to get B/K unless $$$ is not a subject.
The only fallback from your situation, you will have to get on the plane to get B/K :smile: ... hang in there sweetie. If anything, escalation path is good . Fight for what you believe is right and will come out to be alright with you ... HUGSSSS

Hello everyone,
I tried searching for Hermes exchange policy and I only found an outdated one from 2006.

I was gifted an hermes clic clac for my birthday. I did not get a gift receipt. I am in love with my new clic clac, however I need a GM size. PM fits but I feel that I will feel more comfortable with the GM.

Would Hermes (Toronto) exchange for the larger size without receipt or will they give me hard time?

Can you ask the gifter for the receipt? I can't imagine someone would have an issue with giving you the purchase receipt if you need to change the size, and I'd hope that for such an item they'd have kept the receipt anyway.
Also, I'd suggest calling the store and asking what the policy and requirements are.

Can you ask the gifter for the receipt? I can't imagine someone would have an issue with giving you the purchase receipt if you need to change the size, and I'd hope that for such an item they'd have kept the receipt anyway.
Also, I'd suggest calling the store and asking what the policy and requirements are.

They don't live near me. They were staying with my parents for few days as a quick stop over before going on their vacation. They left the gift with my parents and I got it from them last night. *sniffles* I'm sure they can mail me the receipt?

I'm not sure about the policy, but I can't see how it would be possible to return or exchange it without a receipt

If you really want to exchange it perhaps you can ask the person who gifted you the item for the receipt, and if the gifter does not have the receipt it I think the store would have the seller/receipt saved somewhere

I'm not sure about the policy, but I can't see how it would be possible to return or exchange it without a receipt

If you really want to exchange it perhaps you can ask the person who gifted you the item for the receipt, and if the gifter does not have the receipt it I think the store would have the seller/receipt saved somewhere

Good idea about checking to see if they have their information saved. I will call the store to see if they can find their information prior to making the drive.

Good idea about checking to see if they have their information saved. I will call the store to see if they can find their information prior to making the drive.
Not sure about Chanda, but even with US easy return policy, my local H requires receipt and manager approval so that says something.... best to ask your friend for a gift receipt (or ask them to call the store direct themselves about you wanting an exchange) as I don't think the store will give out anyone information, sorry maybe just me...I certainly won't be happy if my store gives out my info to anyone that calls and asks...